Dante's Inferno

I'm getting the game this week. :) Any chance you can show the full Q&A Spidey-Bat?

I'm glad we're the game is getting more unique. The Cross/Scythe level system, magic relics and now co-op and level creator? This game is becoming it's very own title and standing on it's own legs.

Toys R Us will give a $20 gift card if you get it Tues between 10am and 2pm. Yeah, very convenient time.

They are having a Buy 3, Get 1 Free all week, too.

What is it with the reviews talking about a decent story? From God of War, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno and Darksiders. It does seem Darksiders has the best story, wheres GoW story is just so damn popular because of the beatiful kills and so forth. Here it seems they're rather nitpicking on the biblical demons, but why isn't noone nitpicking on the greek stuff?

Ah well getting this game in about 7 hours, ya. :p

I'm gonna try to get it for $40 at Best Buy on Tuesday.

I've played this game for 2 hours now. I'm on gluttony but i'm stuck on this puzzle. :( It's actually the one IGN shows and complains about.

Lust is a very short circle, i guess they we're too worried about all the... well you get the idea what Lust has. Cool boss fights. I'm liking the little extra story stuff i've learned so far and hey i'm building up my Holy levels. It's fun so far. :)

I'm getting a little worried about getting this game now. Reading a lot of reviews about it being more frustrating than fun.

I'm getting a little worried about getting this game now. Reading a lot of reviews about it being more frustrating than fun.

Could you share those reviews? I'm on Heresy right now. Only thing annoyning for me has been the Flying monsters. >: (

Anyone getting the anime it looks cool.

Well i'm stuck on the last boss, but heres my thoughts so far:
+ Level designs
+ Flashbacks. From CGI, Ingame to anime.
+ Being able to varie your playstyle with either the Cross or Scythe.
+ The extra little details from the Poem, Bestarys the Lost souls you can destroy or absolve.
+ Voice acting
+ Story. This is Dante trying to redeem himself for all the nasty **** he did for 3 years.
+ It's the god damn Hell!

- Some circles are just 1 Boss fight and barely anything. This goes for Lust.
- Fraud is nothing but about less than 10 Arena challanges, nothing else.
- Lack of good puzzles.
- Cross is too broken. You can almost play the whole game by just using the Cross.
- Lack of innovation
- Boss fights are pretty bland, lack of awesome finisher moves that God of War is infamous for.

Overall it's a nice game, but i think people will be abit disappointed. I mean it's cool when it comes to Personal Hell, because this really is about a piece of **** guy trying to redeem himself and save Beatrice, but as a "Hell game!" people will get disappointed i believe. I'm very optimistic on the upcoming 2-cop DLC in April for sure tho!

Overall: 7.8/10 I'd recommend picking up Darksiders tho if you wanna see a really cool story tho.

PS. I also wanted to add another - regarding the Enemy monsters. A Common problem with modern games is that you got like 1 model and 3-4 different skins on the mob to make it different. That kinda sucks.

Also i love the boss fight in Greed, and yeah going to Treachery is awesome!

Jeez, you're already close to finishing? How many hours have you put into it?

Yeah it's kinda sad. This game is like... 6-8 hours? It's upbar with GoW: Chains of Olympus and GoW2, except its:
1) easier
2) less puzzles

So yeah. I gave up on trying to kill the last boss on Normal so i went on easy. Need to make a proper tactic, last boss is nearly impossible. >_< Long Endurance match!

Anyhow yeah it's a decent game, alot of people probably will be disappointed but i liked the story, but the Hell itself was really just too short. It should have been longer with more puzzles and something more.

Heck actually. It's kinda as short as Brütal Legend now that i think about it, abit longer than that game atleast with replaybility included!

6-8 hours? Wow. Definitely a $30 purchase for me.

Gameinformer 7.0 review!

Read the review to be honest. I pretty much agree with it. Tho it does annoy me how some people still bother to nitpick about the changes from Poem. I mean Dante himself put people he didn't like in Hell, heck some of those people we're his family friends, but hey nobody cares about that one, ah well i enjoyed the story, even tho the ending is well... Yeah it's gonna make you just say "oh boy, here we go".

Gamespot was harsh on it. Gave it a 6.5

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/dantesinferno/review.html

It's a shame the entirety of Dante's Inferno couldn't match the frenetic pacing and horrific imagination found in the beginning of your adventure because it could have been a worthwhile alternative to the excellent God of War series. But most of the game falls far short of its impressive beginning, which results in a repetitive and uninspired adventure that loses steam long before you reach the bitter end. Dante's Inferno is certainly fun during those hectic first few hours, but there is little reason to play beyond those parts. It's not worth visiting hell without the promise of heaven on the other side.

The GT review is up. The main point they were driving is that it's annoying and tedious.

Their breakdown was
Story 6.3
Design 6.2
Gameplay 7.4
Presentation 8.2
Final 6.8

I'll buy it when it's $30 or when there's another Buy 2, Get 1 free at a store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"