Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's similarities, sure. But ripped off? Nah. It's not like Hannibal was the first to use flowing liquid into shapes anyway.

People have been writing their name in the snow for thousands of years.

Eeehhh... I doubt Goddard is really involved. The guy just up and left the show when Sony wanted to make Sinister Six. Ike Perlmutter/Marvel was furious at him. It was getting nasty with lawyers going back and forth, according to the leaked Sony emails.

Has anyone else pre-orderd the Art of Daredevil" book? I have ot pre ordered on Amazon prime and it says its out tomorrow but hasnt shipped yet....anyone else in the same situation?

Eeehhh... I doubt Goddard is really involved. The guy just up and left the show when Sony wanted to make Sinister Six. Ike Perlmutter/Marvel was furious at him. It was getting nasty with lawyers going back and forth, according to the leaked Sony emails.

On the other hand, there's nothing recent that indicates problems. He had a very benign explanation for why he didn't get the Spider-Man job (he couldn't think of a pitch to make with the criteria Marvel has for the new movie).

I really like Drew Goddard and I love how he talks about DD. Ya'll should check out his interview on EJScott's podcast. He's like the major marvel fan (and talented filmmaker) who is working on those properties and giving us the true superhero adaptation.

Was really hoping he would write some episodes and at least direct one. First 2 episodes of S1 was really good. I'd watch The Martian because of him, which is getting some pretty solid reviews I think.

How many times have you guys (or gals) re watched this?

I've rewatched the series twice from beginning to end, and I've watched a few individual episodes more than twice. The writing is just so impressive, and it's extremely enjoyable to observe just how well the writers crafted the plot and character development for the season.

Has anyone else pre-orderd the Art of Daredevil" book? I have ot pre ordered on Amazon prime and it says its out tomorrow but hasnt shipped yet....anyone else in the same situation?
I don't think that's releasing anymore. It was removed from the Marvel catalogues a few months back.

I don't think that's releasing anymore. It was removed from the Marvel catalogues a few months back.
I just preordered it from Barnes and Noble the other day (as in, last Friday). If it weren't coming out, I don't think stores would have still had it listed (and would have informed people that had already preordered it that the item was no longer available). B&N has already gone ahead and charged my account for the book - so it's possible there's a stock/backorder issue that's holding it up.

I just preordered it from Barnes and Noble the other day (as in, last Friday). If it weren't coming out, I don't think stores would have still had it listed (and would have informed people that had already preordered it that the item was no longer available). B&N has already gone ahead and charged my account for the book - so it's possible there's a stock/backorder issue that's holding it up.
Let me know if it comes in. Also make sure to take a pic of it. I really wanna pick it up if it's still releasing.

I was curious as to how many times you have seen it. I'm currently on my second viewing (episode 9).

I know that Jessica Jones will be completely different than DD, and that concerns me. Will it attract the same type of reviews?

so still no news on Kingpin returning :( I'd like to see him appear at least in a few episodes... maybe the season ending with him bribing his way out of jail

Watching it right now. On my sixth re-watch. Not going to watch again till after Jessica Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"