• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hall does'nt really look that old to be honest he does'nt look any older than christian bale not saying he can pass as 25 but he easily can pass as mid 30's which i just fine for a super hero

and isn't born again DD established?
bb2.jpg

Hall is perfect.

Yup.

Posted these on an old thread years ago -seem kinda relevant at the moment:-

earthwios23.jpg

dexter_208_0138_thumbnail.jpg

normal_Dexter-Stills212_003.jpg

As you say - perfect.

Give Hall a call. :D

This past season of DEXTER I loved the episode where Dexter makes himself out to be The Devil to scare Colin Hanks' character.

First thing that came to mind when he referred to himself as The Devil was DD.

I say, keep Kingpin to make abolutely clear that this is a reboot, Karen as love interest and Mr. Hyde as primary villain.

Well Kingpin is pretty important in DD lore and its easier to write stories around Kingpin then other members of DD's rogues gallery. A movie featuring the Born Again story would need Kingpin as the main villain, for example. I also doing a gang war story in a movie is a good idea and again, you would need Kingpin to be involved in that story.

I like Mr. Hyde well enough, but he is a character who has only been written well occasionally. Sometimes he a sinister foe and other times he is treated as a punching bag. I'm not sure he could carry a whole movie. Could you write a plot around him for a 2 hour movie with 3 acts, a climax and a conclusion? Also I'm not sure Fox has the rights to Mr. Hyde.

I think it would be hard to write a story about the Silver Age Daredevil era, because Silver Age DD wasn't particularly well written.

Last edited:
I was just watching the DD movie yesterday, and one thing that really bothers me is that there is little or no explanation for most of his "powers." We know that he goes blind, and now he has that "radar" sense. Fine. But then how does he have the ability to jump 20 feet (or more) up into the air? He is still just human!

Michael C. Hall is a great actor, but he'd be a boring choice for Daredevil. Dexter is a law enforcement professional who takes justice into his own hands. Daredevil is the exact same thing! (minus the murder)

If I want to see Hall taking down villains, I'll watch Showtime every week. Give me an actor for Daredevil who doesn't basically already play Daredevil.

yeah because a laywer and a blood splatter expert is the same lol

How does he do it in the comics?

Isn't it the same explanation they gave in the movies where he's just trained really hard? They showed that in the film. They haven't exactly explained that properly in the comics either. I think it's a blind spot. :hehe:

Isn't it the same explanation they gave in the movies where he's just trained really hard? They showed that in the film. They haven't exactly explained that properly in the comics either. I think it's a blind spot. :hehe:
Blind spot? I see what you did there!

He trains really hard but he is still human!

Blind spot? I see what you did there!

He trains really hard but he is still human!

Which is why it's a blind spot. :oldrazz: They haven't explained how he can do that properly.

DD was trained in martial arts by Stick, same as Elektra.

That is one aspect they really need to cover thoroughly next time around.

I want better legal thrilling/drama this time around. Delving into this aspect of Matt's life and doing it well would really set it apart from the original version.

Everything was rather half assed to me in the original.

I want better legal thrilling/drama this time around. Delving into this aspect of Matt's life and doing it well would really set it apart from the original version.

Yeah, this needs to take a page from Law and Order where you get to see both sides. There should be a solid legal drama going on which ties into the main action plot. The legal side should be just as thrilling as the action.

I think irrc there was something Murdock did in the Director's Cut which might've been bad legal practice which would've been an elementary mistake that only beginning students would make. I forget what it is now because I haven't watched it for a few years. They need to get some proper legal advisors in for those scenes.

I don't think Stick was even in that DD movie.

He wasn't. He *was* in Elektra. But movie DD didn't refer to Stick at all. Hope to hell he appears in the reboot.

I think irrc there was something Murdock did in the Director's Cut which might've been bad legal practice which would've been an elementary mistake that only beginning students would make. I forget what it is now because I haven't watched it for a few years. They need to get some proper legal advisors in for those scenes.

Are you talking about the Sutton or Dante Jackson cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"