Supergirl Chris Wood IS Mon-El

Mon-El is just prettier. Winn was the best fit for Kara because they are both dorky and bubbly. The only reason Winn lost out last season was because the writers were forced to write the forced romance between Kara and James. Even hiring new writers couldn't make it work. But at this point it is all but impossible to back track and have Winn be the love of Kara's life now.

Yeah, Winn has pretty much been friend zoned for life by Kara. Sucks to be him on that front.

Mon-El is just prettier. Winn was the best fit for Kara because they are both dorky and bubbly. The only reason Winn lost out last season was because the writers were forced to write the forced romance between Kara and James. Even hiring new writers couldn't make it work. But at this point it is all but impossible to back track and have Winn be the love of Kara's life now.

I disagree, it was obvious from the very beginning that Kara saw Winn as just a friend, a very dear, and best friend, but still a friend. It was never shown to be anything other than that during the first season. Whereas Kara had a crush on James from the beginning....and I think that the writers realized that it probably shouldn't go any further than that, so they allowed Kara to see that, come to terms with it, and THANK GOODNESS, not lead him on for a few episodes to simply slam him in the end.

Well he's definitely a better fit for Kara's love interest than Jimmy and Winn were, imho.

My apologies to Jeremy Jordan, but I just never pictured Winn with Kara.

I was okay with James, but yes it looked like they were working too hard for that connection as well.

But with Mon'El, there just seems to be an immediate spark.

Mon-El is just prettier. Winn was the best fit for Kara because they are both dorky and bubbly.
Gonna have to disagree there. In my experience, people that much alike rarely make good romantic matches. It's the perfect foundation for a kinship/friendship, but there's a reason "opposites attract" is such a popular phrase. People tend to be attracted to others who bring something to the table that they themselves don't. I mean, you've gotta have things in common too, but the differences are usually what make a romance exciting.

At any rate, Winn is totally the Xander Harris of this show now.

Gonna have to disagree there. In my experience, people that much alike rarely make good romantic matches. It's the perfect foundation for a kinship/friendship, but there's a reason "opposites attract" is such a popular phrase. People tend to be attracted to others who bring something to the table that they themselves don't. I mean, you've gotta have things in common too, but the differences are usually what make a romance exciting.

At any rate, Winn is totally the Xander Harris of this show now.

Please no Praying Mantis episode....PLLLLEEEEEAASSSSEEE NOOOOOOOOO.... ;)

To me, Mon-El and Kara are opposites, and I think we are going to see much more of this in episodes to come......but good grief, man all of the anger in James looks like it is about to explode.

Please no Praying Mantis episode....PLLLLEEEEEAASSSSEEE NOOOOOOOOO.... ;).
Sing it to heavens girl, lol.

Is it weird that I don't even expect James' anger has anything to do with losing Kara? Like, at the end of the day, he just didn't seem that into her, despite whatever Lucy told him about his feelings.

Sing it to heavens girl, lol.

Is it weird that I don't even expect James' anger has anything to do with losing Kara? Like, at the end of the day, he just didn't seem that into her, despite whatever Lucy told him about his feelings.

I think it is much more a jealousy of her not bringing him into her life as Supergirl. Apparently he was very much into the life of Superman, but starting in Episode 9 when she told Winn about Astra being back, but didn't tell James he has been ******** ever since, and then to see her work so closely with Barry and enjoy it so much....and then in comes Clark, and neither of them really give him much time......and now Winn is working at the DEO, with Kara, with Supergirl, and where does that leave James? pissed... oh and then the one thing that he figured he could do for her (give her some good advice) she turns the tables on him in Ep. 3 and she GIVES HIM advice. He is left out in the cold.....

Well, we'll see tomorrow what his jealousy comes out as. Apparently he's going to channel that into being Guardian.

I think it is much more a jealousy of her not bringing him into her life as Supergirl. Apparently he was very much into the life of Superman, but starting in Episode 9 when she told Winn about Astra being back, but didn't tell James he has been ******** ever since, and then to see her work so closely with Barry and enjoy it so much....and then in comes Clark, and neither of them really give him much time......and now Winn is working at the DEO, with Kara, with Supergirl, and where does that leave James? pissed... oh and then the one thing that he figured he could do for her (give her some good advice) she turns the tables on him in Ep. 3 and she GIVES HIM advice. He is left out in the cold.....
You're probably on the right track there. It will be interesting to see.

You may have some ideas as to what may happen with Mon-El in this TV Line interview complete with a hilarious clip of Kara and "Mike" at Catco.

There may be some spoilers but leave it to Melissa Benoist to provide some zaniness.

Kara will attempt to wrangle him this week — his Clark Kent look comes courtesy of Supergirl, who treats him “like her personal Ken doll,” according to Melissa Benoist — but that doesn’t mean he’ll necessarily follow orders.

Bold...personal Ken doll?! :hehe: :hehe: :lmao: :lmao:

isnt Mon-El supposed to have the same powers as Superman? I thought his race was supposed to be pretty much similar to Kryptonians. Is he supposed to be weakened bc he was a sleep kind of like how coma patients lose the use of some of their muscles and gradually get stronger over time?

Last edited:
Yes, Daxamites are nearly identical to Krytponians except for their weaknesses. But just as they severely depowered J'onn and possibly M'gann, it looks like they are doing the same for Mon-El.

Back in the Silver Age, the fictional effects of yellow star radiation (or the inverse - red star radiation) were pretty much instantaneous. But more “recently,” Kryptonian superpowers (strength, vision stuff and [finally] flight) are more gradually acquired. So it’s possible this conceit applies to the Supergirl universe (and to Mon-El).

tumblr_ogbjsf6fsH1rl53x2o4_250.gif
tumblr_ogbjsf6fsH1rl53x2o8_250.gif

Could just be that he's only been on Earth a few weeks, tops. All the other Kryptonians we've encountered have been present on Earth for years.

I did see in an interview that he said Kara has the same powers as him, just "more honed and developed," so it could be that other powers will emerge the longer he's on Earth soaking up those yellow sun rays. They've never made it clear that Kara had all her powers immediately, as far as I recall, and I think it's safe to assume Clark's developed as he grew up as is usually the case in Supes origins. I don't really care if Mon-El doesn't become as powerful as he is in the comics, but I do still hope he gets heat-vision and flight eventually.

Nope, I would rather he not fly....we already have Martian Manhunter flying with Kara, that is enough for me. Heat vision....hmmmm...maybe.

But for me, his jumping ability, and strength, is good enough for me.

I wonder what his costume will look like when he suits up
229ca0f0eb76f01174b719808a0f67a1.jpg

If he doesn't end up flying, does he still need a cape?

I think he should be able to fly. I like the notion of it, and it's part of the character's mythos. That and it seems most everyone else, Kara and Clark, J'onn and M'gann fly anyway.

I missed it but why is his name Mon-El on this show considering his origin is different than in the comics?

I missed it but why is his name Mon-El on this show considering his origin is different than in the comics?

He introduced himself as Mon-El. If he has another (royal ?) name, we've yet to be told about it.

Maybe Mon-El is the name of his body guard, and since that is (possibly) persona he has taken on here, that is what he is using and Lar Gand will be used later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"