Could Nolan's batman movies be seen as unofficially canon to the DCCU?

nolan's batman films = DC too. so they are official, they're cinematic batman films, as will be bvs and all batflecks, and my OP explains how the continuity of nolan's movies don't inherently contradict what's happened in the DCCU thus far, hence, unofficial canon.
what's that got to do with anything?

I'm not sure what to say to this. I guess let's wait and see if there are any overt contradictions between the two continuities. I mean, if the Nolanverse doesn't conflict with the current DCEU continuity, that will be great. I just would not expect it.

I sincerely think it's an interesting concept, though.

what he was explaining to you is that it's been established the the DCCU is separate from nolan's movies long before ben affleck commented on them.

I know. Still feel Affleck's comments on it shed more light on the subject, though.

I know. Still feel Affleck's comments on it shed more light on the subject, though.
he was just regurgitating what was said many times before. the light was shed on it as soon as he was cast, pretty much.

Nolan's Waynes were shot outside an Opera, Snyder's Waynes were shot outside the Mark of Zorro. That's the only contradiction so far.

Nolan's Waynes were shot outside an Opera, Snyder's Waynes were shot outside the Mark of Zorro. That's the only contradiction so far.
BvS Thomas wayne also had a moustache!

i'm of the opinion that they didn't even need to show bruce's parents' death, but the other contradiction is that robin's name in the old films is literally robin, and many people are saying the dead robin in the new one is jason todd.

I think you can be nice and say that any linkage of universes is insane.
Baleman had his entire crime fighting career captured on film, Batfleck has 20 years of implied history, Baleman gets slowed by dogs and wears heavy armor, Batfleck wears more clothlike armor and takes on Superman, Baleman was sympathetic, and didn't brutalize those he didn't have to. Batfleck BRANDS criminals with a hot iron.

Alfred has a different actor. Baleman has no robin (John Blake doesn't count), Batfleck's Robin died.

Two totally different Batmen, though Batfleck seems to be resembling the comics more.

wait wait... Where did I miss that Batfleck is branding criminals with a hot iron? Holy crap.

And guys, let's ignore this thread. The OP is clearly trolling.

giphy.gif

There was a discussion here about how sometimes, the 2003 hulk could be seen and referenced as unofficially canon to the mcu, and tih being an unofficial sequel to it. I don't remember everything from each but if the events don't contradict each other, then aside from the fact that 2003 hulk isn't referenced at all in the MCU, is there anything wrong with thinking that?

and in that discussion, another point was that the same can be done with Nolan's batman movies, in that they can be seen as quasi-prequels to MoS and bvs. it does sort of fit.

-DCCU Batman is old and out of commission, and at the end of DKR, Batman is retired.
-Joker was left alive, taken into custody at the end of TDK, never killed off, and could come back for more.
-There was a "robin" that Batman passed his mantle to, but his fate was left up the viewer at the end of DKR.

and before anyone gives the whole "nolan's gritty realistic world wouldn't make sense", I just wanna say, there's no way I will believe that

-some ninja-terrorist-illuminati group (League of Shadows)
-or some drug that could make Batman look like this to scare people but then make people try to kill him (Scarecrow Fear Toxin)
-or a psychopathic murderer could singularly figure out months and months of planning to blow up ferries and a hospital (Joker)
-or a man who can punch through concrete (Bane)

could ever exist in a "realistic" world, which there is only one; ours. Reality. None of this crap is plausible the way we know things.

Hey man, people like to say daredevil and jessica jones are gritty and "grounded" too but guess what, it's still part of the same universe where there's a talking anthropomorphic raccoon, and a sapient/sentient tree, and, humanoid aliens...and a giant green range monster, and you get the point. =]

Nope :)

No need to shut it down, everybody's being respectful, I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum on here, but not everybody got to participate.

I completely agree, we could do a run down of all the things that were too far out to be believable in the DKT, but everything is plausible, even if it's just used for plot convenience. I mean, the bullet fingerprint reconstruction was wild, but hey, Wayne has access to the most sophisticated technology in the world.

And I'm not a big fan of describing it as realistic or grounded in reality, those were just my choice of words. But meta humans and super powers are a far leap from the type of technology and occurrences in Dark Knoght. I mean, in the Dark Knight Rises, after this whole universe is set up, then all of a sudden a being with Superman's powers showed up, I bet most of the audience, including myself, would be like What The Fudge! Where did that come from?

Nolan had a specific vision for his films, and that was Batman operating within the limitations of the world we live in. He took some liberties with technology and maybe physics, or human behavior, but he made a conscious effort to make his movies as close as possible to "the real world" I would bet he never had any intentions of including super powers, magic, etc.

It's not Batman 5 Superman, it is a complete reboot of the universe, so that he can incorporate those fantastical comic book elements.

For example, Ras Al Ghul was made "immortal" because he is a symbol, once the old Ras dies, his successor steps up, thus continuing the legacy of Ras Al Ghul (I mighta made that up, I need to go rewatch Begims), so that's giving a real life twist on Al Ghul's immortality through Lazarus Pits, to rid itself of the supernatural element.

Oh I did read the OP in the first place, and the first page, but not as closely as I should've I guess

Question: Could Nolan's batman movies be seen as unofficially canon to the DCCU?

--------------------------------------------------------

Answer:
tumblr_lspto73PR71qbvn8yo2_250.gif

/thread :cool:

... I just wanna say, there's no way I will believe that

-some ninja-terrorist-illuminati group (League of Shadows)
-or some drug that could make Batman look like this to scare people but then make people try to kill him (Scarecrow Fear Toxin)
-or a psychopathic murderer could singularly figure out months and months of planning to blow up ferries and a hospital (Joker)
-or a man who can punch through concrete (Bane)

could ever exist in a "realistic" world, which there is only one; ours. Reality. None of this crap is plausible the way we know things.

Why ? What's so unbelievable about those ?

Well, I am considering it canon in my own head. Call me insane. I think it works pretty well. This Batman is older, seasoned, has battled the Joker already. This could theoretically be the continuation of Nolan's Batman. After battling Scarecrow, The Joker, Two Face and Bane, whats next? The supernatural. Superman. Im considering it to be my own canon and I will be watching both the TDKT and MoS the week of release to prepare for this.

It's so, so different. It's like Batman/Batman Returns and then Batman Forever/Batman & Robin being their own beasts. Lol.

If you want to imagine they're connected, and you find a way to do it that works for you...good for you, I guess? This amounts to fanfiction, though, and it'll probably take actual fanfiction to explain away inconsistencies. Plus we've already got a black Joe Chill and a Thomas Wayne with a moustache just from the trailer; what if they do more flashbacks to key events like his first encounter with The Joker, or even make a prequel film?

If you want to imagine they're connected, and you find a way to do it that works for you...good for you, I guess? This amounts to fanfiction, though, and it'll probably take actual fanfiction to explain away inconsistencies. Plus we've already got a black Joe Chill and a Thomas Wayne with a moustache just from the trailer; what if they do more flashbacks to key events like his first encounter with The Joker, or even make a prequel film?

Where is this black Joe Chill that you speak of?

Well, I am considering it canon in my own head. Call me insane. I think it works pretty well. This Batman is older, seasoned, has battled the Joker already. This could theoretically be the continuation of Nolan's Batman. After battling Scarecrow, The Joker, Two Face and Bane, whats next? The supernatural. Superman. Im considering it to be my own canon and I will be watching both the TDKT and MoS the week of release to prepare for this.

Thematically speaking, there's nothing that need be done with the storyline of TDKT. Bruce's story is done. Robin's is left up to the viewer. As it should be.

I think of it like an Elseworlds story - as if the Batman story took place in a world that was largely like our (and governed by actual rules of physics, most of the time - unlike the world of Superman and Wonder Woman - and Batman
was subject to most of the limitations the rest of us are, like age, injuries and the inability to keep doing one crazy thing forever (just like us, he needed to retire !).

So the short answer is No, but I don't see why that's a problem.
Often, Elseworlds stories are more entertaining than the ongoing storylines
in comics.

Just IMO of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back