DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue just had far too much prose in it. It distracted me away from the art and it felt like a chore to read. The only thing that was worse was Grant Morrison's all out prose issue of Batman. If I want to read that much in a comic, I'll just pick up a damn book. Also, while I usually love J.H. Williams' layouts, it felt far too disjointed in this issue.

And it's a damn shame because the art is beautiful, Batwoman and Wonder Woman teaming up is awesome, the story is great, and whatnot, but the scenes that just had far too much prose absolutely ruined it and trying to figure out what order to read it in, threw me off.

Ah, fair enough our tastes are just different here. I enjoy a lot of prose in comics and liked the thought boxes with Kate, Diana and Jacob and Bette, letting us see their pov and their thoughts on the events going on around them

So i dug the prose in this issue and liked how Williams wrote the various characters internal monologues :)

Sorry that you weren't as big of a fan of the prose hippie hunter. I hope it doesnt spoil your enjoyment of the story which is, as you say, awesome

Awesome sauce :atp:

The newest issue of Batwoman wasn't my cup of tea either, and I agree that the missing children plot has been dragged out way too long. My interest in the title comes and goes and I tend to find my favorite portions are not dealing with the missing children story. I like the villains (well, the Weeping Lady and Mary) and I like the whole Flamebird thing and Kate's training in issue 0, but the core story bores me. This Wonder Woman thing does even less.

I'm hanging on because I do enjoy the title but it's slipping down my buy list fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"