Clark not flying..Its just getting stupid....

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just read this from a TV Guide interview with Gough...

Are you still going to stick with your original "No Tights, No Flights" policy, considering how far we've come with the mythology and the fact that Supergirl [aka Kara, played by Laura Vandervoort] will be flying? — Salchan

Al Gough:
Yes, we are sticking with that policy as far as Clark is concerned. (Obviously Bizarro can fly as well as Kara.) But following up on what Chloe said about his lack of flying in the season premiere ("Clark, you need to get on that"), Kara will be giving him "flying lessons" later in the season. Although with Clark, they end up being more like "falling lessons."

You know if by the end of the season he isn't flying fine. I will be pissed. It just seems ridiculous that he can't. Kara could fly with no problem and she never grew up on Earth. Clark flew as Kal-El and Bizarro. I think it just seems ridiculous that at 20 years old he still can't fly. :whatever: :huh: :cmad:

Well, he said that she'll be giving him flying lessons which means we'll see him flying this season. He only said they'd be more like "falling lessons" because he'll have to get the hang of it. Don't worry my friend, he'll surely be flying this season.

I just read this from a TV Guide interview with Gough...

You know if by the end of the season he isn't flying fine. I will be pissed. It just seems ridiculous that he can't. Kara could fly with no problem and she never grew up on Earth. Clark flew as Kal-El and Bizarro. I think it just seems ridiculous that at 20 years old he still can't fly. :whatever: :huh: :cmad:

Of Coruse it's Absolutely Ridiculous . He's freaking 21 years old and he's still can't Fly. :mad:

Supermn.JPG

In Every Other Incarnation at this point in his life , Clark discovers the power of Flight at the age of 17. And by now has mastered it .

Is he even 20? I thought he was only around 19 years old.

He's 21

This series started him off as a 15 year old in season 1

Season 1 - 15

Season 2- 16

Season 3 - 17

Season 4 - 18 :super:

Season 5 - 19

Season 6 - 20

Season 7- 21

He was 14 and turned 15 in S1 and so on. So he is 20 now and will turn 21 this season

He was 14 and turned 15 in S1 and so on. So he is 20 now and will turn 21 this season

Exactly.

But of course Clark should be flying by now! What AG/MM are doing is ridiculous! :mad:

1) how old is tom welling there is no way he wa 14 in series 1 even if clark was

2) i think the no flying keeps it more real it keeps it as a comic book being drama rather than the other way round which i see as a good thing

I think Tom Welling was 14 for the first 1/4 of the first season. I was watching an episode from the season a few weeks ago and he can definatly pass as 14...

Besides, if you were thinking, "Hey, how come he is so muscley, yet so young?!", Well he is Superman!

I can see them wanting to save the flying thing for the end of the series... which is why it is just WRONG for them to bring in "super skirt" and have HER flying circles around Clark. :mad:

And along those lines... I know this may sound sacrilegious...but I'm having trouble picturing our boy Clark in Smallville here (TW) in bright colored tights with his briefs wore over the top of them... He's just so cool.... and that costume looks better on a cartoon.

And I KNOW you comic book die-hards probably don't think so (so save the lectures)... but I can't be the only one who has thought that. May-be they can come up with a variation of Superman's costume that looks less like underwear... like they did with Green Arrow.

i agree the comicbook costume is a bit homo - erotic altho still would be quite cool LOL

May-be they can come up with a variation of Superman's costume that looks less like underwear... like they did with Green Arrow.

Yes, I'm thinking something to do with the logo, I mean I'm sure he would come up with the logo before the suit... Maybe he can get a tattoo or something :super: :oldrazz:

In the Man Of Steel Comics, one of them, at the end has Superman when he is an ADULT and his (Foster) Mother made the suit...

I can see them wanting to save the flying thing for the end of the series... which is why it is just WRONG for them to bring in "super skirt" and have HER flying circles around Clark. :mad:

And along those lines... I know this may sound sacrilegious...but I'm having trouble picturing our boy Clark in Smallville here (TW) in bright colored tights with his briefs wore over the top of them... He's just so cool.... and that costume looks better on a cartoon.

And I KNOW you comic book die-hards probably don't think so (so save the lectures)... but I can't be the only one who has thought that. May-be they can come up with a variation of Superman's costume that looks less like underwear... like they did with Green Arrow.

This is one of my biggest gripes about this version of Clark Kent, they made him too damn cool as a teenager. It's really hard to picture him as The Bumbling Mlid Mannered Reporter : Clark Kent of The Daily Planet in the future .

I don't want any altareations made to the Classic suit Period . (I hated the suit in SR for that .)

Either keep it the classic way or don't show it at all . :cmad:

They are saving it for the last show, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Gough & Millar have long ago spoiled the epic moment Clark is able to achieve his flying powers. Flying lessons? Way to cheapen it G&M.

This is one of my biggest gripes about this version of Clark Kent, they made him too damn cool as a teenager. It's really hard to picture him as The Bumbling Mlid Mannered Reporter : Clark Kent of The Daily Planet in the future .

I don't want any altareations made to the Classic suit Period . (I hated the suit in SR for that .)

Either keep it the classic way or don't show it at all . :cmad:

I hope they don't show it at all, then.

about time someone mentioned this

its ******ed that its taken him this long
to barely even get flying lessons

Wow, a thread designed for endless whining. Fantastic. Can never get enough of those.

You know if by the end of the season he isn't flying fine. I will be pissed. It just seems ridiculous that he can't. Kara could fly with no problem and she never grew up on Earth. Clark flew as Kal-El and Bizarro. I think it just seems ridiculous that at 20 years old he still can't fly.

It's because of Clark's time on earth that he can't fly. He hasn't tried. He's obviously got his own reasons for that. He knows that as a Kryptonian he can fly. He just doesn't.

Of Coruse it's Absolutely Ridiculous . He's freaking 21 years old and he's still can't Fly. :mad:

In Every Other Incarnation at this point in his life , Clark discovers the power of Flight at the age of 17. And by now has mastered it .

So what? Since when has Smallville even attempted to follow the path of 'every other incarnation' of Superman. It's an original telling of a classic story. Personally, i'm glad they don't conform to everything you'd want to see. Because i've seen it. Countless times. We don't need another Adventures of Dean Cain, here.

:whatever:

True, the costume seems a bit silly. But no more silly than the outfit in the Spiderman movies, yet they pulled that off. It's not the clothes that make the man. There's no doubt in my mind that Welling could stand tall in the classic duds, and radiate pride, and strength, and confidence. It's all about how you sell it.

Yes, I'm thinking something to do with the logo, I mean I'm sure he would come up with the logo before the suit... Maybe he can get a tattoo or something :super: :oldrazz:

In the Man Of Steel Comics, one of them, at the end has Superman when he is an ADULT and his (Foster) Mother made the suit...

They Superman Crest has already been established on the show as the Seal of the House of El. It was on the medallion Clark used to defeat the phantoms, and even on Kara's bracelet. He has the symbol. It's just finding a way to put it to use.

With the way things are going, it doesn't look like Martha will be sewing the suit any time soon, which kinda makes me sad. That would be a great moment.

That's the thing about Clark Kent. It's a disguise... Used to make him seem inconspicuous.

You do realize Clark Kent doesn't need glasses, to see, right?

Wow, a thread designed for endless whining. Fantastic. Can never get enough of those.

I wouldn't say so. I think this topic is definitely valid. It is about damn time he flew. AlMiles are just being cheap asses with the budget.

That's the thing about Clark Kent. It's a disguise... Used to make him seem inconspicuous.

You do realize Clark Kent doesn't need glasses, to see, right?

I know that already .

Yes Clark was a Football star in smallville in the mythology . But he wasn't as cool as the writters made me in this series .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"