Crossbones

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by Hunter Rider, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Incredible Hans

Incredible Hans I'm always hungry!

What other guy?

2. Stringer

Stringer CHAMPS AGAIN!

Yeah the Winter Soldier had some kind of serum in his body, but Cap was still superior to him in the end. He won both fights despite Bucky's enhancements. All which to say, maybe can say Hydra has a new serum of their own, but it's still weaker than the one in Steve.

3. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Based on how awesome they made WS look, I have no doubts we'll get a menacing, extremely dangerous looking appearance for Crossbones.

I hope the mask looks like this.

[​IMG]

4. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

What if crossbones is paralyzed from the end of winter soldier,because we saw him lying on a gurney.so he has to wear a exoskeleton giving him a costume for the third movie.

5. ThePowerCosmic

Sadistic Definition- deriving pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

"There are no prisoners with HYDRA, only order. And order only comes from pain."
    - Rumlow

Give him time to express his sadistic personality even more when he's full-blown Crossbones.

6. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

But that would sort if remove the point of giving him a power upgrade so that he can go toe to toe with Steve and Bucky.

7. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

No the first fight was a draw.

8. Stringer

Stringer CHAMPS AGAIN!

Put it this way, Cap was superior to Bucky in hand to hand. The fights would be close, but Cap would come out on top 9/10 times. That's how the Russo's presented their skill levels I believe.

9. STR1

STR1 Well-Known Member

I think the MCU wants to treat the SSS as a one time achievement. You can't have one exactly the same because what is to stop them from giving to thousands of Hydra agents and making an army of SS? It will be a lesser variation or some other "miracle" that I think will be given to CB to enhance him. Otherwise he will just be sparring partner for the Captain.

10. ThePowerCosmic

Even if Crossbones doesn't get something to power him up, we've seen trained humans like Batroc take Cap on in a fight. Imagine what Crossbones would do with weapons and hand-to-hand.

11. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

We've seen what Rumlow can do with weapons, hand to hand, *and* a hoard of mooks.

Its called the elevator scene. :)

I think, if he's supposed to take on Cap in a more personal fashion, he's going to need some kind of super edge. Hell, he probably needs that just to fight again after being that badly injured.

Oh, as for the Winter Soldier, I suspect he's more or less just as physically powerful as Cap. The reason he lost in the later fights was that, ultimately, the Winter Soldier is an assassin. He's primarily trained and experienced in showing up out of nowhere and slaughtering unsuspecting people with overwhelming violence. Cap, OTOH, is much more experienced at straight out fighting.

12. ThePowerCosmic

Yes, but a rematch could prove different. Rumlow should be in an even deadlier state of mind as Crossbones, and this time he'd know not to stick to hand-to-hand to Cap. He'd have some tricks up his sleeve when it comes to weaponry and gadgets against Cap. He can attack Cap with a couple of weapons, switch to hand-to-hand, use some gadgetry, then weaponry again, back to hand-to-hand, etc. It could look really cool and Cap wouldn't know what to expect next.

At this point we've only seen a very exposed Rumlow try to take on Cap with a taser. The way he just ran at Cap, you could tell he was out of his league. But now Rumlow knows what fighting Cap feels like and what Rogers can do, so he'll be prepared next time.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  13. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Cap was clearly stronger all round than Bucky. Yes, the Winter Soldier had a bionic arm but Cap picked him up by the throat and lifted him three feet off the ground with one arm.

Anyways, I'm all for variants/knock off/failed attempts of the SSS, as long its not as good as the original.

14. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

I like to think he was subconsciously holding back a bit due to the self doubt brought on by near recognition of Steve.

Can't wait to see where they go with Crossbones.

15. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

http://screencrush.com/frank-grillo-the-purge/

16. JAK®

JAK® Upstart

That's because Bucky presumably weighs as much as a normal man though? Why does Cap being able to lift Bucky make him stronger?

17. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

The movies in general seem hesitant about masks so maybe the facial disfigurement is how they justify the costume. It's not Crossbones trying to be a campy Saturday morning bad guy; it's him trying to hide his supremely effed up face.

18. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I'm not completely up on Crossbones. Does he get disfigured in the comics?

19. Brian Braddock

Because Bucky wasnt physically strong enough to stop Cap from doing it, otherwise he would have done so?

20. TalismanRing

TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Bucky couldn't lift the beam off himself either and Steve could after be shots multi times in the gut and stabbed. Also, if Bucky was a strong as Cap he'd be able to catch and throw the Shield with his human hand - he doesn't - he always uses the bionic arm. They enhanced him for the movie, unlike in the comics, to beyond normal strength but he's not as strong as Steve by a considerable margin though the bionic arm makes up for a lot.

21. Brian Braddock

Good points.

22. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

Sure it's harder to lift someone up who is resisting you than someone who is not or is even cooperating...but.....if you weight 240 lbs and someone is trying to lift you with 400 lbs of force...you're gonna move. strength doesn't defy gravity

23. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

No, but he does wear a mask.

[​IMG]

The MCU movies for whatever reason don't really like giving people masks and costumes if there's no in-story reason (see the Falcon, Batroc, and Hawkeye) so a lot of people suggested that the facial burns he suffered were likely an excuse to have him wear a costume closer to the comics in the sequel.

24. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

I bet the mask will be more like a helmet

25. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I think Crossbones is one of those designs that are visually and thematically easy to pull off.

You wouldn't need to go full tilt with the bone shirt. The mask is quite enough.

He'd be a brutal enforcer, so he wears a skull mask to intimidate and conceal his identity.

Having him wear a mask because he's disfigured and self conscious is kind of passe.