• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering all the drama on this forum with TeeKay just a day or so ago, I'm not going to believe the studio requested his post be taken down because he says so...

As it stands, the "spoilers" still contradict themselves, and nothing in the spoilers couldn't be put together from every interview and photo we ever got.

Next.

Agreed. My take on it is that whoever wrote those spoilers came up with some educated guesses based on the news and tid-bits, and some of it may have been right on the money. One in particular would be reason alone for Fox to want it taken down: [BLACKOUT]the reveal that the temple we've seen is where Apocalypse rises from at the end.[/BLACKOUT]

There's just too much in the rest of it that doesn't make sense to me for to take all of it too seriously atm. A bit of it does, but not all: [BLACKOUT]Wolverine, as the time travelling 'observer', has to wake up in his older body to see the future has been changed. Singer has already stated that, so the comatose thing doesn't make sense. Beast talking to old Mystique doesn't make sense. Jean Grey being in it doesn't make sense[/BLACKOUT]

The spoiled ending though....Yeah, that one does make sense, especially if
it is the change to the timeline that causes Apocalypse to awaken.

Yeah but there are other ways. Keeping them separate but brought back together eventually for another thing like this would only make sense if this is a hit right?

Or they could try to keep Ages consent to other films so fans of these films
would feel like they are being respected
If you have teenage Jean Grey In 1973 but if Last Stand takes place around 2013 that makes no sense

Wolverine despite hate from some may not be going anywhere
If they keep his mind In 1973 body

I just think it would be nice to split the timelines and get at least on new few film with the OT and continue with FC too rather than bring the OT back for this film only to say "they failed"

In all likelyhood if timeline Is split the only thing we would get In OT timeline would be sequel to the Wolverine.Future X-Men sequels and Spin-offs would
most likely be In new timeline.

For me it looks like:

Then it would look similar to my chronology theory.

You know I'm mighty intrigued to know who that little redhead with the GREY outfit is....

It probably is Jean. I think that's just a key/index to some of the 'life-line's' on that chart (hers will presumably stop with Last Stand). You can make out her head in-between First Class & X-Men (presumably referencing her 'first' appearance in the timeline at the start of X3).

Sorry but there Is no way I can buy X-Men In 2000,X2 In 2005,X-Men The Last
Stand In 2010,and The Wolverine In 2015
Sorry pal you need better glass, look at grey lines, not black pools:
X1 - 2005/2006
X2 - 2006/2007
X3 - 2007/2008
The Wolverine - 2013

Yeah but there are other ways. Keeping them separate but brought back together eventually for another thing like this would only make sense if this is a hit right?

They can't keep bringing back both casts though - it would become overkill. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

At some point, they have to make a decision on which cast to go with. This movie is the perfect time for that decision to be made so that the franchise can move forward.

Last edited:
Sorry but there Is no way I can buy X-Men In 2000,X2 In 2005,X-Men The Last
Stand In 2010,and The Wolverine In 2015

Yeah, the OT clearly took place in a much tighter timeframe than 10 years. A few weeks/months between X1 & X2 (that's even mentioned directly by Scott in X2), and maybe a few months from X2 to X3.

10 years makes no sense to me at all.

They can't keep bringing back both casts though - it would become overkill. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

At some point, they have to make a decision on which cast to go with. This movie is the perfect time for that decision to be made so that the franchise and move forward.
Yep, exactly. And I'd put my money on the First Class crew. The potential there is far bigger imo.

Sorry pal you need better glass, look at grey lines, not black pools:
X1 - 2005/2006
X2 - 2006/2007
X3 - 2007/2008
The Wolverine - 2013

Afaik The Wolverine is set one year after X3, and the post credits scene 2 years after that? I think Singer has already stated DOFP is taking place about 10 years after the OT, so if 2023 is when that is set (going by the virals it is) the OT all took place around 2012/2013.

It probably is Jean. I think that's just a key/index to some of the 'life-line's' on that chart (hers will presumably stop with Last Stand). You can make out her head in-between First Class & X-Men (presumably referencing her 'first' appearance in the timeline at the start of X3).
Yeah that's what I think too.

I find it interesting that they would make her one of the four little people as examples (along with Wolverine/Storm/Charles/Erik). Sort of an odd choice (although I'm not inclined to read anything into it).

It looks like who has appeared in the most films? minus mystique

Afaik The Wolverine is set one year after X3, and the post credits scene 2 years after that? I think Singer has already stated DOFP is taking place about 10 years after the OT, so if 2023 is when that is set (going by the virals it is) the OT all took place around 2012/2013.

No, Singer said 10+/- years after TLS, not exactly 10 years, and if Kitty is teenager in TLS and is 30 in 2023, then it's sure 10+ years.
Yukio searched Logan for one year, not The Wolverine is one year after TLS. She got Origins and TLS Logan's photos from Yashida's album, to know how Logan can look, so she could start to search him. She didn't make that TLS photos.

On a different note, the superbowl spots are appearing including adverts for Budweiser, but also Noah has just gone online. They seem to be releasing things before the superbowl :S so we can hope fox follows suit

I bet...we get a trailer the Tuesday after the Super Bowl. Didn't Fox do that with First Class?

First Class was Feb 10th.

On a different note, the superbowl spots are appearing including adverts for Budweiser, but also Noah has just gone online. They seem to be releasing things before the superbowl :S so we can hope fox follows suit
Don't expect anything here. It is very rare for one of the big tent poles to do this. This happens every year. Some of the "lesser" films release their spots early.

No, Singer said 10+/- years after TLS, not exactly 10 years, and if Kitty is teenager in TLS and is 30 in 2023, then it's sure 10+ years.
Yukio searched Logan for one year, not The Wolverine is one year after TLS. She got Origins and TLS Logan's photos from Yashida's album, to know how Logan can look, so she could start to search him. She didn't make that TLS photos.

Singer said the movie "takes place about ten years, give or take, after X-Men 3," with "give or take" generally meaning around that number (as it does), so it's around ten years after X3 (perhaps nine or eleven), but not fifteen or sixteen years like you seem to have suggested in your other post.

Back in the X-Men (2000) days, I ate up every piece of info I could. Can't even remember the website but every time there was a picture or blurb I wanted to know everything. Then for X2 I backed away a bit but still heard certain things, was incredibly surprised at A LOT of the events. The Jet scene was phenomenal and haven't felt that way about a sequence in a superhero film until the end battle in The Avengers. And having read or heard that Jean might go "blind," when she sacrifices herself, and the phoenix, oh my god.... So happy I didn't know any of that was coming.

Was it Corona/Coming Attractions? I used to frequent those boards back in 1999-2000!

****, I didn't even know we got 4 new stills from Empire. Threads are going so fast.

You should sign up for notification alerts for empire magazine on twitter too!

Using that logic, she could have started looking for him a year before TLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"