DC Vs Mortal Kombat?

That's true Fox is owned by Rothman and all he cares is about making Money and ruining great franchises. Warner Bros gives us great and satisfying films.

Excited about MK9 and WB, but wish we could have released DLC for MKvsDC. Here's a peek.

quanchimkvsdc.jpg

twitter.com

Nice!!! looks like there is hope for DLC content afterall!

Nice!!! looks like there is hope for DLC content afterall!

Actually, no. Boon said he whishes they could have released DLC, so that means they won't. Good thing is that it seems like they'll keep working on an M rated MK 9, even if WB bought them.

That "wish we could have" bit bugs me. Like they were working on it but got cut short.

Who do you guys think would be the DC equivalent of Quan Chi? Dr. Light maybe? Black Adam? I know Faustus can't be playable so Ares? Mordu?

Sorry guys...http://kotaku.com/5309360/the-mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-dlc-that-couldve-been

The Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe DLC That Could've Been

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe's roster of "kombatants" was missing some key names on both sides. That was something series co-creator Ed Boon and the MK team had hoped to address with downloadable content, which never happened.

Boon had hinted at appearances from characters like Kung Lao and Doomsday in interviews, showing designs for one MK Vs. DC character that was planned for release, Quan Chi, first introduced in Mortal Kombat 4. The MK team lead released a render of the Mortal Kombat character via his Twitter today.

Will we ever see characters like Lobo, Quan Chi and [insert your favorite MK/DC character] added to the crossover fighter? According to Boon, "right now I don't see it happening," despite the fact that he writes those additional downloadable characters were "just about done."

With work progressing on Mortal Kombat 9 and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe now eight months old, we'd guess that Midway and new owners Warner Bros. won't see the value in dedicating more resources to such a thing. Shame.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEe. :(

LAME! Quan Chi is awesome and we deserved that DLC :(

Too bad, I really felt that it was an interesting cross over in the beginning especially because I have always been a fan of both DC and MK.

sucks big-time...MK/DC is great and would have been even better with more characters

nothing beats MK trilogy though, I hacked my PSP to be able to play PS1 games and that is the coolest game I have on it

Yeah, like I'm going to believe anything that snake says.

First he told us there wouldn't be DLC and that the entire game would be ready from box. Then he tells us that DLC is coming and that they "dont have to work on it" because it's already in the game and just needed to be "unlocked". Now he says that right when the DLC was just about to be finished and released they got the plug pulled.
:whatever:

Ed Boon is a joke.

Yeah I gotta agree that Ed Boon constantly, constantly, says things that aren't true

I told you guys. Ed Boon is so full of ****. I wouldn't be surprised if MK9 isn't even in development whatsoever.

Haha I've been thinking that they haven't even started. He's probably just voicing his thoughts on how it will be and when the game comes out years from now.

We've received confirmation this morning that the name Midway Games is no more after today. The company will drop it's almost fifty year old name, and continue operations under a Warner Bros. moniker effective Monday July 13th, 2009. It is likely they will be operating now under the Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment moniker, but I haven't heard that officially yet. Development of Mortal Kombat 9 should be unchanged but will just continue under the new company name. I'd also expect to see re-releases of any of intellectual property purchased by Warner Brothers earlier this month without the Midway name attached to it.

Additional confirmation can be seen from a few of the Mortal Kombat developers on Twitter. Both Hector Sanchez and Hans Lo have put out their own tributes to the company name on their feeds today.

As someone who grew up with the Midway name being on most of my favorite games at the arcades, and later on the home video game consoles, this is quite an end to an era. I was always proud that Midway Games was centered in Chicago. Because of that, I got to see a lot of arcade games early because of the location testing at our local arcades. In my opinion, I think the name was perfect, and had such a vast storied history there is no reason to throw that away. Midway Games as a name will truly be missed, and will sadly have to go into the history books without being given a chance to make a better name for itself under it's tenure being owned by Warner Bros.

We'll post more as we know more. But remember, Mortal Kombat 9 development continues, just the name of the company on the box changes.

http://www.trmk.org/news/12662/rip_midway_games_19582009_in_name_only.html

Haha I've been thinking that they haven't even started. He's probably just voicing his thoughts on how it will be and when the game comes out years from now.
According to Chris Casamassa, who played Scorpion in the first movie and Mortal Kombat Conquest, interviewed by the San Gabriel Tribune, the filming of the new movie will begin in September.

According to Chris Casamassa, who played Scorpion in the first movie and Mortal Kombat Conquest, interviewed by the San Gabriel Tribune, the filming of the new movie will begin in September.

Yeah, I believe that. :whatever:

No, he's full of it. WB owns the series now. They're had no involvement in a film and they aren't going to have one ready by September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"