Days of Future Past Classic Professor X: The Patrick Stewart Thread

I have a feeling that the former X-stars will be playing a very small role in this movie, besides maybe one or two of them that will 'join' the FC cast in their movie journey. And that's how I want it as well.

with Daniel filming during a month... I think the future scenes wont be as small, but it doesnt mean it will be much more than 1 hour.

So I think 40-50 min of scenes for the future and all those characters wont be bad at all. A good director and crew can do wonders with 40 min.

Some dialogue scenes here and there and then EPIC action. Thats what the future should be about. and Singer and crew can do it with 40-50 min.

Probally the majority of future scenes are done.Maybe a little bit of solo green screen stuff remains.Halle may still have some to do when she reportly returns to Montreal.

Patrick's announcement that he's done may,and I stress the word may,only be In future scenes and doesn't time travel.

By same token If Ian Mckellen,Anna Paquin,and Ellen Page are spotted again In Montreal that's a tipoff they may be time traveling with Hugh Jackman.

It's withen the realm of possibilty the future scenes only take up 30 minutes of final film If the report of majority of film taking place In 1973 Is right.Now that doesn't mean
It will be 30 minutes In future and rest of film In 1973.The 30 minutes could be spread throughout the 2 hours like In Original comic.

And we still don't know the full extent of who Is going back In time.

I won't be surprised if Patrick Stewart doesn't have a lot of scenes. Like I said before, they would probably save him for special/critical moments of the film.

Anyways, back to my question. So what would his role be? Would they bring back for this movie to kill him off . . . Again? If he is not doing any action, will he be only be there to use cerebro?? Help me out fellas, what do you guys think?

After killing him off in TLS it would be stupid to kill him off again, so he is there so his relationship with magneto is explored

TLS already shown he is alive at the end, singer will probably keep to that

This is the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqY2NTM_0o

He says his work is done. But later he says he guess they will be back on August or so.

they may have filmed alot of stuff infront of green screen seeing as there was such a big cast and many had commitments else where

not that it means he will have more screentime then we thought but it means they may space out his screen time maybe.. possibly

Last edited:
I think this confirms that there will be more filming in August with the OT cast?

I think this confirms that there will be more filming in August with the OT cast?

i think august is more post production stuff, voice over stuff and little things like that

after all patrick said he was done filming and didn't sound 100% certain about august

and actually when you think about it... marsden rumor was a while ago.. so probably all the OT stuff is done :oldrazz:

Last edited:
i think august is more post production stuff, voice over stuff and little things like that

after all patrick said he was done filming and didn't sound 100% certain about august

and actually when you think about it... marsden rumor was a while ago.. so probably all the OT stuff is done :oldrazz:

post production stuff doesn't happen until after principal photography, which is production. And PP doesn't end until October. Also don't forget actors like Halle berry, Anna Paquin and Shawn Ashmore, who I believe is currently taking a break from filming in Montreal are all expected to return to film. My guess is that filming for them may commence in August as Patrick suggested.

i believe jackman finishes filming in august

which i dunno if thats a good thing or bad thing

but patrick in the video does say his time infront of the camera is over but still will have to do some ADR, but something else he says is the film is carrying on right now without almost all of the OT

Last edited:
He makes no indication that he'll be back to film in August. He's just assuming that's when filming wraps (we know that it's actually sometime in October).

Also, hope that interview stops people from freaking out over Berry and Paquin.

Also, hope that interview stops people from freaking out over Berry and Paquin.

Stop freaking out about what?

It indicates very little to me

Last edited:
Well in that case, continue to freak out.

Maybe the xmen are trying to get Xavier to cerebro so he can communicate with Wolverine in the 70's like in wolverine and the xmen. So maybe his role is to use cerebro, while the xmen protect him from sentinels, . . . Maybe??

I can't watch the interview. What does he say about Berry and Paquin?

Maybe the xmen are trying to get Xavier to cerebro so he can communicate with Wolverine in the 70's like in wolverine and the xmen. So maybe his role is to use cerebro, while the xmen protect him from sentinels, . . . Maybe??

The film deals with his relationship with magneto also and is the major reason he is there I'm guessing

I can't watch the interview. What does he say about Berry and Paquin?

He says he has finished filming after 4 and a half weeks and apart from going back to do ADR, Additional Dialogue Recording, (for his over credits narration I guess) he is done working on X-Men. He says he was happy to unite with his past castmembers and crew members, esp, Berry, Paquin, Mckellen, Jackman and Singer and Tom Sigel. (the cinematographer)

He said it was difficult for the production as there a re many 'leading actors' in this film and that scheduling them all was hard, He names Anna Paquin, Ian Mckellen and Halle Berry as well as himself as having other commitments and so could not stay long. He basically implies that all those actors will be returning to do more filming, (at least that's what I got from it). He mentions that they'd be filming by August, I think he thinks that's when the production ends.

At the end he says that he thinks X-Men: Days of Future Past will be the blockbuster movie of 2014. With all modesty of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"