• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Christopher Nolan's "Dunkirk" (July 21, 2017) - Part 3

I will give Nolan credit, Dunkirk, was the first of his films to make me cry.

I really think Interstellar is underrated. I am hoping that gets a bump in the future for how great it is like 2001: A Space Odyssey eventually did. You don't see Sci-Fi films of that kind anymore, and I loved what Nolan did with it. Further, best performance Matt Damon may have ever given, including Good Will Hunting.

Agreed on Interstellar, definitely Nolan’s most under rated movie.

Loved Dunkirk also though so glad it’s been nominated.

I agree that Interstellar is ridiculously underrated. It's one of the finest sci-fi films I've ever seen.

I got misty-eyed a few times during Dunkirk, but that had more to do with the technical masterwork on display. Those aerial sequences were quite literally stunning in IMAX.

Teared up a bit at Branagh's reaction to the civilian fleet's arrival, though.

Its an excellent 2001 re-make that's for sure.
tumblr_nbc2wgqTlE1r1k6vvo1_500.gif

Great to see Nolan nominated. Not going to pretend Dunkirk is my favourite film of his. From a technical perspective it's first class and amazing, it's just lacking an emotional core for me. But better late than never!

Gone over to Nolan wank to see what the reaction is there. And I see them praising Ben Shapiro. I'm out. Those people are so deluded.

Q7oRkP1.jpg

Shame he retired so quick after winning his Oscar.
I love Hoyte Van Hoytema too though who has a name even more magnificent than Wally Pfister.

I agree that Interstellar is ridiculously underrated. It's one of the finest sci-fi films I've ever seen.

:up:

This sequence killed me....

[YT]KT0BTHkvbto[/YT]

That and a few others did for me. Nolan has definitely got better at putting emotion in his movies. Interstellar got me misty eyed a few times as well, and the ending to that killed me also. Nolan is just a director at the top of his game for me.

Shame he retired so quick after winning his Oscar.
I love Hoyte Van Hoytema too though who has a name even more magnificent than Wally Pfister.
"You never leave when you're hot."

Still can't believe how much of a downward spiral he's been in ever since he left Nolan's side. His career is at a complete standstill. They were such a great pairing too.

I'm curious if he ever went back to Chris "asking" for his job back. :funny:

I'm always in favor of Nolan getting accolades, but if it were up to me, Inception would've been the movie that got him a Best Director nod.

I think Batman, Inception, and Interstellar all have emotion.

I think Batman, Inception, and Interstellar all have emotion.

About to post same thing, for me, to say his films don't have emotion, is incorrect, the ones you list do for me. However, as 'emotion' is a subjective response, one could say, it's down to the individual whether they gain a emotion from his films and specific scenes per sae. I know I cried at all 3 Batman films, in Oldman's final monologues, in Inception at the bedside reveal and in Interstellar and Dunkirk, but heh, I'm a soft touch :woot:

Gone over to Nolan wank to see what the reaction is there. And I see them praising Ben Shapiro. I'm out. Those people are so deluded.

Haha, I saw that too. To be fair, it was only a couple of posters, and others criticized them. Not like we don't have our "bad apples" on the Hype too.

I'm honestly more concerned about alt-right/Russian trolls pretending to be outraged Nolan fans and blending in with that crowd than the actual Nolan fans this Oscar season. Perfect opportunity for them to stir the pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"