True Blood - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we're making love triangles centering around minor supporting characters that nobody cares about in the first place.

I want the ifrit to get into a love triangle with Hoyt and the Inuit turtle demon.

Question: Is it too early for True Blood scoop? I could use some hot Bon Temps news in my snow-filled life! —Jenna
Ausiello: Is there life after love for poor widow Arlene? My guess is mmmhmmm after reading a new Season 7 breakdown for the recurring role of Keith, a romantic vampire who moonlights (get it?) as a drummer in James’ (Luke Grimes Nathan Parsons) band and who takes an instant liking to a certain grieving waitress. Now I have a Q for you, Jenna — did we know that NuJames had a band?!?!

http://tvline.com/2014/02/18/castle-season-6-that-70s-show-flashback-kate-rick-spoilers/

The Final season does not have time for this B.S.!:cmad:

The only ending that will make me happy is if everyone, and I mean everyone, is killed in the last scene of the series. I'm so sick of this convoluted overpacked, guilty pleasure (pleasure isn't the right word) that I just want them all to die in some hilarious way. Like they win some epic fight against evil and then something unexpected kills them all smash cut to credits with an obnoxious cover of a classic song playing over the credits.

Last edited:
The show really lost itself after the 4th season, maybe even the 3rd really?

The third was the start of a slippery slope, but still plenty enjoyable. The fourth is where **** started getting pretty ugh-worthy. Though, truth be told, I enjoyed that season too. It was only last season where it got to the point where I was just like "You know what? I think I'm done here." I stopped halfway through and didn't even care.

Thing is if they would have just followed the damn books it could have still been ****ing awesome. Waste of Potential.

The third was the start of a slippery slope, but still plenty enjoyable. The fourth is where **** started getting pretty ugh-worthy. Though, truth be told, I enjoyed that season too. It was only last season where it got to the point where I was just like "You know what? I think I'm done here." I stopped halfway through and didn't even care.

I felt that way about season 5, but I found season 6 to be good in the end. Those two seasons mirrored each other so oddly. 5 started out well and went to garbage, and 6 started out garbage (I feel like the first episode of season 6 was the worst episode of the series) but turned out pretty well.

I actually enjoyed Season 3 quite a bit, though a lot of that had to do with Russell Edgington.

Season 4 was the beginning of the downfall for me, though it still had good parts. Like Sawyer said, Season 5 was where I officially stopped caring. And Season 6 was just continuing the downward spiral.

They made such a waste out of Russell's return, his death was as anti-climactic as possible, The Authority was boring and a major letdown after how ominous and all-powerful they made them seem in previous seasons, Lillith/Billith was made a huge deal out of and then just fizzled, and Salome was extremely lame and boring.

Last season was just a kooky hot mess. No one gives a **** about Arlene, Terry, and the thousand other boring minor characters they waste so much time and convoluted storylines on, they made Alcide into too big of a "thing", Sam has been boring since like the first season, and the whole thing is just an overdose of ridiculous love triangle soap opera from every direction. The only halfway entertaining parts last season were the ones where it got so campy and ridiculous that it was fun in a hot mess kind of way, like Sarah Newlin chasing the Japanese True Blood CEO down and bludgeoning her to death with her shoe. That was hilarious. Probably the most ridiculously over-the-top scene in the entire series, but more entertaining than most of what happened the rest of the season.

When I think of season 5 I just remember those boring scenes in the dull grey conference room of the Authority, and "Praise Lilith".

Yup. Salome slinking around being the dullest "femme fatale" ever, and Russell being completely wasted just sitting around rolling his eyes at these boring blowhards.

Sarah trying to snap that woman's neck was so good. TV/movies always make it look so easy, and poor Sarah just couldn't do it.

Sarah watched too much TV. She looked so surprised/disappointed.

Riley Smith is moving from Beverly Hills to Bon Temps.

The actor, who recurred as Riley Wallace on the final season of 90210, has joined the seventh season of True Blood, Deadline.com reports.

Smith will play Keith, a sexy, rock 'n' roll vampire with a romantic side. Keith plays drums in James' band and becomes immediately smitten with Arlene (Carrie Preston). But will she be receptive given her recent widowhood and his, well, vampy-ness?

Smith will next appear in the Lifetime TV movie Deliverance Creek from Nicholas Sparks. True Blood's final season premieres this summer on HBO.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/True-Blood-Riley-Smith-1078378.aspx

Any news on the new villains/Big Bad of True Blood Season 7? —Tom
Who needs a new Big Bad when you’ve still got Anna Camp’s Sarah Newlin hanging around wreaking havoc at every turn? And in the show’s seventh and final season, we’ll be introduced to the vampire exterminator’s Texas socialite parents and angry, bitter, gothed-out sister. (Fun fact: Sarah’s spot-on maiden name? Crabtree!) While mom and dad will appear in just one episode, Sarah’s sis, Amber, will be staying put for an arc — an extremely juicy, twisty, this-will-explain-a-lot-about-why-Sarah-is-the-way-she-is arc.

http://tvline.com/2014/02/28/castle-1970s-episode-spoilers-blue-bloods-beauty-and-beast/#more-497068

EXCLUSIVE: After recurring on HBO’s True Blood for the past six seasons, Tara Buck has been upped to a regular for the vampire drama’s upcoming seventh and final season. Buck made her debut as everyone’s favorite blood-serving barmaid gingerGinger in the second half of Season 1 and has been a fixture on the show ever since. Buck, repped by Don Buchwald & Assoc. and Untitled, also has recurred on Justified and Nip/Tuck.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/true-blood-promotes-tara-buck-to-regular/

Because if there's any character on this show that requires extra screen time in it's final hour... it has to be Ginger. :dry:

Ginger should have been killed years ago. She didn't even make it past book 4...

Because if there's any character on this show that requires extra screen time in it's final hour... it has to be Ginger. :dry:

This upcoming season sounds like the worst yet.

I wanna say it can't be worst than last season but True Blood never disappoints in the disappointment department

I hope HBO is mulling over a possible True Blood/True Detective cross over? they both take place in Louisiana too, now wouldn't that be something?

Question: Will we meet any new villains during True Blood‘s final season? —Tom
Ausiello: Funny you should ask. Last week, the show put out a casting call for the cryptic-sounding menace, “The Figure.” He’s described as “scary, hulking, ugly, mean and crafty… like Leatherface or Jason Voorhees, but this guy talks.” Curiously, this Figure dude will appear in the season premiere — an episode that (presumably) finished shooting more than two months ago.

http://tvline.com/2014/03/26/the-good-wife-season-6-spoilers-alicia-finn-romance/

The show really lost itself after the 4th season, maybe even the 3rd really?
Well I totally agree, but I watched until now, so I will give the last season a chance, when I'm bored, I'll watch it. But I'm not really excited for it and judging from what I read about it, it's an even bigger turn off. I lost hope for the show redeeming itself after season 4 to be honest. Too many annoying characters without interesting stories have been kept and some of the good ones have been quickly killed.

Question: Do you know if we’re going to meet any of the beloved but sadly departed characters of the past on True Blood‘s final season? If not, do you have any other scoops? —Kenn
Ausiello: No word yet on any Nights of the Living Dead, but I can tell you that we’re getting what sounds like a new Big Bad in Mr. Gus. Though he’s a Japanese businessman, he’s apparently been so Americanized that he’d make J.R. Ewing seem Asian. (By which we mean he rocks a 10-gallon hat and speaks with a drawl.) Oh, and thanks to a business back-stab, he’s got a thirst for vengeance that’s described as “infinite.” So, while he’ll appear to be middle-aged, I have a hunch he’s immortal.

http://tvline.com/2014/04/15/reign-season-2-spoilers-mary-francis/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"