Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

I see puberty went to town on Kenny. I did NOT recognize Dallas Young.

Well goddamn. They're going out with a bang.

So if we’re getting Part 2 in November, I’ll guess we’ll get part 3 in March/April, plus the movie with Macchio/Chan in May 2025!

What a great time to be a Karate Kid/Cobra Kai fan!
Hell yeah! Can't wait

Any predictions that the finale will tie into the movie, if even loosely with Daniel hinting training some new kid.

How long is each episode? The early seasons were just 20 minutes each. If it's only 5 episodes, that means we'd get the equivalent of about 2 and a half episodes of a normal show in each part. I would prefer the episodes are longer if they're going to split them down like this.

I know why they're doing it this way... they know that there are thousands of people, like me, that were only planning to subscribe to Netflix for one month, just to see the final season... now I/we have to pay them 3x the amount. Lol

If the typical schedule for the last two seasons holds, with 2 to 3 months of filming and another few months of post production, we could get season six as early as this Summer. And with the success of Stranger Things season five in summer 2022, I could definitely see them banking on that.

As a matter of fact, reading that tweet, it makes me wonder if they’re going to pull a Stranger Things season five and split up the season. Release the first eight episodes in one month, and release the last two episodes the month later as a special finale event. As much as some people didn’t like how they did that, from a marketing perspective, it did work wonders, so it could definitely work for this, as popular as it is.
I’m sorry. :waa:

**** you Netflix and your stupid 3 part event.

Look forward to it, but its bull****.
Yeah I hate this... I would've been fine with the Arcane release schedule, 3 new episodes a week.

I get why they're doing it, but I don't know if Cobra Kai is big enough to release it like this while not losing viewers. Especially with their "short" 25 minute episodes.

Yeah I hate this... I would've been fine with the Arcane release schedule, 3 new episodes a week.

I get why they're doing it, but I don't know if Cobra Kai is big enough to release it like this while not losing viewers. Especially with their "short" 25 minute episodes.

To be fair the episodes were getting longer in season 5. There were a number over 30 mins and some over 40 mins.

This show works so well with shorter episodes, that I disagree they all need to be longer.

What really sunk Ted Lasso Season 3 was going that route and stretching out the tightness of the first two seasons.

40 minutes is fine here and there, but anything longer would be a mistake for a show like this.

**** you Netflix and your stupid 3 part event.

Look forward to it, but its bull****.
*Insert Larry David "F*** you and I'll see you tomorrow!" GIF*

I'm the same way. Looking forward to it but it's such a cheap move from them and I have a feeling they'll attempt the same trick with the final season of Stranger Things too.

This show works so well with shorter episodes, that I disagree they all need to be longer.

What really sunk Ted Lasso Season 3 was going that route and stretching out the tightness of the first two seasons.

40 minutes is fine here and there, but anything longer would be a mistake for a show like this.

But in 40 minutes you could fit in the same content of two 20 minute episodes. Instead of having it end at 20 minutes, which can feel like it's half way through and has barely gotten going, it can feel more complete at 40. And then if they're all 40 we get more content overall. It's not like there are so many 40 or 43 minute episodes on network TV that feel drawn out and having filler content.

I'm not talking about having 50 minute episodes like in the MCU series (or Marvel Netflix series) where it takes so long to get going and does feel padded out. 40 minutes of a Cobra Kai episode that is paced the same as two 20 minute episodes joined together isn't going to feel like it's drawn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"