The Dark Knight Could very well be the best - and Nolan's last

Keyser Sushi said:
I think what he means is... okay, look. Several of my friends liked POTC2. But these are people whom I know have bad taste. They dress badly, they watch anything pertaining to vampires, they listen to Tatu, Garth Brooks, AND Billy Joel; they tell the same damn joke over and over again twelve times in one hour; and they believe in magic. :o
Yes, but those people don't make up a huge percentage of the public. I know the whole "quality over quantity" idea, blabla...but I think I mentioned before, there's a certain point where a movie stops being a lucky mainstream hit, and becomes a worldwide phenomenon.

100 million. 150. Maybe 200. If a film reaches those numbers, then there's a chance it probably was just a piece of crap that got lucky cause there wasn't any other film to watch. But POTC2 got 400 damn million man. I mean I seriously doubt so many people would love a sh1tty film. If a film has good hype, it'll do good in it's first week. No bad film would just have legs out of nowhere, and absolutely dominate the box office not only for this year, but for this decade. That's all I'm trying to say.

I'm just getting really annoyed at the POTC2 hate on these forums, just because it either beat out their fav. film, or they didn't like it, and are hateful other people enjoyed it. :o

Crooklyn said:
But POTC2 got 400 damn million man. I mean I seriously doubt so many people would love a sh1tty film.

Well, I doubted it too, but I can't argue with the facts. The facts are that the movie was horrible, and it made 400 million dollars. Which means that, yes, that many people loved a sh1tty film. :(

And I'm not hateful. And it did beat out films that I liked better, but that's no big deal. I consider myself a man of taste. POTC 2 made a lot of money. Well, so did Britney spears, and she's a sh1tty singer, so, there's a precedent. Believe me, there's a precedent.

You saw it too, keyser! You're part of the problem, man!

Ronny Shade said:
You saw it too, keyser! You're part of the problem, man!

It's true. Those friends I mentioned? They had occasion... birthday, anniversary, lunar whatsis with the sun in cauliflower, who the **** knows... at any rate, they wanted to do something "exciting" on this occasion, and, out of loyalty to friends, I went along. They had parents, in-laws, friends from out of state, out of town, out of mind... it was nuts. I regretted it about twenty minutes in to the film.

Keyser Sushi said:
It's true. Those friends I mentioned? They had occasion... birthday, anniversary, lunar whatsis with the sun in cauliflower, who the **** knows... at any rate, they wanted to do something "exciting" on this occasion, and, out of loyalty to friends, I went along. They had parents, in-laws, friends from out of state, out of town, out of mind... it was nuts. I regretted it about twenty minutes in to the film.

cut the crap man, you enjoyed the POTC2 just stop it man. I mean some people need to get the stick out their backsides, alot of people enjoyed [and had fun] seeing Potc 2 and they saw it over and over again. Thats what summer movies are suppose to be about, haveing fun. Not everything has to be a melodramtic oddessey of used up lines on revenge Versus Justice.

I loved it. I love both of them. They don't make adventure romp movies anymore. (Except apparently, they do, since they made PotC) The only think I hate about them is that they're so friggin popular.

Ronny Shade said:
I loved it. I love both of them. They don't make adventure romp movies anymore. (Except apparently, they do, since they made PotC) The only think I hate about them is that they're so friggin popular.

i guess people like pirate stories these days:huh:

Well I blame the lack of pirate movies for the past 50 years or so

Eros said:
cut the crap man, you enjoyed the POTC2 just stop it man. I mean some people need to get the stick out their backsides, alot of people enjoyed [and had fun] seeing Potc 2 and they saw it over and over again. Thats what summer movies are suppose to be about, haveing fun. Not everything has to be a melodramtic oddessey of used up lines on revenge Versus Justice.

I did? I enjoyed it? Well ****, since you seem to be able to read my thoughts, guess what I'm thinking about you right now.

it had it's moments like anything, but not enough of them to make it a decent movie

Im ready for Nolan and the Batman franchise as a whole to only do three.
Did Nolan make a deal for 3 Batmovies right???????

Keyser Sushi said:

I'll use this against you anytime soon.

I saw POTC on cable (never would pay specially for that) and it was average horrible. After that I wouldn't move a finger to see a sequel.

Keyser Sushi said:
I did? I enjoyed it? Well ****, since you seem to be able to read my thoughts, guess what I'm thinking about you right now.
"Eros is a presumptious ass"

Call me Professor X.

No, really, get him on the phone, I want to talk to him.

I hope Nolan goes for a third. If he doesn't, I'm going to have to do something outrageous. First Burton, then Singer -- now Nolan?

Absolutely not. I won't allow it. :o :oldrazz:

Ronny Shade said:
Raimi's the man

Seriously.

I think Spider-Man 3 will be like the first third superhero movie where the original director is still onboard (as is the original cast & crew). :wow:

El Payaso said:
I'll use this against you anytime soon.

LOL. I'd expect nothing less, sir. :up:

I saw POTC on cable (never would pay specially for that) and it was average horrible. After that I wouldn't move a finger to see a sequel.

I saw the first POTC on DVD that a friend brought over. I thought it was amusing. It was silly, for sure, but it knew it was silly and it had enough scares and ridiculous action and Kiera Knightley, that, well, I thought it was worth having seen it on DVD with my friend. I enjoyed it. I don't own it myself, so I didn't enjoy it enough to BUY, but it was fun to watch.

POTC 2 for me went... over the line. They took everything about the first movie, and did it bigger and louder. Splashier effects, action scenes that were even less probable and far more ludicrous, and humor that was so broad it went beyond funny and into the realm of ******ed.

What had been amusing to me in POTC was just... unbearable in POTC2.

Seen said:
Seriously.

I think Spider-Man 3 will be like the first third superhero movie where the original director is still onboard (as is the original cast & crew). :wow:

And it looks like it's gonna RAWK. :up:

Spiderman 1 was crap for me, the second one was good so a joyful meh gonna be enough.

I bet if Keyser wasn't psoting here I wouldn't be making off-topic.

El Payaso said:
Spiderman 1 was crap for me, the second one was good so a joyful meh gonna be enough.

Well, I loved both flicks, but I might be the slightest bit biased. While Batman is my favorite comic hero, the first comics I remember reading were Spider-Man comics. I had a Spider-Man storybook when I was a kid (I actually still have it, LOL) which is seven pages long, and each page chronicles a day in Spider-Man's life, and he beats a different wierd-ass criminal each day of the week - none of whom actually appear in the comics, to my knowledge - but each of whom does have a color as part of their shtick.

At any rate, Spider-Man is close to my heart. Batman's my hero, but Spidey is dear to me. :heart:

I bet if Keyser wasn't psoting here I wouldn't be making off-topic.

You know it... and you're glad. ;) Most of the topics here are so lame the only way to save these boards is to go off-topic as often as possible.:ninja:

I think the Spider-Man movies have been fantastic. I certainly have high hopes for the third.

But I think a Nolan Batman trilogy could best it. :o

Seen said:
I think the Spider-Man movies have been fantastic. I certainly have high hopes for the third.

But I think a Nolan Batman trilogy could best it. :o

Ohhh, too right! :up:

I was pretty letdown with SM1 when I saw it (at that point, I was holding everything up to B89, and, well, nothing held up to B89:o), but after SM2 (the first superhero movie I really thought to be better than B89:o), I've really grown to have quite an appreciation of it. It's not exactly an epic movie or a masterpiece like more recent comic book movies are aiming to be, but for a light, summertime movie, it was damn good. And it had Willam Dafoe. :up:

POTC2...I was let down with. POTC was, if not great, very good, and I was quite looking foward to the sequels, but while POTC2 was fun, sure, and I'd still probably rate it a good 7/10, it really didn't live up to its potential, and really suffered from, I think, carrying ALL of it's plotlines over to POTC3. I mean, there was absolutely no resolution to anything in POTC2, and that makes it a far less enjoyable film to watch, I think. At least until the third film comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"