Community - Part 3

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSovereignty

DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

maybe now he can finally get on those karate dog sequels I've been waiting for.

2. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

Losing Chevy is fine by me. Pierce was funny, but Chase was a dick and was a distraction.He didn't appreciate what he had and he wasn't the greatest part of the show anyway.

3. DrDoom

DrDoom Dictator

1 down, 1 to go.

Counting down to when Chang is cut

4. Harry_Lime02

Harry_Lime02 This is the girl

I'm just shocked Chevy lasted this long, more than anything.

Pierce was good for the first 2 seasons but became a bit pointless in season 3 once he stopped being the villain. I think it's pretty obvious this is gonna be the last season anyway, so this announcement doesn't really mean much.

5. WolfCypher

I still wonder how much of that Chase/Harmon feud was enticed by Chase. With what we know now, it seems likely Chase created the initial rift between him and Harmon, but before the speculation was that Harmon was difficult and started the feud.

6. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

The only reason they might bring it back is for syndication purposes (Community will be at 84 episodes this season, another 16 and they will be at 100 which isn't as huge for syndication as it once was, but can certainly up the show's value). But the thing is, Community isn't owned by NBC. It is owned by Sony. They don't benefit from it hitting 100. So Sony would have to basically have to let NBC air the show for free to keep it on the air for another 16 episodes, I think. It is possible....but I have my doubts. With most of their shows failing and both The Office and 30 Rock leaving, I think NBC is going to probably try a major overhaul next year. Hell, if not for the fact that Parks and Rec is actually owned by NBC and on the verge of 100, I could see them even getting rid of that. I think NBC is going to try an almost entirely new lineup with a complete rebrand next season.

7. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

It really doesn't matter. I don't doubt that Chase was difficult, the fact is Harmon should've been above it. He is the show runner, the boss. He shouldn't be creating a hostile work environment by leading a "**** you," chant to an employee at a company party (in front of the employee's family no less). He shouldn't be mocking his employee in standup comedy clubs. These are just things that the boss shouldn't be doing. He is held to a higher standard as a boss and he failed to meet that standard. Hell, he didn't only fail....he totally bombed at it.

Once again, I don't doubt that Chase is a prick. But frankly, the whole internet community that has embraced Harmon is overlooking one key part of this story....Harmon sounds like a total prick as well.

8. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Agreed

9. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

The most sensible post I've seen regarding Chevy. Its weird how people are hoo raying when he's basically gonna be there until the end. The only people who benefit from this are the cast and crew he was in conflict with.

10. LostSon88

LostSon88 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's not a big deal. The series is likely over and he's in 11 of the final 13 shows.

People won't even notice that he 'left' the show.

11. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

You guys are pronouncing this show dead right and left. We don't know that that's the case. Honestly, I can't see them letting him go so close to the end of the season, if they thought they had no future. Why not just stick it out two more episodes?

12. John Locke

John Locke One is Dark One is Light

Maybe Chevy didn't want to stick it out.

13. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

But he's been stirring **** up all season. Shoot, he's been stirring **** for the past three years, probably. I don't see why he'd be like "These last two episodes... I can't do it. I just CAN'T!"

There has to at least be a possibility in their minds that there could be future seasons.

14. RedIsNotBlue

RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

1. This season is going be considerably shorter than any other previous season.

2. It got pushed back to a later start date.

3. It was supposed to be airing on a different day and time.

4. It has gotten good ratings...but not amazing.

5. A lot of the creative team has departed and now Chase.

What suggests that it will be coming back for another season? It seems as more time passes there is nothing but more negative news concerning this show.

15. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Part of me still thinks this is all just a marketing ploy.

16. LostSon88

LostSon88 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Based on all of NBCs moves thus far, there is nothing that would suggest that they are even remotely interested in continuing the series.

It's been the exact opposite.

Frankly, I'm thankful NBC was willing to stretch it out to 3 1/2 seasons. I wish there would be more but 80+ episodes is nothing to scoff at.

17. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

Also some key cast members are trying out new pilots this season.

18. O'Haire

O'Haire Awesome

19. tek

tek Well-Known Member

could not care less about the politics of the show but i enjoyed the comedy of pierce the most from the show. His character created good material for the others, so if the show did continue it would suffer from his absence

20. S. Grundy

S. Grundy Well-Known Member

Didn't they announce this was the last season?

21. RedIsNotBlue

RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

No. As far as I know they haven't said anything concerning the future of Community after this season.

22. CrypticOne

CrypticOne Poetic Violence

They should just cancel the show then. I hate when creative leaves. Hopefully this is gonna be their last season.

23. El Hombre Gato

El Hombre Gato Well-Known Member

I've read that they filmed the finale before Chevy left. So things might not be so black and white. Maybe they'll give Pierce a proper exit.

The show was supposed to air on Friday, but it will remain on Thursday. NBC is definitely interested in the show..... but as a filler. 30 Rock will be over soon. The Office will be done by the end of the season. They need a safety net. The day Community gets cancelled is the day NBC has four successful sitcoms on Thursday nights.

24. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

25. DarkSovereignty

DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

watch the show goes really dark in the last 5 minutes and they're all in car crash or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.