yenaled

3X2(9YZ)4A
Reaction score
From Newsarama;

JLA CLASSIFIED #32 & 33
Written by Dan Slott & Dan Jurgens
Art by Jurgens & Trevor Scott
Covers by Doug Mahnke
The 5-part story “4th Parallel,” written by Dan Slott & Dan Jurgens with art by Jurgens & Trevor Scott, kicks off in the 48-page JLA CLASSIFIED #32, and continues two weeks later in JLA CLASSIFIED #33! When lifetime loser Dareen Profitt finds a way to imprison he League’s master villain Dr. Destiny and wrests control of the reality-warping Materiopticon, his luck seems likely to change. Which is bad for the JLA and the DCU as we know it!
In Part 2, reality has split in three, and the JLA of this reality meets Profitt’s new alter ego: the Red King! Is he too good to be true?
Issue #32 on sale January 17 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99;
issue #33 on sale January 31 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JLACLA_32_solicit.jpg

Can't wait for this. I love Dan's writing and have been waiting for ages to read this arc.

I usually don't bother with Classified, but I'm tempted to give these a read.

Dan Slott writing JLA Classified? Yes, I think I will be picking that up.

****ing sweet, Slott writing a good JLA instead of the loser league Meltzer's presenting in JLofA, and Jurgens penciling. :up: I like Dr. Destiny, too. :up: :up:

#32's kind of a weird issue to double-size, but I'm not complaining.

I really want to drop this book, but they keep coming out with such good stories. :(

I'm not a gigantic fan of Slott's, but I've enjoyed some of his stuff, and with Jurgens' art, you really can't go wrong. :up:

What Is the difference in all these "classified" books? Please explain them to me.

Hush said:
What Is the difference in all these "classified" books? Please explain them to me.
They don't take place in the present. It's a look back at "past adventures".

O ok, cool that sounds like a good idea. I may pick up some trades now.

CConn said:
They don't take place in the present. It's a look back at "past adventures".
Not really. They're just anthologies with stories related to the teams or certain members. They don't necessarily have to take place in the past. The Hourman arc in JSA: Classified, for example, seems to be taking place in the present.

The main difference between JLA:C and JLA right now, however, is that JLA:C is good. :up:

JLA: Classified tends to tell stories which take place in the past. Where as JSA: Classified tends to highlight members of the team and tell stories about them.

Well of course, that's just what DC have said differentiates the two titles.

What the hell is CLA Classified anyway? Just stories that never made it into print and they're telling them now (from past JLA teams and such) ?

I guess a lot of writers had ideas for JLA and JSA stories, so DC created an anthology title to complement each. It's working out pretty well.

I want Kid Amazo damnit!

but i guess this will do for now.

Slott on JLA? Crap in a hat, I may actually have to go buy a comic book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"