Days of Future Past Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Kitty looks adorable in that image (Ellen doesn't look like she's aged a day since X3, wow). Bobby with a beard is surprisingly cool, although I wonder if it falls off when he ices up.
:huh: His hair on his head doesnt so why would his beard?

It's been said in the comics that Iceman is indeed an Omega level Mutant, but that his personality constantly keeps him from reaching his full potential. Maybe Sentinels killing Mutants left and right will get his attention

Though the Iceman in the movies is different to the Iceman in the comics.
True, it took him forever to learn how to fully ice up

I hope they get Iceman right in the DoFP I always liked him from the comics as he seemed cocky and arrogant younster but in the films he never seemed that way, far too laid back and quiet for me.

We shall see I guess.

I liked Bobby in the films. He was fun without being a *****e, plus he was just a nice guy.

You mean an Iceman and a Jimmy Olsen. :woot:

It's kinda funny that Shawn was on the earlier seasons of Smallville and then Aaron joined the show later on, and he almost got frozen to death in one episode :oldrazz:

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/shawn-ashmore-promises-more-action-for-iceman-in-days-of-future-past-158256

I can’t say too much, but I can honestly say I walked in on the first day of shooting and the sets were ten times bigger than anything we did in the first three movies. The cast is amazing. The stuff that I got to do, personally, I’d been wanting action-wise to have Bobby be able to do [some action scenes.] I love it. [...] It almost feels like a family reunion. We have Bryan Singer back who is probably the only person I trust to tell this story. I trust him with Days Of Future Past and I’m really stoked and I think you guys will love it.

Don't know if this has ever been posted

Last edited:
two words: Ice slides

:awesome:

Every time I think of Iceman and ice slides it brings to mind the old Spiderman cartoon with Iceman and Firestar where there were regular ice slides used.

I hope if they're used on-screen they look good and not stupid. They potentially could look a bit ridiculous if not done right. If they're done at all.

Yeah the ice slide could look really cartoonish and over the top.

I also want to see him throws ice of shards!

Ashmore's comments are VERY promising! :awesome:
Eh, it sounds like the same sort of thing we always hear from actors in these types of franchises. Everyone always claims that this is the best one yet and that their character got to do soooo much.

I do think that he could get a chance to shine a bit though, since it looks like Iceman, Magneto and Rogue might have their own little action-packed sequence.

I'd like to see Iceman use his powers really creatively this time around. Something we haven't seen before. One of my favorite little bits in FC was Emma Frost carving a hole the two-way mirror. Sometimes little, novel, ways for characters to use their powers are more interesting IMO.

But Ashmore's talking about the sets and how his character does stuff, which isn't quite the same as "This is the best one yet". His comments are more objective.

Plus, you don't hear many actors saying something as bold as "He's pretty much the only one who can get this right".

But Ashmore's talking about the sets and how his character does stuff, which isn't quite the same as "This is the best one yet". His comments are more objective.

Plus, you don't hear many actors saying something as bold as "He's pretty much the only one who can get this right".

Yes, very promising. Even if there weren't ice slides, there'll probably be something else impressive. Also, I'd like him to at least once knock someone out with an ice fist.

Saw your signature. What the hell did Whedon say about those movies? Getting angry already.

Saw your signature. What the hell did Whedon say about those movies? Getting angry already.

ToD
ESB

He can go f**k himself, as far as I'm concerned.

And, to remain on-topic, an ice slide can be done in a cool, non-ridiculous way. I liked him icing up in X3, but it was underwhelming in the long run.

ToD
ESB

And, to remain on-topic, an ice slide can be done in a cool, non-ridiculous way. I liked him icing up in X3, but it was underwhelming in the long run.

Damn. I actually loved ToD's "no gun"-scene and liked how ESB ended, it didn't force me into anything. I like Firefly, Serenity and Avengers, but he's certainly not a f****ng genius. Avengers2 better not suck.

...and to remain on-topic on my part too, yes, I don't doubt that it's possible to make a cool, fitting ice slide. My favorite iceman moment is possibly when he puts up the wall in X2. hnngh, we really need him to do something more and break some skulls.

Sentinel skulls!

They can use the slide when Bobby (and possibly someone else) falls from a great height and uses it to not only save himself, but to actually get back on his feet (so to speak) and make a badass comeback.

This film will be leagues ahead of the OT in terms of action I think. Bigger set-pieces are just much cheaper to do now, and the budget for this seems like it will dwarf what Singer had to work with before. I'm expecting some big things, and I can't think of anyone better for unique set-pieces than Singer.

In short, Ice-slides baby.

ToD
ESB

I was expecting something heinous, but his comments really aren't that bad. I've read before how much he loved ESB anyway.

Excellent!

I hope this means:

1) him fully iced up (more like my avatar than the X3 style) during all combat and also stays iced up for say 5/10 mins after. Looks great when he's just walking around like that during normal scenes (in the comics at least)

2) ice slides as his method of movement during combat and non-combat scenes (ie just getting somewhere fast)

3) regular use of good ranged ice attacks & ice melee weapons

4) freezing an enemy in place :woot:

chances are he will only be in ice form during combat, i don't think ice form will count strongly as Ashmores face time, esp if they replicate this look

shawn-ashmore-iceman.jpg

But that's how would look frozen costume.
Can't imagine frozen black costume as white ice.

He's just starting to frost over a bit. That should just be the start of the transofrmation. ;)

Tbh singer may wanna stick to that look from X3 ice form, just because something looks a certain way in the comic doesn't mean it will translate that way in a movie

You have to think of the factors

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"