Sequels David Koepp in Talks for Spider-Man 4!

But the point is not why she took the role, it's that she wants to leave. If you've read any of her comments, she says she's not coming back except for crazy money. Sure she loves the crew, but she's done three movies of screaming and wondering if Peter is the right guy for her before making embarassing speeches. She doesn't want to do four.

I know why she hates the role. But, let's face it she needs these movies. The other films that she has done since Spider-Man haven't really done anything for her career. Except for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. If she does more films like that then she'll be okay. But, if she contines doing stuff like Marie Antoinette, Elizabethtown, and Wimbledon her career will be over by 30. She needs these films to make her an A-list actress.

Okay, we should definetly have a bet on that! I say Gwen is the love intrest in Spidey 4 and there will be no MJ at all.

I wouldn't say no MJ. But, Gwen as a love interest is possible. I think Peter will be involved with MJ, Gwen, and Felicia Hardy/Black Cat. Similar to the comics and FOX cartoon series. Then, he'll settle down with MJ and marry her.

shame hollywood isn't known for having cinema as a creative medium for writers and directors, but more of a producers medium.

That applies to summer blockbusters, but not Hollywood entirely.

SPIDER-MAN 4:

THE LIZARD (main villain) and KRAVEN THE HUNTER (secondary villain) and ELECTRO (seperate story). Using elements from the comic book story arc "Kraven's Last Hunt" as the blueprint. The end of the film could also bring back Doctor Octopus, as Afred Molina/Sam Raimi said he's optioned for SM3/SM4--and he's not in SM3.

Spider-Man 4?

Bring It On I say!

The only thing I have doubts about is that it has almost NO chance at all to be better than Spider-man 3, for a number of reasons:

1)Venom will not be there, most likely
2)Tobey, Sam, and Kirsten are most likely to not return (atleast not all 3 of them together)
3)The level of anticipation for SM3 is the most overwhelming thing I have ever seen...and if they can top that, then they have a masterpiece of masterpieces IMO

We all know that the #1 reason that the majority of fans want to see Spidey 3 is because of Venom, [blackout]and I think it is very safe to say that Venom dies in the third installment, from various reports and etc.[/blackout] so if Sony thinks they can top the excitement level of SM3, they're a little too high on their guesses...the ONLY thing IMO that could top this anticipation is to bring in Carnage, which apparently (due to many Hype users comments), would upset the majority of fans. Not me though, I'd LOVE to see Carnage, just not in a PG-13 film.

But, if they can create a good story involving The Lizard (very anticipated, just not half as much as Venom) and another one or two villains, then I'd say they'll definately have a good film on their hands...and a big handful of wildly waiting fans too. But, I just don't see any way possible for them to excite fans any more than they have...if they feel they CAN do that, then I'd absolutely love to see a Spidey 4...but it would have to be a very VERY good screenplay involving a VERY good storyline and most importantly, a good villain(s).

I'll still most definately see Spider-Man 4 of course, but I, among many fans, PROBABLY (I won't know until I hear the storyline for it) just won't be as excited for it. But, I believe in Sony...they've inspired me with their stories for Spider-Man 3...so I won't say it's a bad idea just yet.

CAH

SPIDER-MAN 4:

THE LIZARD (main villain) and KRAVEN THE HUNTER (secondary villain) and ELECTRO (seperate story). Using elements from the comic book story arc "Kraven's Last Hunt" as the blueprint. The end of the film could also bring back Doctor Octopus, as Afred Molina/Sam Raimi said he's optioned for SM3/SM4--and he's not in SM3.
Now ^THAT would be PERFECT.

But, we all know that that probably won't be the case...

CAH

Spider-Man 4?

Bring It On I say!

The only thing I have doubts about is that it has almost NO chance at all to be better than Spider-man 3, for a number of reasons:

1)Venom will not be there, most likely
2)Tobey, Sam, and Kirsten are most likely to not return (atleast not all 3 of them together)
3)The level of anticipation for SM3 is the most overwhelming thing I have ever seen...and if they can top that, then they have a masterpiece of masterpieces IMO

Don't count your chickens. We haven't even seen Spider-Man 3 yet. Audience anticipation is built up by simply good marketing. There were great expectations for Godzilla and Pearl Harbor as well.

Our source tells us that the studio is really excited about Spider-Man 3 after having seen a first cut of the movie.

:wow: That's fantastic news.

Be interesting to see how this all develops. Will Raimi and/or the primary cast be back? Mucho interestingo...

Want to know what could top the Venom hype?

...clone saga

:D

:wow: That's fantastic news.

Be interesting to see how this all develops. Will Raimi and/or the primary cast be back? Mucho interestingo...
Yeah it is fantastic, but remember, the Fox executives loved the first cut of X3

:csad:

Yeah it is fantastic, but remember, the Fox executives loved the first cut of X3

:csad:

I don't think X3 was that bad. The only bad thing they did with that movie is to kill off almost every mutant!! When it's over you feel like in a super hero funeral. Still, I liked it.

Ok, going back to the topic.

catman said:
Dunst will return if the cash is there.

You're probably right. Maybe if she doesn't like the story... like the clone saga... nonono, I don't wanna see that! :wow::wow: It would come too fantastic for SpiderMan. It should follow the classic villains.

D!

Nobody at all should be surprised this was expected they wouldn't throw away a license to print money. The only real question remaining is who is staying and who is going.

Nobody at all should be surprised this was expected they wouldn't throw away a license to print money. The only real question remaining is who is staying and who is going.
I really hope Tobey & Kirsten come back. I know Gwen'll be in it.

Want to know what could top the Venom hype?

...clone saga

:D

Hell no. Bad idea for a film. I could see the Man-Spider story thrown in only if they make it where Spider-Man and Connors are both trying to find a cure for their mutations. Otherwise, I don't want a Man-Spider story either.

I want to see Oded Fehr as Kraven the Hunter with The Lizard involved and maybe The Vulture (Ben Kingsley) and Scorpion (Peter Stormare) if they can fit them in. Otherwise, Kraven the Hunter, The Lizard, and maybe a cameo villain from Rhino or Shocker in the beginning would be nice.

I just think Raimi has made these films where the villain has some of connection to Parker. Doc Connors/The Lizard has that connection. The rest of Spidey's rogue gallery doesn't really got a connection to him unless Raimi opts to find some way to tie them to Spider-Man or someone close to him. Like if all of sudden Gwen stays alive in 3 and starts to date Max Dillon/Electro in 4 or something.

Raimi said he would love to do a fourth in the latest interview with Wizard magazine, so I'm pretty sure hell get the gig if he wants it, and if he does then maguire will follow suit I'm sure.

Why the script now? well two or three different reasons....

raimis too busy working on 3 to think about 4.
raimi may already know of this and has made some suggestions.
raimi may not have any idea where to go with 4, hence the studio are acting quickly to get 4 up and running.
koepp worked on 2 as well...so I'm sure he doesnt mind collaborating....
this time around theyll need a final shooting script....and theyll need it real quickly, as no actors are contractually obliged. I'm sure the script will have to kick arse to persaude maguire et al to return.

SPIDER-MAN 4:

Nah. I doubt we'll see three villains again. The ONLY reason Spidey 3 has three villains (four if you count symbiote) is because Avi Arad forced Venom into the story. I think Sam only wanted two villains. Harry because, well, we all knew it was coming and Sandman so things could be more interesting.

So, I think that's what we'll get in Spidey 4. We'll get Lizard because Curt Conners has been in two pictures now and they'll throw in another villain to spice things up. Maybe it'll be Kraven or maybe it'll be a more high-profile villain

How the **** can they even do the Lizard? All of the things that made the character were given to others.

Raimi said he would love to do a fourth in the latest interview with Wizard magazine, so I'm pretty sure hell get the gig if he wants it, and if he does then maguire will follow suit I'm sure.

Why the script now? well two or three different reasons....

raimis too busy working on 3 to think about 4.
raimi may already know of this and has made some suggestions.
raimi may not have any idea where to go with 4, hence the studio are acting quickly to get 4 up and running.
koepp worked on 2 as well...so I'm sure he doesnt mind collaborating....
this time around theyll need a final shooting script....and theyll need it real quickly, as no actors are contractually obliged. I'm sure the script will have to kick arse to persaude maguire et al to return.

Well Marvel has these films in development, and they would only have two or three comic book films a year. I wouldn't be surprised if a third Fantastic Four is made for 2009.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Ant-Man

Wolverine ?
Fantastic Four 3 ?

Spider-Man 4 ?

Luke Cage
Deathlok
Gargoyle
Magneto
Namor
The Punisher 2
Captain America
Nicky Fury/SHIELD
The Avengers

They could also need even more time to write a script that is comparable to to the previous ones and doesn't turn into B&R or Superman IV.

How the **** can they even do the Lizard? All of the things that made the character were given to others.

They'll have to re-invent the character. Maybe they'll call Tim Burton to give Lizard the Penguin treatment. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"