DC plans to kill Batman

Yeah but those are a little more gimmicky than killing off Batman and replacing him with another character.

Is it really?????Lets face it we all know he wont stay dead!!!!Just like we all knew he would heal from having his back broken.......like we all knew that Superman would come back from the dead [both characters were replaced durring those stories] like we all knew that Colosuss and DR.Doom would come back from the dead.

We all know that Cap will be back sooner or later......its all a gimmic.

Is it really?????Lets face it we all know he wont stay dead!!!!Just like we all knew he would heal from having his back broken.......like we all knew that Superman would come back from the dead [both characters were replaced durring those stories] like we all knew that Colosuss and DR.Doom would come back from the dead.

We all know that Cap will be back sooner or later......its all a gimmic.

Exactly.

Hey DC... why not try and write intriguing story arcs for Batman than following a gimmic that's beyond reused. Pathetic.

2007_04_21_batman.png

:(

:csad: why?
Why?
And why Tim Drake or Jason Todd?
Grayson should take on the mantle!!!!

Tim has made it perfectly clear on a couple of occasions in the Teen Titans comic that he DOESN'T want to ever become the Batman.So, that rules him out.That leaves Dick or Jason, and I'd rather see Dick take over to be honest.Speaking of Bats dying...how many times has he been killed off (or suggested to have been killed)?

Will one person at least TRY to tell me how this could impact on the movie or in bringing new fans into the books because of the movie? what a load of bunk that is. And if it's a publicity stunt, so what? welcome to comics. Just make it ballsy and well written and all will be fine. Overall it will be more deliberate, consquencial and dramatic if it's the main line and not some Elseworlds 'nice idea' half effort. which means a better story all-around.

I want to see Jason take-over first and make promises to Alfred, Gordon and the Robins to "reform", i.e. no more destruction and killing. Then Dick has to decide whether he's okay with that, and if not, what's he gonna do about it. I expect Selina would have huge role somewhere too, like she'd go out on patrols with Tim Drake and stuff. And heaps of the old rogues would 'retire'.

Here is what I wrote about the movie over in the dc comics section with the same topic...

Just a thought here on people talking about a bad move to make it coincide with the film, well how about this....

How many new readers come in because of comic book films? Not that many, lets be honest. This isn't 1989 anymore. Now what would sell more books?
a) Having a movie come out
b) having a movie come out that coincides with the death of the character?

I'd say option b would make DC much more money the njust realeasing a movie and expecting new people to buy stuff because of it. Look at how far people were lined up for the death of superman now picture the lineups for the death of batman.

If they were to do it, I think Damian would be a much more likely successor to the cape and cowl than Tim or Dick. I mean, after all, they already did a possible future in Batman 666 with him as Batman. Love him or hate him, I think that's the route DC would go if they were to kill off Batman (and I sincerely hope they don't).

If they were to do it, I think Damian would be a much more likely successor to the cape and cowl than Tim or Dick. I mean, after all, they already did a possible future in Batman 666 with him as Batman. Love him or hate him, I think that's the route DC would go if they were to kill off Batman (and I sincerely hope they don't).

If they did kill him.. I'd pick Damian as the successor. I'd then love to see him and Tim but heads over it. Then throw in a little Jason and Dick in the mix.

But if you're going by #666, Damien mentions that he knows he knew he wouldn't be as good of a Batman as his father or Dick Grayson. So that would mean that Dick would be the first person to take over the costume, with Damien on deck. Where that leaves Tim I have no idea...

But if you're going by #666, Damien mentions that he knows he knew he wouldn't be as good of a Batman as his father or Dick Grayson. So that would mean that Dick would be the first person to take over the costume, with Damien on deck. Where that leaves Tim I have no idea...

Very true, but for whatever reason he still took on the role as Batman. As to where Dick and Tim where in this story? I honestly don't know, there's a whole lot of details I'm kind of fuzzy on in regards to that particular issue.

Very true, but for whatever reason he still took on the role as Batman. As to where Dick and Tim where in this story? I honestly don't know, there's a whole lot of details I'm kind of fuzzy on in regards to that particular issue.

Depending upon how they do it, IF THEY DO IT, they may just consider Batman #666 an Elseworlds tale or just retcon it.

Depending upon how they do it, IF THEY DO IT, they may just consider Batman #666 an Elseworlds tale or just retcon it.

I'm expecting the Elseworld route, just thought I would raise the possibility. Have they taken an official stance on 666 yet by the way?

I'm expecting the Elseworld route, just thought I would raise the possibility. Have they taken an official stance on 666 yet by the way?

I don't think so, I think they were playing with the idea to see how people took to it.

My official stance is that I'm trying to forget it ever happened. As for DC, I guess time will tell.

Maybe they'll have one of the Multi-verse Batmen replace the New Earth Bruce Wayne when he dies.

Here is what I wrote about the movie over in the dc comics section with the same topic...

Just a thought here on people talking about a bad move to make it coincide with the film, well how about this....

How many new readers come in because of comic book films? Not that many, lets be honest. This isn't 1989 anymore. Now what would sell more books?
a) Having a movie come out
b) having a movie come out that coincides with the death of the character?

I'd say option b would make DC much more money the njust realeasing a movie and expecting new people to buy stuff because of it. Look at how far people were lined up for the death of superman now picture the lineups for the death of batman.

Now here's a thought for you: Why don't we blame the decline of comicbook sales for many titles on lousy writing?

I think the 'Death of Superman' was just shocking in general because something like that had never happened before. To replicate it for Batman won't have the same effect IMO. Especially after the fact that Supes came back, it just cheapened the whole death thing and if they do the same thing to Bats, people are just going to wonder when he'll be back. The same way a lot of people are anticipating the return of Steve Rogers, even though Marvel says he is dead for good. In retrospect, it may boost sales a bit for a month, then the book will suffer in the long run. I doubt we will ever see anything like the 'Death of Superman' again. At least at that magnitude.

I think the 'Death of Superman' was just shocking in general because something like that had never happened before. /QUOTE]

actually, superman had dies before. but he came back in the same issue. those were the days.

It's obvious that DC is competing with Marvel killing off Cap. America. But the lesser hardcore fans that I've mentioned the news too were more shocked and bummed out about Batman than they were about Cap. But either way they do it if they don't send Batman out with a bang then DC's gonna lose alot of fans.

If they do it loads of people will read it because they are intrigued how it will play out, and that is a fact in my opinion. That everyone knows he will come back, at some point anyway, will be irrelevant.

I think it is a good idea from DC, because i think it will create a spike in sales.

As for the story aspect of it, i would welcome a new Batman no 1. Just as long as they have a long term plan, that it is based in a reality(as in, please don't mention IC!), that it goes back to basics, and that Grant Morrison doesn't write it.

With a new no.1, they just need to keep it simple and write a kickass, thrilling, engaging storyline and give us characters and characterisation that we care about. And let Neal Adams kick it all off!

Killing off a guy and getting his sidekick to take his place. Wonder where they got that idea?

I hope it's out a crossover. I don't know how good those Infinite Crisiseses things are, but having Cap die after that monstrosity was insulting.

Aintitcoolnews was right about that, they should stopped it and issued an apology.

If they avoid what Marvel has been doing and make it a decent story it should work.

death and ressurection is so cliche these days . it s pointless.

I wanna see it and I'm sorry I love batman and Bruce wayne is Batman but I wanna see something new for a change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"