DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my disappointment isn't because it's Power Girl and Huntress, or that it's the real Huntress and not the Bertellini replacement-my issue is what's in the article-that it isn't even close to the Pre-Crisis Earth-Two, and that they were not Huntress and Power Girl on Earth-2.

They can have Helena B. on the DCnU Earth, but they need to keep at least one old continuity intact. And since the JSA is the only series they have that requires a bit of active interest in history, they should go with it. Let all the other new books be for the newbies, let the Earth-Two comics be for people who actually have an interest in comics before 1985 and an interest in the history of comics and the characters.

That said, I'm not sure there are many people who can write comics on an uplifting and positive manner, so perhaps it's a blessing in disguise. I'd rather see no Earth-2 then see the classic Earth-Two awash in death, gore, rape, mutilation and misery.

Apart from the awful Cry for Justice James Robinson's work is usually free of gratuitous gore and violence so I don't think that Earth 2 will be full of all that stuff Kurosawa

I hope so.

I'd like to see Earth-Two as the one Earth where superheroes make a positive difference and are loved. Pre-Crisis there were historical differences between Earth-Two and the real world that were interesting. McCarthy dying in a car wreck in 1949, Apartheid in South Africa ending in 1979 due to negotiations led by Richard Grayson, Quebec seceding from Canada and forming it's own nation, Atlantis being raised back from the sea. It'd be cool to see an alternate world where the differences are actually positive.

How is Quebec seceding from Canada positive? Also, why does Quebec want to seceded from Canada?

Heroes are mostly loved on the main DCU earth as well apart from Aquaman who everyone is mean to for some reason :csad:

It's really the marvel universe where all of the general public act like dbags to heroes and run around with signs insulting mutants and superheroes even though they save the world all the time

They consider themselves more French than British, which becomes immediately apparent when you see/hear how they treat English speakers. So they've entertained this idea of secession.

Or something. Quebec is a province of weirdos.

Québec thinks that by becoming a sovereign state, they can better maintain their French culture.

It's all BS if you ask m...

:yay:

Mostly it's just something that made Earth-Two different.

Honestly, that could happen in real life and most people wouldn't give a s**t. :o

You know what would be impressive? If Teddy Knight started a colony on the effin' Moon. :o

Last edited:
You have to take a look at the people in charge of DC now though. Jim Lee and Bob Harras are in positions of power and are mining the old Image farm for talent like Lee himself, Greg Capullo, David Finch, and Tyler Kirkham. It's no surprise that they recruited Liefeld. And personally, I think that DC is testing to see how well he fits.
Mmh, I can't believe that, I really can't. But you know, I had never occured to me. I hadn't notice the link between all these, even if I was aware that they were currently back in the business. What you are saying makes complete sense, but I can not believe it.
I'm fine with Capullo and Finch. Well, ok Kirkham too maybe. But Liefeld? LIEFELD? :BA

Mmh, I can't believe that, I really can't. But you know, I had never occured to me. I hadn't notice the link between all these, even if I was aware that they were currently back in the business. What you are saying makes complete sense, but I can not believe it.
I'm fine with Capullo and Finch. Well, ok Kirkham too maybe. But Liefeld? LIEFELD? :BA

It's the only explanation that makes any sense. Why else would DC hire Liefeld if it weren't for the ties he has with Lee and Harras? Same thing with Scott Lobdell and Howard Mackie, if it weren't for their ties with Harras, I doubt that they would have any work lined up for them.

Teen Titans and Animal Man are getting Annuals in May.

But the moon is full of evil rock spiders :ninja:

Apollo 18 taught us this

And by the time Ted f**king Knight got through with em, they'd be either domesticated Moon Spider pets, or extinct....the choice is theirs. :o

Honestly, I don't think I would've had much interest in it even if it was Batman and Supes.

Superman/Batman showed glimpses of being an absolutely awesome anthology series and time and time again DC let it drop in quality by using subpar creative teams and consistently having a lack of solid editorial direction.
But when it was good, it was really f***ing good.

esther01.jpg

:awesome:

Yeah, Green and Johnson's run was great. They never should've taken them off of it.

esther01.jpg

Best story arc of that entire series. That and the Sorcerer Kings are the only issues I own from that series. My brother was the one who got the series and let me have the ones I wanted.

Best story arc of that entire series. That and the Sorcerer Kings are the only issues I own from that series. My brother was the one who got the series and let me have the ones I wanted.

I think that's the arc Chriscross did the art for? Only reason I picked it up...still have to finish reading it.

And by the time Ted f**king Knight got through with em, they'd be either domesticated Moon Spider pets, or extinct....the choice is theirs. :o

Ted Knight shall tame the Moon Spiders! :awesome:

esther01.jpg

This was the greatest story ever written :up:

hippie_hunter said:
Teen Titans and Animal Man are getting Annuals in May.

I am definitely going to be checking those out :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"