New Low Budget DCU Feature Films Coming From WB?

WW could have a great movie, the WW animated movie was awesome and I think definately showed the potential. That said, they'd have to cast well and

Upcoming DC movie cast spoiler
Gal Gadot is not the WW for a good WW solo film, or anything really but I'm not starting a conversation about that

I'd like to see DC do some smaller films, and maybe give some other talented people a try with writing/producing/etc. David Goyer does not need to have his hands in everything, and I'd say that even if I didn't think he sucks. It would be cool to see things like suicide Squad, JSA, Teen Titans, and a bunch of other cool DC groups/heroes.I think they could make good movies like that, but I'm not holding my breath.

They kind of need to use the cult heroe that make up the really memorable d-list to make these movies work.

Maybe some version of the Paul Kirk Manhunter could get a green light. The original story by Archie Goodwin is plenty cinematic and nourish, with just enough Sci-Fi elements to work.

And I was thinking...

Let's say that the Flash TV show or Arrow continue an upward trend in quality and ratings, does anybody else think that they could make small scale Direct to DVD movies with higher budgets to allow for more revenue generation?

I don't know if it quite makes sense, but any ideas on that?

He could potentially be so many DC characters, I could see him as:

John Stewart (Green Lantern)
Lobo
Darkseid
Black Adam (Unlikely though)

I'd be excited if he was Lobo. I thought that was excellent casting for the film when it was first announced.

John Stewart would be great, If all the rumors about Denzel Washington to play GL in the BvS is true... Then I'd much rather see Rock as Stewart than Denzel.

I can definitely see The Rock as the "Main Man" himself Lobo! He has the charisma, personality and action chops to pull him off! Or will he be involved in the Batman/Superman movie?

Great move by WB's/DC to get him on board regardless!

I wonder who would direct a Lobo film? Would Guy Ritchie return?

http://batman-news.com/2013/11/05/whats-dwayne-rock-johnson-warner-bros-ceo/

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/dwa...ting-with-warner-bros-about-a-dc-movie-182488

Rob Zombie. At least the action and the soundtrack would rock!

He could potentially be so many DC characters, I could see him as:

John Stewart (Green Lantern)
Lobo
Darkseid
Black Adam (Unlikely though)

I'd be excited if he was Lobo. I thought that was excellent casting for the film when it was first announced.

John Stewart would be great, If all the rumors about Denzel Washington to play GL in the BvS is true... Then I'd much rather see Rock as Stewart than Denzel.

I want Denzel for Lex Luthor!

I could see The Rock as Lobo, or Black Adam. Would actually prefer he be Lobo. Who knows maybe he'll be Icon

I'd LOVE to see The Rock as Black Adam. He'd be fantastic.

Some Suicide Squad script pages apparently leaked. Suicide squad is a movie that I would like to see and they could probably make it fairly cheap.

Amanda Waller in the script is described as in her 40's.

back to the OP,
I reckon Goyer is actually more suited to the Deathstroke and Suicide Squad type of characters, especially after seeing his efforts on the Blade films.

He tends to sacrifice character for ass-kicking, whereas Nolan goes the opposite way,
which is why I think they were a nice balance on the DK films and MOS.

I would love to see a decent GL film really, but the Flash needs a movie too.
The trick would be getting the right casting and the right feel for the film.
the Flash is not a dark hero, and if they tried the serious angle -which I thought
worked in MOS, as I've always thought of Superman as quite a serious guy-
anyway, that wouldn't work for the Flash, whose always been a very light-hearted character.

Anyone catch that episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon imagines himself as the Flash, running to the Grand Canyon to scream ? if a sitcom can pull off reasonable Flash effects, aint no reason WB big boys can't.

But, if Goyer can do for Deathstroke, or the Suicide Squad, what he did for Blade
(especially Blade Trinity which is a real guilty pleasure) well why not ?

of course we have, and for those who have not

remember that Green Arrow movie that was in the works about 5-6 years ago that had him breaking out of a super prison?

i think that would make for a pretty badass movie

I think that any potential GA movie is on indefinite hold on account of that hit TV show that he's currently the star of. It would be a cool movie, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. A Birds of Prey movie could be fantastic. I want one so bad that I guarantee that I'd see it twice, which is something that I've only done for three movies in my entire life.

of course we have, and for those who have not

LOL ! Thanks for posting that !
Ah that one always cracks me up. Although I'm not advocating for
Jim Parsons to be cast as the Flash. Still, a Flash film is overdue, he's one of those characters everyone's heard of, but only fans really know much
about. A good movie could change that, IMO. But I don't think Goyer is the guy to write that movie.

I know it ain't probably on the cards, but how cool would it be if one low budget movie was Animal Man? That would be cool

I know it ain't probably on the cards, but how cool would it be if one low budget movie was Animal Man? That would be cool

That'd be awesome. The new 52 storyline really turned him into a respectable character. I didn't care for him at all pre new 52

Yeah 52 would be a good approach. They shouldn't waste time low budget wise for the main dc heroes. They deserve a big budget. And that applies capt marvel too. Save low budget films for unknowns and bring them recognition

Animal Man- straight up 18 movie/ origin
Nightwing - like an arhkam game style but swap the prison itself for drug lords den ( sort of a dredd meets district 13 )
Cyborg- origin story showing him slowly becoming more machine

Just thinking about directors I'd like for these films:

2016: Sandman - Jonathan Glazer (Under the Skin), Team 7 - Pete Travis (Dredd)

2017: Booster Gold - Phil Lord & Chris Miller (The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street), Deathstroke - Gareth Evans (The Raid)

2018: Heaven Sent - Guillermo Del Toro (Pacific Rim), Suicide Squad - Joe Cornish (Attack the Block)

Last edited:
After reading this week's Justice League #28, I want a movie with these guys:

mmPIHFV.jpg

Seriously, they can simply take the storyline from that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"