Spectacular spider-man's pros and cons to help with the fututre of the series

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by strugler, Mar 9, 2008.

1. November Rain Single Mother

Alright here is the thing

The power rangers fight monsters, monsters like demons. No human 'good' aspects of them all. Monsters bad to the bone

Monsters are souless

They fight monsters with mythical weapons you can't find and destroy them with giant zords you can't find anywhere.

the monsters attack the humans with strange weapons and claws and what not.

There is no sense of realism of actual danger with a power ranger fight

energy disserpation or damage is viewed with sparks flying off one's body, it's unrealistic.

In all these scenarios, the heroes can punch monsters because they are using their powers responsibly.

Look at the 90s spiderman cartoons when spidey was up against robots or monsters, heroes are allowed to lash out on souless objects or things that can't feel their wrath (in the same lines as wolverine pops his claws alot but only uses them on robots).

so if we are looking at bad guys hitting the good guys, then vioelnce in that direction is fine but you'll never see in this cartoon a good guy punching a bad guy because they don't believe that is ultimately the best way to deal with a scenario.

I know it's crazy logic considering that the main demographic for all the spiderman films are young kids and spidey two had spidey beating the living daylights out of ock on all three of their encounters.

and all rules seem to be tighter on spiderman because he's like the most relatable hero out there which means he's probably the one people would most like to emulate so he gets the tightest strings around him.What makes it hard is that spidey doesn't fight robots or monsters. He fights humanoid villains with gadgets of powers.

2. Visionary Registered

Yes, it is crazy logic. Why, because parents were protesting on every news channel about the violence in the Power Rangers, NOT Spider-Man, POWER RANGERS? So it's obvious they didn't care about monsters or demons, they cared about the violent aspect of the show. Yet SABAN/FOX said f--- the parents, we're not changing a damn thing and damn the censors. Yet, when it came to Spider-Man, MARVEL turned into scared ass *****es. MARVEL should have had BALLS like SABAN, or taken Spider-Man to another Network, but they didn't.

3. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

well all networks have set rules and all that in what is allow and not allowed so even if the show was on a different one censorship would be the same.

4. Visionary Registered

I disagree, for both TSSM and the 90s series. The MTV Spider-Man busted people's ass and bled, too bad that series didn't have classic villains, and wasn't limited to the movie's motifs. Imagine a Spider-Man series on Adult Swim (for teens/adult audiences) that you know kids are going to watch. Just freakin' imagine it.

5. Kamarov Registered

I can imagine it and I'm afarid that's all it'll be. It won't manifest into anything more.

6. Visionary Registered

This is the part where I say...keep hope alive. :dry:

7. ironman29758 Registered

8. Ratcrawler Registered

Didn't feel like reading the thread so sorry if this was mentioned before but I have a qualm with most superhero cartoons that SSM also falls victim too, probably moreso because it's set in NYC.

Where's the traffic?

I can just barely susPend my disbelief at the idea of a limo providing a challenging target to a man who could fly at night. But for real, when sPidey dropped off Norman at the Police Station midday and Vulture glided a foot over the street there were NO CARS IN SIGHT! C'mon, Marvel this is the city that never sleeps! You based your character designs on a style that makes them quicker to animate. You telling me you can't do the same with cars?

9. Green Goblin 1964 Registered

Hmm...I agree with this

10. diespinne Registered

Me too! And while we're at it... where are all the frickin' pigeons, Marvel??? I mean this IS New York City!

11. Ratcrawler Registered

I read that some airports use falcons to scare off birds in the morning so that they don't crash into aircraft. Maybe Vulture frightened the pigeons?

12. ironwez20 Registered

i loved the show brought me back i cant wait to see what they do with it

13. MattBearPig Registered

Ooohhh, good to know. Hopefully he does it soon.

14. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

well he did punch one of the enforcers in the pilot he didnt connect with any of the punches but he still punched the guy.

15. Visionary Registered

There's not enough trees in this show, I need some damn trees, where are all the trees?

16. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

god u guys have to nitpick every little thing like not alot of trees, no birds, not alot of cars,etc......

17. UltimateJustin The Hype's Black Purist

Animation is such a poor medium that its almost impossible to do anything, such as have acceptable character designs that animate well or draw cars on a street. As we all know, character models must be nearly nothing more than scribbles so they can "flow", unless of course you are watching something other than SSM, like for instance Justice League: New Frontier, the only tolerable movie ever made.

18. Green Goblin 1964 Registered

He was just asking in a NON-rude way. Calm down :huh:

19. Green Goblin 1964 Registered

I think they were joking.

But it is true about the city. No cars is just a detail. Some of us want to see the real speed of NYC. Have you ever been to NYC?

20. UltimateJustin The Hype's Black Purist

I was agreeing with him and also quoting Robocop kind of.