Civil War Daniel Bruhl Joins the Cast as Baron Zemo!

Sigh. Its not "downplaying comic book elements". Its "actors got to act, and its *much easier* to act when people can actually see your face".

To me that's ********, and it's nothing more than a lame excuse. Ask fans which Dredd movie has the better acting performance. and they will tell you it's the one where Dredd keeps his mask on the whole time instead of losing it in the first 10 minutes.

To me the masks and costumes are a big part of these stories' iconography, and iconography IMHO is an important thing. That means, I want stories to embrace capes and masks and everything else.

Zemo was superbly done in Civil War, but I really want to see him return in a more comic-ky role. Imagine him in this perfect design, assembling a team of super-villains to take down the Avengers the old-fashioned way.

baronzemoconceptart.jpg

I would like it.

To me that's ********, and it's nothing more than a lame excuse. Ask fans which Dredd movie has the better acting performance. and they will tell you it's the one where Dredd keeps his mask on the whole time instead of losing it in the first 10 minutes.

To me the masks and costumes are a big part of these stories' iconography, and iconography IMHO is an important thing. That means, I want stories to embrace capes and masks and everything else.

Agreed. Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta give great performance wearing mask for whole movie. But I not mind that Zemo not wear the mask. His character not need it for this movie.

It's even more important for Zemo considering that his conflict with Cap disfigured both his father and him. It's integral to the character and he became quite bland with that element removed.

Watched this again for the first time since the theaters......love how Zemo single handily Shut down the Avengers....people say he wasnt the greatest....but he was in my book...sets up a great way for him to Bring in Masters of Evil sometime soon....

Watched this again for the first time since the theaters......love how Zemo single handily Shut down the Avengers....people say he wasnt the greatest....but he was in my book...sets up a great way for him to Bring in Masters of Evil sometime soon....

Except he didn't single handedly shut them down.

Except he didn't single handedly shut them down.

As a matter of fact, he did. Zemo set in motion a series of circumstances that lead Captain America into taking reckless actions that caused the Avengers to unravel. He was very skillful in the way he manipulated Cap and used the setup around the Accords in his plan as needed. And he did it all with realistic motivations and without that stupid pink sack glued to his head.

Some people here just can't come to terms with the fact that these films are adaptations. The can't and don't copy everything from the comics as is. Characters are reshaped to fit the narrative needs of the films. That's just how it has to be. We'll sooner see Hawkeye wearing a purple loincloth and a mask with a huge "H" on his forehead that Zemo with a mask Adhesive X-ed to his face. And amen to that.

As a matter of fact, he did. Zemo set in motion a series of circumstances that lead Captain America into taking reckless actions that caused the Avengers to unravel. He was very skillful in the way he manipulated Cap and used the setup around the Accords in his plan as needed. And he did it all with realistic motivations and without that stupid pink sack glued to his head.

Some people here just can't come to terms with the fact that these films are adaptations. The can't and don't copy everything from the comics as is. Characters are reshaped to fit the narrative needs of the films. That's just how it has to be. We'll sooner see Hawkeye wearing a purple loincloth and a mask with a huge "H" on his forehead that Zemo with a mask Adhesive X-ed to his face. And amen to that.

Agreed
He did what was the best thing he could do. Dismantle the Avengers

And they left him in the logical position to set up a Masters of Evil at some future point. All it requires is for Ross to be stupid enough to listen to him, which he shows every sign of doing already.

It's not that logical given that it requires people to be idiots.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where we've seen Ross being that sufficient level of idiocy.

Then there is the matter of Zemo blowing T'Chakka up, and one would expect Zemo being extradited to Wakanda.

Maybe Zemo will don the mask in his next appearance.

Wonder which future MCU movie he's reappearing in.

Thunderbolts, is my guess, followed by an Avengers film with him leading the Masters of Evil ( who *used* to be the more evil half of the Thunderbolts, before he yanked the rug out under everyone ).

If the MCU did Thunderbolts, they'd have to set up most of their roster from scratch.

And they left him in the logical position to set up a Masters of Evil at some future point.

He was suicidal and partially repentant at the end of CA:CW. He would need a new reason for hating the Avengers and doing a 180 degree turn back to active villainy. I hope that's the case, but I'm not expecting it.

I'm not sure where we've seen Ross being that sufficient level of idiocy.

Then there is the matter of Zemo blowing T'Chakka up, and one would expect Zemo being extradited to Wakanda.

I can't imagine that T'Challa would want to bring Zemo to Wakanda unless the goal was execution. Given that Panther stopped Zemo from killing himself, that seems unlikely.

He stopped him from killing himself, doesn't mean he would want to let bygones be bygones.

He stopped him from killing himself, doesn't mean he would want to let bygones be bygones.

Everett Ross has Zemo in custody, where he presumably imprisoned him somewhere like the Raft. It stands to reason that T'Challa would be satisfied with that rather than go through extradition and the subsequent care for Zemo as a prisoner of Wakanda.

I could see the BP movie mentioning Zemo in passing, but I doubt that he'll reappear in the MCU unless Marvel Studios wants to revamp the character. The CA:CW version of Zemo was more traumatized and confused than philosophically evil. At this point, the character really doesn't lend well to being the Masters of Evil catalyst.

He'd need a trial, first. Since Zemo's attack was in Germany and the King of Wakanda was killed, I don't know where it'd be held or who carry out his sentence, but it is probably not the US and probably not Ross' (either of them) call.

Agreed on the bottom line, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"