Clark not flying..Its just getting stupid....

Glad you could enjoy that show more, with the robots that could beat him up, even though he could withstand being hit by a car with ease.

What I liked about that show was the Lois/Clark/Superman thing... I thought the "powers" were rather poorly done in that show.

At least Clark/Superman actually flew in L&C. I only said they depicted Clark's powers somewhat accurately, it wasn't perfect. It could have been better. Same is the case with Smallville. Keep in mind that L&C had a pretty low budget compared to today's shows. For it's time, L&C was the shiznit! Now days with CG used everywhere, we expect more all the time. I do not recall the robots you are referring to.

I'm glad you liked the Lois/Clarke thing. I wonder how long you'd have to wait until we see them together it in Smallville. Then again, I wonder how long we'd have to wait to see Clark fly in Smallville. LOL

was anyone hoping in ''action'' that clark would stop in mid air while holding lana?

was anyone hoping in ''action'' that clark would stop in mid air while holding lana?

absolutely. I was on the edge of my seat thinking he was going to stop but no he just fell. the camera work made it look like a flying moment though

I know for a fact, I was definitly one of those viewers souting, COME ON @#$%ING FLY ALREADY!!!!!! Although, all of you are correct in what each are saying. That was a perfect oppertunity for Clark to fly with the love of his newly discovered life held tightly in his arms. The only problem that the writers and producers and every on this project knew was........WE WERE ALL EXPECTING CLARK TO FLY!!!! Therefore, Clark didn't fly.... They're going to have clark fly when we least expect it....

Now let's see a show of hands on how many of you agree!!!!!!

I agree, it'll peobably be something like the camera will slowly move in to Clark's barn where he is fast asleep, but then he shoots up into the air breaking the roof on the way up :razz: Then while he's still asleep, he falls all the way down into his bed which is now broken... Then he wakes up in the morning and goes "WHAT THE -!" Before he gets the chance to swear the ending credits start to role...

Seems I'm in the minority here... the scene played out like I thought it would... except I expected him to land on concrete - with a big bang.

Consequently... have you people given any thought how Lana's internal organs would be like after such a sudden stop? :D

Personally if clark wasnt going to fly he should at least do some hovering. This embracing your destiny thing is bs. He was clearly floating without any kryptonian knowledge back at the beginning. See no reason for him not to start floating.

Personally if clark wasnt going to fly he should at least do some hovering. This embracing your destiny thing is bs. He was clearly floating without any kryptonian knowledge back at the beginning. See no reason for him not to start floating.

He wasn't consciously floating.

He actually flew when he was asleep. Ended up in on the freeway or something, remember?

He wasn't consciously floating.

He actually flew when he was asleep. Ended up in on the freeway or something, remember?

Those were 2 separate occassions. Once he was dreaming about Lana. The other he was dreaming about the Caves and that stupid disc.

Those were 2 separate occassions. Once he was dreaming about Lana. The other he was dreaming about the Caves and that stupid disc.

Yes, that's true.

When he was dreaming of Lana, he was floating above his bed. (like I said, unconscious.)

What I was trying to say was that he actually flew, while he was sleeping, which was when he was dreaming of the caves. =)

I agree, it'll peobably be something like the camera will slowly move in to Clark's barn where he is fast asleep, but then he shoots up into the air breaking the roof on the way up :razz: Then while he's still asleep, he falls all the way down into his bed which is now broken... Then he wakes up in the morning and goes "WHAT THE -!" Before he gets the chance to swear the ending credits start to role...

You really think the SV staff could pull that off! Far to complicated for them....:o

They set up early on in the series that he was a little afraid of heights. I assume that now he has a better grasp of his limits, jumping off a building isn't so scary. At any rate, it is like a mental block that is keeping him grounded. What bothers me is that he has seen Kara fly and clearly knows that Krytonians can fly. So why isn't he trying to do it? What person wouldn't at least TRY to fly, if they knew they could?

Among others he "felt" like he was in control in the tornado. He's jumped high and in control before. It sure seemed like flying in the Christmas episode when he told Lana (the first time). When he was not himself he flew (it's in the opening credits), surely someone commented that to him. Bizarro flew. Zod flew. What does it take to get through his head that he can fly too?

The only thing stopping him from flight, the producers. I don't want graceful flight, just him exploring his limits. He didn't master vision stuff immediately.

And BTW, how would Lana's impact be any different whether she hit the ground in Clark's arms or not. The force needed to crush the car would have translated through his body and killed her. Calling Gwen Stacey.

They set up early on in the series that he was a little afraid of heights. I assume that now he has a better grasp of his limits, jumping off a building isn't so scary. At any rate, it is like a mental block that is keeping him grounded. What bothers me is that he has seen Kara fly and clearly knows that Krytonians can fly. So why isn't he trying to do it? What person wouldn't at least TRY to fly, if they knew they could?

Among others he "felt" like he was in control in the tornado. He's jumped high and in control before. It sure seemed like flying in the Christmas episode when he told Lana (the first time). When he was not himself he flew (it's in the opening credits), surely someone commented that to him. Bizarro flew. Zod flew. What does it take to get through his head that he can fly too?

The only thing stopping him from flight, the producers. I don't want graceful flight, just him exploring his limits. He didn't master vision stuff immediately.

And BTW, how would Lana's impact be any different whether she hit the ground in Clark's arms or not. The force needed to crush the car would have translated through his body and killed her. Calling Gwen Stacey.

He is like Neo from the Matrix. He knows he is in a virtual world and could download so much knowledge and skill into his head and also has the power to make the matrix work for him....But all he can do is fight and fly. WTF? SV Clark is an underachiver :(

"Martha: Clark you can fly?
Clark: Kal-El can fly. Clark Kent is still grounded."

I can't remember the exact quote, but yes. they definitely acknowledged his flight in Crusade.

Isn't it all the same for the show? I mean, it's not like he's slow or in some other way uncapable in getting where he wants to be.

Storywise flying isn't that important since most of the story factors are uncapable of flight. Yeah yeah, I know. Supes belongs to the sky, and it'll be cool and all. I'm just afraid that it does ill service to the already fragile storytelling if he can just fly outta danger or drop on unsuspecting enemies like a bomb.

I would however like to see Clark discover flying, but I'm not seeing him enjoying it like he might've in season 1 or 2 - as a boy who can fly might.

He knows he can fly... he's been defying gravity since the second episode in the series. He flew while he was dreaming in Rosetta, he flew as Kal-El in Crusade, his clone Bizarro can fly, his cousin can fly...

Sounds like he'd talked to Chloe about since she said, you need to get on that and he'd talked to Kara about it and said he didn't know why he couldn't fly.

He knows he has the physical ability to do it, it's how to control it that is the real problem.

In Action, he flew but it wasn't fully under his control, he accelerated down to Lana before holding onto her. He seemed to slow a bit too once they were looking at each other....

Maybe it's changing direction that is eluding him. He can accelerate (Action) and take off (Hidden, Reckoning, Crimson), all he needs to learn is how to change direction and maybe work on his landing skills (that SUV shouldn't have gotten crushed) and he'll finally get it.

I thought landing on the SUV was to soften the impact. If he'd landed directly onto the concrete then the force of the impact would have shocked through Lana's body with more intensity.

Anyway, I'm not really into all this when will he fly talk, he'll fly when he's ready, in my opinion and I'm okay with that.

I thought landing on the SUV was to soften the impact. If he'd landed directly onto the concrete then the force of the impact would have shocked through Lana's body with more intensity.

Anyway, I'm not really into all this when will he fly talk, he'll fly when he's ready, in my opinion and I'm okay with that.

Off topic but did you get settled back in? how are things out there today?

Clark fell at super speed .

this is flying

Off topic but did you get settled back in? how are things out there today?

I did thank you. :yay: Kids went back to school today and we've got quite alot of cloud cover today which is actually keeping the smoky smell away.

Chargers won their game yesterday in front of their home crowd and the Governor, so all is almost good again in San Diego town.

Oh, and I found out why our neighbourhood was saved. Where I live has only been established residentially for about 6 years, and when they were setting it all up, they set up water walls all around the perimeter. These water walls were activated when the fires came close to us. :up:

Kal-el8 said:
He fell at super speed .

If he only fell, then how did he turn around mid-fall.

I did thank you. :yay: Kids went back to school today and we've got quite alot of cloud cover today which is actually keeping the smoky smell away.

Chargers won their game yesterday in front of their home crowd and the Governor, so all is almost good again in San Diego town.

Oh, and I found out why our neighbourhood was saved. Where I live has only been established residentially for about 6 years, and when they were setting it all up, they set up water walls all around the perimeter. These water walls were activated when the fires came close to us. :up:

never heard of water walls before but i am definitly glad they were there:) but I am glad everything is going well.

this is flying

Even that Heroes clip fell into the bottomless pit of embarrassing at the end, where it looked like the typical flying where you have some material that you just throw into the distance and it's clear that nothing in it behaves like it would. The position is all wrong for that trajectory where they disappear far.

However, I liked the beginning a lot where they passed the clouds. It really did look like flying. West did hold Claire rather awkwardly, hanging her so that you'd think that even the slightest gust of wind mind knock her from his arms.

Clark fell at super speed .

That's not possible. He could jump, at super speed, but he can't fall, at super speed. He accelerated while falling, he wasn't running down the building. If he's not touching anything in the air, he's not using his super speed.

this is flying

that, is horrible. Words cannot describe my hatred for that scene, and I'm a heroes fan.

It's called "Control"

It's like he fell with super Jonathan out of LuthorCorp tower in "Exile" .

Re watch that scene. There's no control at all. They struggle in the air, until they both crash through the roof of a building, and into a transformer.

pulling Johnathan down, so that Clark was falling on top of him instead of vice versa, is not in any way, the same thing as what happened in action, where he righted himself in the air, without using another form of momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"