DC January '08 Solicitations

TheCorpulent1

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
Cover images are at http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Jan08/solicitations.html

Newsarama said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] On this Day 2 of our weekend DC January 2008 solicitation preview, we take a look at some various titles that caught the eye of Newsarama. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look for the Countdown-related solicitations below, and of course, check back at this very URL on Monday, 10/15 at 5pm EST for DC’s full solicitations… [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
TEEN TITANS: YEAR ONE #1
Written by Amy Wolfram
Art by Karl Kerschl & Serge Lapointe
Cover by Kerschl
Writer Amy Wolfram (Teen Titans animated series) joins rising star artist Karl Kerschl (ALL-FLASH #1, ROBIN) for a colorful reimagining of how the Teen Titans came together! See how these teammates bonded, and overcame the sheer awkwardness of being teenagers in this explosive 6-issue miniseries that guest-stars the Justice League of America! You may think you know Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash and Aqualad…but you don’t really know the original Teen Titans!
On sale January 2 • 1 of 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

TEEN TITANS #55
Written by Sean McKeever
Art by Eddy Barrows & Rob Hunter
Following up the epic “Titans of Tomorrow” storyline, we catch the Titans in a moment of quiet before the next storm. As one Titan leaves forever, Wonder Girl and Robin explore their newfound feelings for each other as Ravager enjoys herself by pitting Blue Beetle against Kid Devil.
And watch out for the introduction of the new Clock King, a modern-day Fagin out to create a villainous team of his own. Fan-favorite writer Sean McKeever continues to deliver his own special blend of excitement and angst sure to keep this book on the top of your must-read pile!
On sale January 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

ROBIN #170
Written by Chuck Dixon
Art by Chris Batista
Cover by Freddie E. Williams II
With the return of new series writer Chuck Dixon (Robin, Nightwing, Batman) and art by fan-favorite Chris Batista (52, Legion of Superheroes), Robin #170 is the start of a new era no one will want to miss!
After a life-changing battle with Ra’s al Ghul in Nanda Parbat, Robin comes home to Gotham to find there’s a new girl in town, wearing a color he can’t ignore. The new vigilante calls herself Violet, and she steals from the rich to keep for herself…and Robin’s going to find out that’s not all she’s playing for. Plus, the return of an old friend with something to hide!
On sale January 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

NIGHTWING #140
Written by Peter Tomasi
Art by Rags Morales & Michael Bair
Cover by Michael Bair
Guest-starring Batman & Robin! A new era of Nightwing begins from writer Peter Tomasi (Black Adam: THE DARK AGE, Light Brigade) and the incredible art team of Rags Morales and Michael Bair (Identity Crisis)!
When the bodies of nefarious villains and fallen heroes begin to disappear from their final resting places, Dick Grayson is drawn into a mysterious, life-altering adventure!
On sale January 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

GREEN LANTERN #27
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Mike McKone and various
Cover by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert
The build-up to FINAL CRISIS continues in Part 2 of “The Alpha Lanterns”! In the aftermath of the Sinestro Corps War, a select few have been chosen to undergo a transformation that will leave them forever altered and forever committed to the Green Lantern Corps. But what other laws are the Guardians unleashing, and why do Hal Jordan and John Stewart want to stop them? Plus, a visit to Oa's Death Row!
On sale January 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #17
Written by Dwayne McDuffie and Alan Burnett
Art by Ed Benes, Jon Boy Meyer and Sandra Hope
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
Double trouble for the League! First, in the lead story written by Alan Burnett, a mysterious and familiar team from beyond time has infiltrated the Hall of Justice looking for a weapon.
Will Black Lightning be their first victim? And wait ’til you see who they are!
Plus, writer Dwayne McDuffie begins a very special back-up story exploring what’s wrong with Vixen's powers. And when her condition worsens, it leads to a new arc and major change for the Leaguer!
On sale January 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #12
Written by Geoff Johns & Alex Ross
Art by Dale Eaglesham & Ruy Jose
Cover by Alex Ross
Variant cover by Eaglesham & Jose
“Thy Kingdom Come” explodes as Jakeem Thunder returns! The Justice Society reaches out to the next wave of legacy heroes: the new Mr. America, Judomaster, Amazing Man and more! Plus, another face familiar to the Kingdom Come Superman makes his presence known.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Alex Ross), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Eaglesham & Jose). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale January 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JLA CLASSIFIED #50-51
Written by Roger Stern
Art by John Byrne & Mark Farmer
Covers by Joshua Middleton
The first two parts of a 5-part epic reuniting the legendary Roger Stern/John Byrne team! The Justice League faces a new foe who seems to remember them well enough to want revenge. But when have they faced off before? Meet a mysterious new foe again…for the first time!
Issue #50 on sale January 23
32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well, Happy Solicitations New Year anyway. Can you believe we're into 2008 already. This month we're going to do what we did last month, and today give you a look at all of DC's Countdown titles for January 2008, and then Sunday we'll come back with an update with other high-profile titles from around the DC catalog. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As always, the full solicitations will be available here at this same URL on Monday, October 15th at 5:00pm EST... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COUNTDOWN TO FINAL CRISIS #17-13
Story by Paul Dini
Story consultant Keith Giffen
Scripts by Tony Bedard
Art by Pete Woods and Tom Derenick
Covers by Woods
It's all-out war as the Challengers find Ray Palmer — and so does everyone else! The fate of a universe hangs in the balance, as heroes and villains from across the multiverse face betrayal and death with Earth as their battlefield!
Plus, more DC Villains origin backup stories, including Harley Quinn!
COUNTDOWN 17 on sale January 2 • COUNTDOWN 16 on sale January 9
COUNTDOWN 15 on sale January 16 • COUNTDOWN 14 on sale January 23 • COUNTDOWN 13 on sale January 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE #6
Written by Adam Beechen & Justin Gray
Art by Allan Goldman & Julio Ferreira and Fabrizio Fiorentino & Adam DeKraker
Cover by Eddy Barrows & Oclair Albert
The enigmatic Healers — aliens sent to Earth to stop the spread of Lady Styx's infection — have tagged Animal Man as patient zero. Can Starfire save him before they cut him open for dissection? Also, Forerunner's adventures continue as she runs afoul of the Thanagarian battle fleet.
On sale January 30 • 6 of 8 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US

COUNTDOWN TO MYSTERY #5
Written by Steve Gerber and Matt Sturges
Art by Justiniano & Walden Wong and Stephen Segovia
Cover by Mario Alberti
The return of Eclipso is bad news for the DC Universe…but it’s worse news for Bruce Gordon, the man who originally held the Black Diamond and terrorized the world as Eclipso! Plus, Dr. Fate continues to struggle with his new responsibilities!
On sale January 23 • 5 of 8 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
COUNTDOWN PRESENTS: LORD HAVOK AND THE EXTREMISTS #4
Written by Frank Tieri
Art by Liam Sharp & Rob Hunter
Cover by Sharp
A COUNTDOWN tie-in! Monarch makes an unexpected alliance with the Americommando and the Meta Militia in an effort to strongarm Lord Havok and the Extremists into joining his Multiversal Army. Plus, Dr. Diehard sees all he cares about vanish in an instant, and we learn the secret origin of the Extremist known as Dreamslayer.
On sale January 23 • 4 of 6 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

COUNTDOWN SPECIAL: THE NEW GODS
Written by Jack Kirby
Art by Kirby, Mike Royer & Vince Colletta
Cover by Ryan Sook
The newest 80-page Special revealing past tales related to the main characters of COUNTDOWN sheds light on the New Gods! Included here are the Kirby masterpieces MISTER MIRACLE #1, FOREVER PEOPLE #1, and NEW GODS #7!
On sale January 2 • 80 pg, FC, $4.99 US
[/FONT]

You know what creeps me out? Red Hot Chili Peppers. Because they suck.

Teen Titans: The Tim/Cassie thing could not be more emo if it tried. They're crying while making out. Meanwhile, if Miss Martian leaves, I will not be happy.

Teen Titans: Year One: Looks pretty cute.

JSA: Isn't that the same solicit from last month?

JLA Classified: John Byrne gets work again.

I'm all about that Teen Titans: Year One thing. The original Titans plus Karl Kerschl art? Awesome.

The present-day Teen Titans look to be taking a turn for the worse, if that cover is any indication. Come on, McKeever, it looked like you were doing the right thing and dropping that stupid Robin/Wonder GIrl subplot. Also, what is this about Ravager playing Blue Beetle and Kid Devil against each other? Jaime is Traci Thirteen's man, damn it! :cmad: I really hope McKeever doesn't make stupid, angsty teen romances the hallmark of his whole run, 'cause I'm dropping that **** if it looks like it's going that way.

Robin sounds good, especially since Chris Batista is drawing it instead of Freddie Williams. I don't know why Robin can't ignore Violet, though. Possibly because Spoiler wore that color?

Glad to see Rags Morales on Nightwing, since I planned on picking that up when Tomasi took over anyway. If his style's changed to look like the art on that cover, however, I'm gonna be disappointed. That's not particularly impressive art, nor is it even close to Rags' earlier standard.

I'm curious about the Alpha Lanterns, but I don't know if I'm curious enough to keep buying Green Lantern after the Sinestro War crossover is done. I'll see when it comes up.

It's apparently all-animation-people hour in JLA. Burnett's story sounds cool, but I'm looking forward to McDuffie's explanation of what's up with Vixen's powers more. Still wish they'd change the artist, although I don't know what Jon Boy Meyers' art looks like.

Still not really happy about KC Superman being in JSA, but whatever. The stories are still good enough that I can tolerate it. Looking forward to Jakeem and, essentially, any of the old guard getting any sort of spotlight at this point. I really wish Johns would get off this random new legacy hero trip and get back to the characters of the JSA who actually matter.

JLA Classified sounds like it has a very, very good chance of sucking.

Robin and Nightwing definitely sound good to me, and I'll probably pick up JLA just because. As well as New Gods, as I'm a NG ****e

rag morales on nightwing is a waste. put him on JLA or a new hawkman ongoing done written by chuck or johns. hell oput him on GLC or something.

I actually can't argue with that logic at the moment. Hopefully Tomasi will restore Nightwing to a title to be excited for, though.

Jesus christ, all it ever is anymore is "SOMETHING HAPPENS TAHT WILL CHANGE THIS CHARACTER FOREVER!" or "WITH THE CHANGES FROM THIS PAST FEW ISSUES< WILL THINGS EVER BE THE SAME FOPR THESE GUYS?~!"

I'm so sick of that ****.

It's the **** era, but it's ok. Because I just made myself a huge ****ing ice cream sundae, with hotfudge/caramel and Magic shell, and tons of sprinkles and toppings and stuff.

Glad to see Rags Morales on Nightwing, since I planned on picking that up when Tomasi took over anyway. If his style's changed to look like the art on that cover, however, I'm gonna be disappointed. That's not particularly impressive art, nor is it even close to Rags' earlier standard.

the solicit says the cover is by bair, but it's gots rags' signature on it as well. definitely doesn't resemble his identity crisis work though. curious to see what the interiors will look like.

I wonder if Wonder Girl and Robin have sex, they picture the other as Conner :(

Where's Speedy in TT:Y1?
He wasn't cool enough to make it on, since he's ditched years of characterization and become and Ollie clone.

Seriously, though, I think he joined a little bit later and was given founder status, but he wasn't an actual founder. Maybe that cover is only for the founders.

I looks like I will be done with Teen Titans once again after the Titans Tomorrow arc. Oh well at least I got to see Conner again. :(

Yes and Bart. What I don't get is though McKeever said he was not going to use the whole Robin/Wonder Girl sub-plot but yet here it is again.

Maybe they kiss, realize it's gross and creepy, and that's the final nail in the coffin of their 'romance.'

GABC_Cv4_solicit.jpg

[blackout]Connor[/blackout] is so f***ing dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"