DC January '08 Solicitations

What a surprise. I bet Kyle's next, probably set to die in Final Crisis now that Johns has fulfilled his wet dreams of totally devaluing him. :o

Wow, Corp...only you could work Kyle into that discussion :p
It seems like they're killing off a lot of characters who gained prominence post-CoIE in favor of their pre-CoIE counterparts. Conner Kent, Bart Allen, now Connor Hawke. Who's the next prominent name on that list?

They've already effectively killed Tim Drake's personality. He's Dick/Bruce Jr. now.

Oh yeah, Batgirl rose to prominence post-CoIE and has been character-assassinated, too.

Well, Connor's toast.

That Titans "Lost Annual" sounds like one strange piece of work. Especially since JFK was assassinated years before the Teen Titans first appeared.
WONDER WOMAN #16
Written by Gail Simone
Art by cover by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
The intensity ramps up in the third chapter of “The Circle,” as the whole truth is revealed about the attempted murder of Diana on the night of her birth! And in the present day, Wonder Woman fights to prevent the destruction of not just her loved ones, but her entire culture. But whose standard is she wearing into battle, and does it mean she has abandoned the gods completely? No Wonder Woman fan should miss
this story!
A bit late, Diana. Amazons Attack already happened.

It's the **** era, but it's ok. Because I just made myself a huge ****ing ice cream sundae, with hotfudge/caramel and Magic shell, and tons of sprinkles and toppings and stuff.
And that's a good Goddamned attitude to have.

That one I'm kind of hoping for, actually.
Well, sure. Who the **** isn't? Osama bin Laden's probably hoping for that one. He's all sittin' in his cave, and his henchguy brings in the latest batch of DC, and he's just like, "Dude, what the hell? What is with this Aquanoob?"

Eh, I'm not too worried about Connor. Teasing the death of characters is about as old as AIDS. I doubt Winick will off him until he squeezes every. Last. Drop. Of melodrama he can from the whole him/Shado/Ollie triangle of emotasm.

No, that happened in Connor's mini-series, which I'm sure Winick didn't read, since he apparently tries to keep himself as uninformed as possible about anything to do with Connor. It's the only way he could write Connor as badly as he does.

I remember Winick saying during WonderCon that he was going to put that into his book at some point, bring back Shado and all that noise. At first I thought he was talking about the GA series, which would have been weird since it was announced the very same day that it was ending, but then the GA/BC series was announced. So unless it happens in the next two issues, which seems unlikely, I don't think he'll get rid of such a rich font of wangst.

Why can't Connor just get his own ongoing or join a team or something? That Dixon/Donovan series was like a dream come true, even though it did totally violate the fact that Connor's a pacifist by having him murder a guy. :(

Why can't Connor just get his own ongoing or join a team or something? That Dixon/Donovan series was like a dream come true, even though it did totally violate the fact that Connor's a pacifist by having him murder a guy. :(
What, and let Winick get rid of such a rich font of wangst?

Wow, Howard Porter didn't even make it to the end of the Trials of Shazam.

Pun may or may not be intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"