Cigars: Smokem if you got em

SuBe

Voluntaryist
Reaction score
Who here smokes cigars, what do you like? I'm talking premium hand made, long fillers. I love the Rocky Patel Sungrown Robusto or Toro personally.

Comments?

i met this random republican guy who was in town for the house of delegates meetings a couple of years ago, he got trashed and traded me a cuban cigar for a ride back to his hotel.. pretty random but awesome. probably the best cigar i've ever smoked but i'm not sure what kind it was exactly.. i think i have the label stashed away in a box somewhere.

i met this random republican guy who was in town for the house of delegates meetings a couple of years ago, he got trashed and traded me a cuban cigar for a ride back to his hotel.. pretty random but awesome. probably the best cigar i've ever smoked but i'm not sure what kind it was exactly.. i think i have the label stashed away in a box somewhere.
I like a lot of Cubans, but usually they don't draw as well as they should do the the Ecomony of Cuban is really dependant on how many come out of the country in a year, so they tend to rush them. The best cuban i've had were Romeo y Julietta Tubo #2 Corona sized. It was also my first. Bolivars are good too.

i really need to get more into the whole cigar scene.
PS clinton's got my vote, on principle :dry:

they smell .. really bad .... keep em away

I just got back from a trip to Danli Honduras to our Cigar Factory, I wont say who I work for, but it was an amazing experience. I saw the fields, people rolling the cigars etc. The smell of good fresh tobacco is amazing.

what's a decent mid-priced cigar? i wouldn't mind buying a box of something to bust out for those special occasions.

what's a decent mid-priced cigar? i wouldn't mind buying a box of something to bust out for those special occasions.
What do you consider Mid-Priced? Also it depends on what your palate is like, do you like fool bodied, strong cigars, or somethings mild and creamy? Do you have a Humidor do store them? If not, I use something that you probably didn't imagine.

less than $20 per cigar.. i have a humidor, yes..
and i like strong cigars. i smoke marlboro reds, if that helps?

less than $20 per cigar.. i have a humidor, yes..
and i like strong cigars. i smoke marlboro reds, if that helps?
Cigarettes are a completely different animal, $20 dollar cigars are way too overpriced for a good decent cigar. You should always question a cigar if it costs more than $10-12. I really like the Rocky Patel Sungrown. It is full bodied and spicy with a slight hint of sweetness. And only costs $5.50-$8.00. If your are looking for something a little more expensive, That AVO Connectiuct Shade. I just picked up a Petite Corona size about 2 weeks ago, and even though it is a Connecticut Shade, it is one potent stick.

They smell better than cigarettes.
That is true because the the type and quality of tobacco used in cigars, at least Premium Hand Rolled, Long filler cigars.

i have heard there are psychoactive properties in fresh grown tobacco... anyone have any info on this? other than that... i seriously can not see why people would smoke it...

080106-0148.jpg

i have heard there are psychoactive properties in fresh grown tobacco... anyone have any info on this? other than that... i seriously can not see why people would smoke it...
It is not true, I've smoke fresh rolled (no age) cigars with no problem. It is more than likely a rumor based on the fact most people never see tobacco fields or the process of growing tobacco.

It is not true, I've smoke fresh rolled (no age) cigars with no problem. It is more than likely a rumor based on the fact most people never see tobacco fields or the process of growing tobacco.

meh i read it in science news, no offense, but science news might be a little more in the know than a cigar elitist like yourself. call me crazy.

meh i read it in science news, no offense, but science news might be a little more in the know than a cigar elitist like yourself. call me crazy.
Yeah, it can't be because of the thousands of premium hand made cigars I've smoked can't be enough exprience, and it can't be that this magizine you speak of has it's own agenda... hmm...

When I'm not smoking angeldust I tend to go for ITC 10th Anniversaries or 601. They are my 2 favs right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"