Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to say, with Fox on the path to redeeming themselves lately I am much happier with this announcement than I would have been a few years ago.

Plus Slade is a great choice, the guy can do dark and gritty, Hard Candy was a great movie and I really enjoyed 30 Days Of Night also, havent seen any of the Twilight movies but I believe his was the most critically acclaimed.

I wonder, having almost launched the career of Patrick Wilson will he eye him for the role of Matt Murdock? Think he would be a good choice also.

I don't plan on watching Twilight and I've never seen 30 Days of Night. I just hope that this turns out well. The source material seems like it could provide for an awesome movie (I've never read Born Again. I might have to pick it up).

Well, I have to say, with Fox on the path to redeeming themselves lately I am much happier with this announcement than I would have been a few years ago.

Plus Slade is a great choice, the guy can do dark and gritty, Hard Candy was a great movie and I really enjoyed 30 Days Of Night also, havent seen any of the Twilight movies but I believe his was the most critically acclaimed.

I wonder, having almost launched the career of Patrick Wilson will he eye him for the role of Matt Murdock? Think he would be a good choice also.
now that would be interesting.

I don't plan on watching Twilight and I've never seen 30 Days of Night. I just hope that this turns out well. The source material seems like it could provide for an awesome movie (I've never read Born Again. I might have to pick it up).

Born Again is fantastic and is one of Daredevil's most iconic and defining stories. (It was the first DD comic I've ever read)

Basically, Matt Murdock's former girlfriend Karen Page (his secretary in the first film) who's become a drug addict, sell's the information that Matt is Daredevil to a dealer. That information eventually makes it back to Wilson Fisk, who uses it to systematically destroy Matt's life.

It's quite a story.

Last edited:
30 days of night was beyond crazy good. no other vampire flick has come even close.
that aside, im very excited for this daredevil reboot, or at least im hoping its a reboot. i dont want any connection to the corny ben affleck film. i gotta say, much like the first hulk film, i liked them very much when they first came out but as the years went by i realized i just dont care for them. the incredible hulk was so good im hoping thats what they can do for daredevil, he deserves it. as far as villains are concerned i think they should try something different then bullseye and kingpin. i kno how important they are to dd, but leave them for a sequel instead of treading the same ground as before. this and a fantastic four reboot would be so cool to see if they were done right and werent corny popcorn flicks. im not expecting a piece of arty but the director and people involved should try their hardest to make a great film

Not pleased at all with this news. I suspect it'll be another rush job to both cash in on the fanboys and prevent the rights from reverting to Marvel. The choice of director is uninspired and confirms my suspicions. Hard Candy was a good film but 30 Minutes of Night was bland and the guy being a hired gun for the Twilight crap doesn't exactly give me a woody either.

Fox blows.:down

Hmm...I'll remain open minded. I would've loved if DD was back in Marvel's hands but at the same time I'm a huge Daredevil fan and glad he's getting the film treatment again. If handled correctly along with following the direction of Born Again the film could be good. We'll see...I think this one could go either way.

And Patrick Wilson is one of my top choices aside from Michael C. Hall. However in this article there's a link to a story about Garrett Hedlund being the top choice. No idea how true that is but this was also posted last week.

daredevilmax.jpg

Michael C. Hall as Matt? Good call!

Personally, I think the DD Director's Cut is vastly underrated and a very good film. I go so far as to completely ignore the theatrical version. If it wasn't for the cool DVD extras, I'd have thrown away my Daredevil Theatrical Release DVD long ago. Why they choose to release that instead is beyond reason.

I've never seen Hard Candy but everyone says it's great. I may have to watch that now.

Since Marvel has their hands more than full as a solo studio with Avengers type stuff, I don't mind Fox keeping these rights. I just hope they gave this enough time to shoot and give it proper financial support. Daredevil is one great character. The only bad thing about the rights not reverting back to Marvel is that DD would've made the perfect prime time TV show. Courtroom drama, action, sex appeal, CSI investigation... it has it all.

Daredevil is one of my favourite characters and Slade seems a solid director, but this feels more about keeping the rights than delivering the quality movie the character deserves.

I can't picture any big name actor would want to touch this role. Ben Affleck pretty much refers to it as a low point in his career. The character itself is a bit tainted not to mention this movie is only being made so Fox can keep its rights. If wasn't for the deadline i doubt this movie would be made within the next decade.

Born Again is fantastic and is one of Daredevil's most iconic and defining stories. (It was the first DD comic I've ever read)

Basically, Matt Murdock's former girlfriend Karen Page (his secretary in the first film) who's become a drug addict, sell's the information that Matt is Daredevil to a dealer. That information eventually makes it back to Wilson Fisk, who uses it to systematically destroy Matt's life.

It's quite a story.

:up:

As a big fan of the directors cut of the first, and a fan of the theatrical cut, I'm actually really excited to see MW/OF come back on screen. This could be an awesome storyline, especially cause daredevil makes my top ten, and the poor guy hasn't been seen in eight years.:csad:

I alway thought Matt Damon would have made a great DD.

Really liked Hard Candy and Eclispe was the best directed/best Twilight movie (I'm a fan of the series) but I really hated 30 Days of Night and Fox is still doing the film so...can't really be too excited. He's a decent director though and a far better choice than the last guy.

The origin story should be similiar to Daredevil:Yellow. Slade has one good movie under his belt. ( Hard Candy) I didnt care for his last two. I prefer Dave fincher as a director.

Idk who could play Murdock. I'm stuck on Guy Pearce. An unwise man once said Sam Worthington.

I like Chris Pine. But I think hes too boyish to be Matt

I hope they don't try to superhero it up too much. Daredevil works best as a grounded hero.

I'll have to wait and see what happens here. I'm still not really sold on it.

Yeah, I like this news, Hard Candy was great, and on a second watch, I appreciated 30days of night more, ok, it was not amazing, but it was a pretty good vamp movie, and the thing about it was he was able to conjure up a very good atmosphere suitable for the story, and maintain it throughout the movie, so that is a good thing for DD.

As for basing it on Born Again? I hope they do it quite faithfully, but they are going to have to change it a bit, they will not want Matt Murdock running around for the whole movie, and only putting the costume at the end like in the books. It would actually be very good if they did do it that way, but I guess they won't. But, anohter good thing is that Fox want their 'Dark Knight', Rothman said this after seeing TDK's success, hoping they could get someone to revitalise Dd like Nolan did with BM, so maybe they will actually allow a lot of the heavy moments in BA to remain intact.
Audiences would not know what hit them if they saw a faithful BA onscreen, it would be awesome.
and i'm glad they are going down a Incredible hulk/amazing spider-man route, not rebooting with an origin, but making the movie so it can be watched loosely in sequence after the last one.

Sucks the rights are still with fox but I cant say I'm surprised. Slade sounds like a decent choice to direct. I just hope it turns out like TIH and they don't redo his origin story.

:up:

As a big fan of the directors cut of the first, and a fan of the theatrical cut, I'm actually really excited to see MW/OF come back on screen. This could be an awesome storyline, especially cause daredevil makes my top ten, and the poor guy hasn't been seen in eight years.:csad:
Agreed. I've always been a huge Daredevil fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"