Dark/Evil Illuminati?

Am I the only one who hates that Loki is a woman? :huh: It just doesn't feel right. I just wish he'd turn back to a guy again. Would this make Loki a........transexual? Anyway, I think that this is next year's big event. I think we'll see some glimpses of the alliance but not what truly will come out of it til next year. I'm also wondering how Fury's return will affect SHIELD and Stark. Stark hasn't been the greatest leader when it came to negotiations with Thor and Namor so I wonder will Fury take the lead again.

Wanda: No. More. Events. :(

The idea of a evil version of the Illuminate is pretty interesting though...but why the Hood? Shouldn't like Mags be part of it or something...it should be filled with the oposites of the Illuminate.

Iron Man - Manderin
Mr. Fantastic - Dr. Doom
Black Bolt - Maximus
Xavier - Magneto
Namor - Tiger Shark
Dr. Strange - Baron Mordo

This should be the evil illuminate. :up:

The members are the opposites of Tony's Illuminati to some extent:

Iron Man - Doom (armor, super-genius)
Dr. Strange - Loki (mage)
Namor - Namor
Xavier - Emma (telepath)
Black Bolt - the Hood (if he's still the kingpin of villains, he's the leader of a very powerful group that's too influential to ignore)
Mr. Fantastic - ? (maybe that dude in the center that I didn't recognize?)
Am I the only one who hates that Loki is a woman? :huh: It just doesn't feel right. I just wish he'd turn back to a guy again. Would this make Loki a........transexual? Anyway, I think that this is next year's big event. I think we'll see some glimpses of the alliance but not what truly will come out of it til next year. I'm also wondering how Fury's return will affect SHIELD and Stark. Stark hasn't been the greatest leader when it came to negotiations with Thor and Namor so I wonder will Fury take the lead again.
I doubt it. It looks like Fury's just going to stick with his random bunch of super-kids for a while.

Loki as a woman does feel awkward, especially since I'm sure he'll go back to being a man at some point. Until then, he's a shapeshifter. Always has been. He's just decided he likes this new look more for some strange reason.

I was thinking more along the lines of their arch-enemies making up the evil illuminate sort of thing, which I think would work better.

Why is Emma on it? She isn't a villian any longer.:huh:

Wanda: No. More. Events. :(

The idea of a evil version of the Illuminate is pretty interesting though...but why the Hood? Shouldn't like Mags be part of it or something...it should be filled with the oposites of the Illuminate.

Iron Man - Manderin
Mr. Fantastic - Dr. Doom
Black Bolt - Maximus
Xavier - Magneto
Namor - Tiger Shark
Dr. Strange - Baron Mordo

This should be the evil illuminate. :up:

I'd probably put Attuma or Krang ahead of Tiger Shark...

I was thinking more along the lines of their arch-enemies making up the evil illuminate sort of thing, which I think would work better.

Don't know. I figure something's possessing her. I doubt they'd ignore all the work that's been done with her since way back in Generation X.

I'm glad they're not just the arch-enemies of Tony's Illuminati, myself. That's really boring and predictable.

I'd probably put Attuma or Krang ahead of Tiger Shark...

Actually Krang would work well.

I hope they don't destroy the Emma progress, since she is one of the better additions to the X-Men right now and she and Scott are more interesting to me than he ever was with Jean.

Maybe Shadow King?

The Shadow King's dead or stuck on the astral plane or something, isn't he?

He can posses minds though, and it might explain her involvement with the group.

I'm just throwing out ideas. It just bugs me that she would involve herself with this group of people willingly.

Well, like I said, she probably will be possessed or somehow not herself. Brubaker, Fraction, and Ellis are all using her, and as much weight as Bendis' name might carry around Marvel right now, theirs are still pretty huge too.

Well, like I said, she probably will be possessed or somehow not herself. Brubaker, Fraction, and Ellis are all using her, and as much weight as Bendis' name might carry around Marvel right now, theirs are still pretty huge too.

i bet Doom has nekkid pictures of Emma and Sasquatch doing the nasty, and is bribing her with that. :yay:

Yea, I don't see them allowing Bendis to mess up what Brubaker is doing, considering how great his stuff has been.

I'm interested to see what's going on. The being controlled thing is why I mentioned Shadow King. He is stuck on the astral plane, but he has the ability to posses minds, especially telepaths when caught off guard.

The members are the opposites of Tony's Illuminati to some extent:

Iron Man - Doom (armor, super-genius)
Dr. Strange - Loki (mage)
Namor - Namor
Xavier - Emma (telepath)
Black Bolt - the Hood (if he's still the kingpin of villains, he's the leader of a very powerful group that's too influential to ignore)
Mr. Fantastic - ? (maybe that dude in the center that I didn't recognize?)

The guy in the center is Ezekiel Stane, so I'd pair him with Iron Man and Doom with Reed, naturally.

Is it definitely Stane? The image isn't especially clear and I haven't seen anything officially stating the line-up.
Yea, I don't see them allowing Bendis to mess up what Brubaker is doing, considering how great his stuff has been.

I'm interested to see what's going on. The being controlled thing is why I mentioned Shadow King. He is stuck on the astral plane, but he has the ability to posses minds, especially telepaths when caught off guard.
Well, there's no shortage of mind-controllers. The Shadow King, a Mummudrai, a more powerful telepath, etc.

You saw the **** on Loki, right?

"The Illumi-Naughty" starring Screech and a dirty sanchez. :eek:

Don't know. I figure something's possessing her. I doubt they'd ignore all the work that's been done with her since way back in Generation X.

I'm glad they're not just the arch-enemies of Tony's Illuminati, myself. That's really boring and predictable.

He... "they" Corp? You act like this is some massive conspiracy between the writers, and editors to ensure the story makes good sense! In reality Bendis and one of his writer buddies had an idea that seemed good to them and they rolled with it! :woot:

In general, I guess it's true we don't know what's happening, that's true. I heard this was a one-shot, not a five issue series, so maybe they will all meet for some very specific, discrete reason? Maybe they do decide they can't work it out. I don't think this has to be a villainous Illuminati-- these aren't the best arch-villains for that purpose-- (save Doom, and to a small extent Loki).

Perhaps they represent something else. I mean, look at the Hood, he has long sought to be the king of crime for NY, the Hood may represent crime, Doom some sort of awkward governmental power, Namor is again looking out for his people, and stuff. Loki is always trying to spin something for her advantage... Emma could be there simply because her old connections allow it, she could be looking out for the Mutants so, I don't know what's going on. I do know if he makes Emma evil it would be upsetting to me, and I can see Bendis doing it. "Throughout all the x-books she was evil? Yep, she was just biding her time waiting on her chance to strike." I can see it!

And I don't consider Namor a villain either. No one said that this group would be an "evil" Illuminati. Go back and read the stuff that The Question and I have suggested for what we think the real intentions are behind these guys.

If this is an "evil" Illuminati that is going to try and save the world in their own way (especially with Dr. Doom, Namor, and the Hood), I personally think that Magneto would have been a much better option than Emma Frost. And with Magneto being a Holocaust survivor along with Dr. Doom's people being Holocaust victims, I think that they would work much better together.

However, since it has Loki (who's more villainous in the comics and even in the myths is portrayed as more of a bad guy), Dr. Doom's scene with the Red Skull, if that is Ezekiel Stane who is a psychotic terrorist, and the Hood taking control of New York City's supervillain community, I think that this is more of a full on villain Illuminati instead of an anti-villain Illuminati.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"