Cigarettes.

Cigs aren't a "little thing", have you seen pictures of cig-smoker's blackened lungs. I'm right there with you about enjoying life. I wanna sky dive, go on every roller coaster in life, I'd even run with the bulls. I just don't understand the dependence on cigs.

bad%20lung.gif

How is this fun? :confused:

marvelman418 said:
I can't smoke. I was born with small lungs. I'd die immediately or like next day or something. Plus I don't see the amusement.

Are you serious ? I didn't know anybody could die from just one cigarette .

Colossal Spoons said:
Cigs aren't a "little thing", have you seen pictures of cig-smoker's blackened lungs. I'm right there with you about enjoying life. I wanna sky dive, go on every roller coaster in life, I'd even run with the bulls. I just don't understand the dependence on cigs.

bad%20lung.gif

Oh my god. :eek:

Seriously, people are trying to eat here.

Colossal Spoons said:

bad%20lung.gif

Lungs look pretty gross even when healthy. I'm never going to see my lungs, so I don't really care. I've known a LOT of people that have smoked for 60 years and are still living healthy ages in their old life. Mostly it's because they were pretty healthy in general with everything else (they were mostly europeans). And I live pretty healthily otherwise, so it's not really a concern to me. And it's not a dependence on cigs, I like them. It's a pleasure of life, like a glass of wine. Or a one night stand.

I guess buddy. If you're staying active, then you're at least somewhat decreasing your chances for health problems; though it's still pretty damn likely. Are you not addicted? How was your life pre-smoking?

BTW, your "can't see it so I don't care" mentality is very dangerous. Apply the same thing to tumors.

Colossal Spoons said:
I guess buddy. If you're staying active, then you're at least somewhat decreasing your chances for health problems; though it's still pretty damn likely. Are you not addicted? How was your life pre-smoking?
Pretty much the same, but with one less enjoyable little thing. And if you go to somewhere like France, where the lifestyle is a little healthier in general (not as much fast food, more walking around, etc), you'll see a lot of old smokers that look pretty damn vibrant quite frankly for their age. The fast food problem is a much more serious concern to american health than cigarettes are. It's just that cigarettes are an easier target to blame.

Could you think of anything that could replace your fondness for cigs? Something non-poisonous.

Colossal Spoons said:
Could you think of anything that could replace your fondness for cigs? Something non-poisonous.
A girlfriend that's willing to perform oral sex twenty times a day?

Colossal Spoons said:
Do cigs feel THAT good? Cuz thats' a lot of *****io!
If you're stressed out, yeah, they can. Especially when I can get Gauloises.

Calvin said:
Pretty much the same, but with one less enjoyable little thing. And if you go to somewhere like France, where the lifestyle is a little healthier in general (not as much fast food, more walking around, etc), you'll see a lot of old smokers that look pretty damn vibrant quite frankly for their age. The fast food problem is a much more serious concern to american health than cigarettes are. It's just that cigarettes are an easier target to blame.

I didn't even take your location into account. I agree about the fast food. I think that's just as detremental to one's health as cigs. Fast food can be ingested in moderation which is good. I've never met a person who smokes in moderation; they're either hooked or not.

Colossal Spoons said:
I didn't even take your location into account. I agree about the fast food. I think that's just as detremental to one's health as cigs. Fast food can be ingested in moderation which is good. I've never met a person who smokes in moderation; they're either hooked or not.
Well, I'm not there right now. I'm in Pittsburgh, hence the reference in my signature (love that strip). But while I was over there, cigarettes didn't seem to have the same affect on people that it does here. I think the abundance of walking has a lot to do with it. And I've definitely met moderate smokers. I know a lot of people that only smoke when they drink, and have no urge otherwise. As well as people that just smoke 4 or so a day regularly.

Is 4 a day considered moderation? I know compared to chain smokers, that's amazing but what's the average number of cigs a day?

The whole "only smoking when I drink" thing sounds more psychological than anything else. How does alcohol induce an urge to smoke?

Colossal Spoons said:
Is 4 a day considered moderation? I know compared to chain smokers, that's amazing but what's the average number of cigs a day?

The whole "only smoking when I drink" thing sounds more psychological than anything else. How does alcohol induce an urge to smoke?
I'd say the average for a true smoker is about 15-25. When I was in paris and going out and drinking every day, there were a lot of 30 cig days, and even 55er or two.

25 cigs a day is average!? How rich do you have to be to keep this habit, jeez.

55 a day is.....wow.

Colossal Spoons said:
25 cigs a day is average!? How rich do you have to be to keep this habit, jeez.

55 a day is.....wow.
Costs me about 100 bucks a month, but I don't have TV, and I don't spend much on food or other stuff.

Colossal Spoons said:

bad%20lung.gif

Insurance for the kids. Pays for their college education.

I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so I clearly am a non-smoker.

Besides, I'm a cyclist. I need my lungs . . .

American Male said:
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so I clearly am a non-smoker.

Besides, I'm a cyclist. I need my lungs . . .
I was allergic to smoke too for about my first 14 years. I kinda feel like I"m stickin' it to my previous allergy by smoking up a storm.

I don't like most cigarettes. The only kind I smoke are cloves. They are smooth and yummy. But I don't smoke very often. I agree that they are good sometimes when you are stressed, tired, or wound up. But I don't like to smoke too often. The pelasure isn't really worth the potential damage. My girlfriend smokes a couple a day on average and I wish she didn't. I love her more than anything and the idea of her ever getting lung cancer (or anything bad happening to her for that matter) is something i can't stand thinking about. But we are both pretty healthy otherwise.

Smoking is a strange thing: it kills a lot of people but at the same time there are those (and I know of quite a few) who have smoked for decades and have lived into healthy old age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"