DC bringing back "The Titans"

Haha did you see the interview on CBR where Beechen basically apologized for what he did.

Batman and the Outsiders isn't bad. I dropped it because Dixon showed me he doesn't know how to write Batgirl, much like everyone else writing comics today, and the stories were kind of boring. But with Checkmate now in the hands of the inimitably horrendous Bruce Jones, BatO may be the only place to get somewhat decent superhero espionage for a while.

Oh, and add Blue Beetle and Booster Gold to your comic list before BatO or Titans, if you haven't already.

What this guy said.
After all our long hot nights of passion, and all I am to you is "this guy"? You wound me deep Corpy. I thought we had something :csad:

Look, I can't be chained down right now, all right? I'm young; I've got my whole life ahead of me. Just give me some space!

Pretty tangental but honestly Cassie being Lady Shiva's daughter annoys the **** out of me every time I see it mentioned. I almost wants to say that this somehow lies at the root of all the ****tacularity that has since been heaped upon her. The whole thing just reeks of "Nightcrawler is blue... Mystique is blue... LIGHT BULB!" shennanigans.

Also:

.“The first thing I did was make a list of everything, from Cassandra’s improved speech to her joining [Deathstroke’s] ‘Titans East,’ that seemed to puzzle readers,” Beechen explained. “Then I took that list to my editor, Mike Marts, along with an idea of a realistic context that ties everything together and makes sense. It was a giant game of connect-the-dots. And we were able to do it in such a way that doesn’t dismiss anything readers have seen. Cassandra killed. Cassandra teamed with [Deathstroke]. It wasn’t a dream or an imaginary story. We’re not washing anything away.

This makes me non-hopeful.

He's not making up for the crap he did to Cass. He's just going into further depth. :cmad:

The moment he had Cassandra kill anyone, he failed as a Batgirl writer.

He's not making up for the crap he did to Cass. He's just going into further depth. :cmad:

Iv'e decided that if I ever have the opportunity I'm going to take a **** in the middle of Adam Beechen's house. And then when he's pissed off about having **** in the middle of his house, I'm going to sit down and give him a lengthy and long-winded explanation of all the many circumstances leading up to the situation by which **** came to be located in the middle of his house. While making no effort whatsoever to actually clean up any of the ****.

Pretty tangental but honestly Cassie being Lady Shiva's daughter annoys the **** out of me every time I see it mentioned. I almost wants to say that this somehow lies at the root of all the ****tacularity that has since been heaped upon her. The whole thing just reeks of "Nightcrawler is blue... Mystique is blue... LIGHT BULB!" shennanigans.

When was this revealed? I quit reading her book probably somewhere in the early 20s...

But yeah, that seems a pretty stupid decision on DC's part.

Eh, it was pretty much expected. She found out in the last arc of her series.

In comparison to everything else, that seems kinda minor.

Yeah, I wasn't terribly happy about Shiva being her mom, but she's had far worse happen to her since.

I picture it as the pebble that struck the boulder that turned into the avalanche.

But it had nothing to do with Beechen completely ruining her character. Even when she found out she was Shiva's daughter, it just reaffirmed her ability to move beyond her past. She moved past Shiva, Cain, and even Batman by the end of her series. I think that's what bugs me so much about Beechen's complete ****wittage: her series left her in a great place, fully her own woman and ready to face the world on her terms... and then she's drugged and she kills a bunch of people.

Iv'e decided that if I ever have the opportunity I'm going to take a **** in the middle of Adam Beechen's house. And then when he's pissed off about having **** in the middle of his house, I'm going to sit down and give him a lengthy and long-winded explanation of all the many circumstances leading up to the situation by which **** came to be located in the middle of his house. While making no effort whatsoever to actually clean up any of the ****.
That's not what he's saying. See, what happened is, Adam Beechen **** in your house because it was his job, and someone told him to **** in your house. But now he's going to make it up to you by cleaning it up, explaining why it happened, etc. And he's not going to try and tell you it didn't happen. Because you know it did happen.

In what way is he cleaning it up?

Read the book and find out? I mean wow guys.

That's not what he's saying. See, what happened is, Adam Beechen **** in your house because it was his job, and someone told him to **** in your house. But now he's going to make it up to you by cleaning it up, explaining why it happened, etc. And he's not going to try and tell you it didn't happen. Because you know it did happen.

Did Cass still kill people? Then there's still ****. They don't need to do a four-issue mini belaboring the ****, they just need to get rid of it, and then there's no **** anymore.

It's not even difficult or complicated, just say it was antimatter-earth Batgirl or a kung-fu demon Ra's or somebody conjured up or whatever other thing and the real Batgirl was off meditating somewhere, and problem solved.

Mind control's not good enough? So, we're still pissed that Jay Garrick killed the old Mr. Terrific?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"