Could Nolan's batman movies be seen as unofficially canon to the DCCU?

I say yes because that was the original rumored intent of the WB when they wanted BvS. Once again rumor has it they (WB) originally wanted Bale back and was going to use Bale's Batman and history for that movie which is why you have the older Batman. However Nolan and Snyder said no to it. But if you really look at it in a way you could use the history of those movies as a prequel for MOS & BvS because it does fit in that world with the style and writing.

No. Snyder himself said it was shot down while BvS was in early stages and that he understood it would kind of take away from Nolan's ending I believe he said in so many ways recently.

That being said, pullback revisionism happens all the time maybe some future creator will have it be in terms of the context of their future creative attempt but in terms of the context of the time and place these were made it truly is stand-alone.

The ending of the film I also think it seems is meant to be semi-ambiguous leaving little earlier hints that Bruce did survive and has been able to move on with his life living a dream in this iteration of the character (although a bit of doubt is meant to be had on this as well). It was Nolan's attempt at being poetic after striving to intertwine some of the thematic aspects of A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens into TDKR. Did it work is besides the point but yeah I think this is a trilogy by itself with future possibility within this fictional story only meant to be pondered.

Last edited:
Here are a few articles from 2013 reporting the Bale returning as Batman in a MOS 2 or a JLA film .

Christian Bale 'could get $50m' to reprise Batman role in Man of Steel 2

Christian Bale won't be Batman in 'Justice League' movie | CNN

Christian Bale may return as Batman in Justice League movie

I actually remember it being a polarizing issue in fandom, albeit briefly since it wasn't long before it was confirmed Bale wouldn't be returning.

I also remember the rumors that John Blake's Batman would be the DCEU Batman if Bale turned down the role.

That wouldn't have made it either, and that didn't get much traction with many fans.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt tipped to play Batman in Justice League

'Dark Knight' Star Joseph Gordon-Levitt Denies 'Man Of Steel' Cameo Rumor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"