Community - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I really can't imagine any scenario down the road where a casting director/producer/whatever looks at a script and goes "You know what this needs? Chevy Chase." His moderate talent isn't enough to offset his massive ego and disrespectful attitude.

Enjoy the direct-to-DVD "comedy" world, Chevy. If they'll have you.

maybe now he can finally get on those karate dog sequels I've been waiting for.

Losing Chevy is fine by me. Pierce was funny, but Chase was a dick and was a distraction.He didn't appreciate what he had and he wasn't the greatest part of the show anyway.

1 down, 1 to go.

Counting down to when Chang is cut

I'm just shocked Chevy lasted this long, more than anything.

Pierce was good for the first 2 seasons but became a bit pointless in season 3 once he stopped being the villain. I think it's pretty obvious this is gonna be the last season anyway, so this announcement doesn't really mean much.

I still wonder how much of that Chase/Harmon feud was enticed by Chase. With what we know now, it seems likely Chase created the initial rift between him and Harmon, but before the speculation was that Harmon was difficult and started the feud.

I agree about Pierce. I think the show can still be strong without him, but whether it gets the chance to be is anyone's question. If it was any other channel, I say this show is over, but its NBC, the same show that let low rated Chuck run its course and like Chuck, the situation is similar in that NBc has no viable long term replacements for sitcoms. In fact, I think it's worse than the situation Chuck was in.

The only reason they might bring it back is for syndication purposes (Community will be at 84 episodes this season, another 16 and they will be at 100 which isn't as huge for syndication as it once was, but can certainly up the show's value). But the thing is, Community isn't owned by NBC. It is owned by Sony. They don't benefit from it hitting 100. So Sony would have to basically have to let NBC air the show for free to keep it on the air for another 16 episodes, I think. It is possible....but I have my doubts. With most of their shows failing and both The Office and 30 Rock leaving, I think NBC is going to probably try a major overhaul next year. Hell, if not for the fact that Parks and Rec is actually owned by NBC and on the verge of 100, I could see them even getting rid of that. I think NBC is going to try an almost entirely new lineup with a complete rebrand next season.

I still wonder how much of that Chase/Harmon feud was enticed by Chase. With what we know now, it seems likely Chase created the initial rift between him and Harmon, but before the speculation was that Harmon was difficult and started the feud.

It really doesn't matter. I don't doubt that Chase was difficult, the fact is Harmon should've been above it. He is the show runner, the boss. He shouldn't be creating a hostile work environment by leading a "**** you," chant to an employee at a company party (in front of the employee's family no less). He shouldn't be mocking his employee in standup comedy clubs. These are just things that the boss shouldn't be doing. He is held to a higher standard as a boss and he failed to meet that standard. Hell, he didn't only fail....he totally bombed at it.

Once again, I don't doubt that Chase is a prick. But frankly, the whole internet community that has embraced Harmon is overlooking one key part of this story....Harmon sounds like a total prick as well.

Once again, I don't doubt that Chase is a prick. But frankly, the whole internet community that has embraced Harmon is overlooking one key part of this story....Harmon sounds like a total prick as well.

Agreed

Anybody who says that Chevy wasn't funny on the show is lost. He was funny, he's a funny guy. The fact that he was a massive d-bag skews your vision. He was disruptive to the rest of the cast and had to go, sure.....but to say he wasn't even funny on the show.....? You must have not been paying attention.

It's a moot point anyway, the show is likely done after this season. The 2 episodes that he's not in are probable mixed into the season. It will probably seem like he's there to the end. They could have filmed the season finale already for all we know just to hasten his exit.

The most sensible post I've seen regarding Chevy. Its weird how people are hoo raying when he's basically gonna be there until the end. The only people who benefit from this are the cast and crew he was in conflict with.

Yeah. It's not a big deal. The series is likely over and he's in 11 of the final 13 shows.

People won't even notice that he 'left' the show.

You guys are pronouncing this show dead right and left. We don't know that that's the case. Honestly, I can't see them letting him go so close to the end of the season, if they thought they had no future. Why not just stick it out two more episodes?

Maybe Chevy didn't want to stick it out.

But he's been stirring **** up all season. Shoot, he's been stirring **** for the past three years, probably. I don't see why he'd be like "These last two episodes... I can't do it. I just CAN'T!"

There has to at least be a possibility in their minds that there could be future seasons.

You guys are pronouncing this show dead right and left. We don't know that that's the case.

1. This season is going be considerably shorter than any other previous season.

2. It got pushed back to a later start date.

3. It was supposed to be airing on a different day and time.

4. It has gotten good ratings...but not amazing.

5. A lot of the creative team has departed and now Chase.

What suggests that it will be coming back for another season? It seems as more time passes there is nothing but more negative news concerning this show.

Part of me still thinks this is all just a marketing ploy.

What suggests that it will be coming back for another season? It seems as more time passes there is nothing but more negative news concerning this show.

Exactly.

Based on all of NBCs moves thus far, there is nothing that would suggest that they are even remotely interested in continuing the series.

It's been the exact opposite.

Frankly, I'm thankful NBC was willing to stretch it out to 3 1/2 seasons. I wish there would be more but 80+ episodes is nothing to scoff at.

Also some key cast members are trying out new pilots this season.

5Al1X.jpg

could not care less about the politics of the show but i enjoyed the comedy of pierce the most from the show. His character created good material for the others, so if the show did continue it would suffer from his absence

Didn't they announce this was the last season?

They should just cancel the show then. I hate when creative leaves. Hopefully this is gonna be their last season.

I don't see why he'd be like "These last two episodes... I can't do it. I just CAN'T!"

I've read that they filmed the finale before Chevy left. So things might not be so black and white. Maybe they'll give Pierce a proper exit.

Based on all of NBCs moves thus far, there is nothing that would suggest that they are even remotely interested in continuing the series.

The show was supposed to air on Friday, but it will remain on Thursday. NBC is definitely interested in the show..... but as a filler. 30 Rock will be over soon. The Office will be done by the end of the season. They need a safety net. The day Community gets cancelled is the day NBC has four successful sitcoms on Thursday nights.

watch the show goes really dark in the last 5 minutes and they're all in car crash or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"