DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's like 50 of those artists working professionally today.

Last edited:
Stormwatch was :awesome: this month

I dug seeing lots more of Apollo and Midnighter in this issue as they're the characters I be buying this series to read about

And seeing Etrigan make his first appearance in the modern dcu was neat as well

Looks like his betrayal of the Demon Knights over in that series was genuine judging from his current situation

Though I was a bit dissapointed that he still doesn't rhyme all the time :(

Rob Liefeld is tweeting that DC will announce new books for Tomasi, Meltzer, and Bryan Hitch. There is something new for Superman, a new Batman/Superman book, and Legion Lost, Blue Beetle, Grifter, and Frankenstein are getting canned.

I'm assuming the new Superman book will be the Scott Snyder "Man of Steel" series, which I am all for. Batman/Superman could also be a good one, depending on the creative team.

Demon Knights was really really good this week. I loved Vandal Savage's total lack of giving a damn about being trapped in bad place by Etrigan and Shining Knight was so bad ash

Poor Horsewoman though :(

I'm betting this arc is going to lead to Etrigan being in the situation he's in over in Stormwatch

And it looks like Eclipso is going to be turning up in the new DCU from the looks of things :wow:

Rob Liefeld is tweeting that DC will announce new books for Tomasi, Meltzer, and Bryan Hitch. There is something new for Superman, a new Batman/Superman book, and Legion Lost, Blue Beetle, Grifter, and Frankenstein are getting canned.

I'm going to miss Frankenstein :(

That book was wacky

Stormwatch was :awesome: this month

I dug seeing lots more of Apollo and Midnighter in this issue as they're the characters I be buying this series to read about

And seeing Etrigan make his first appearance in the modern dcu was neat as well

Looks like his betrayal of the Demon Knights over in that series was genuine judging from his current situation

Though I was a bit dissapointed that he still doesn't rhyme all the time :(

I read this post right before going to the comic shop. Due to it I saw the issue on the shelf and figured, what the heck? I bought it, read it, and loved it. Is this series always this good?

Why cant DC just give us a Trinity book instead of the usual Batman/Superman book.

Cuz they don't really like Wonder Woman's Vagina

I read this post right before going to the comic shop. Due to it I saw the issue on the shelf and figured, what the heck? I bought it, read it, and loved it. Is this series always this good?

I think this months issue has been the best of the new series so far but i'd recommend getting the back issues of the series so far too

Glad you dug it :up:

So out of curiosity is the new superman team going to be worth getting?

I'm one of the few people that hates Tony Daniel's art as much as I hate his writing. I'll be passing on it.

So Cornell is leaving Demon Knights :(

I'll give the new writer a couple of issues to convince me I should keep buying it but I've never even heard of him so I cant say I'm optimistic

Kieth Giffen has confirmed that Blue Beetle is getting cancelled and that the character will be moving onto his new comic Threshold. As for Cornell leaving Demon Knights, typically that would cause me to drop the comic, but it looks like Vendetti has some good ideas so I'll stick around. With Cornell gone, it's a dead book walking so it'll be gone soon anyways.

Threshold should be more than a fitting replacement for Frankenstein. It sounds awesome.

I will definitely be trying Threshold. Giffen and cosmic stuff go together supremely well.

It an awful title though.

I'm going to miss Frankenstein :(

That book was wacky

This news makes me sad. Frankenstein was one of the best books in my pull list.

The recent issue wasn't too great but I think it is because I'm too burned out from how long Rotworld has taken to get to Rotworld that with having Frank involved I don't like it. I wish he was doing a more wacky mission unrelated to Rotworld right now.

Yep I'm not really interested in this Rotworld stuff either

Years of reading X men means I honestly cannot take another dark future story in comics :o

I will definitely be trying Threshold. Giffen and cosmic stuff go together supremely well.

If its as good as Annihilation was I will be checking it out :up:

so I finally got around to reading Phantom Stranger #1. and finally........Raven.......has come back........to the DCnU!!!

although I'm curious, when ( and where ) will the Raven/Trigon story continue?

it seemed to be setting up some major storyline or something........

Raven will be in Teen Titans 16, yo.

R.I.P. Grifter, Blue Beetle, Legion Lost, and Frankenstein.

Threshold will launch in January, taking the spot left by GI Combat. JLA will launch in February. So, either it won't be the New 52 for a bit or we have some announcements coming.

The annual for New Guardians and the final issue of Blue Beetle will lead directly into Threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"