DC Vs Mortal Kombat?

could anyone give me some tips on beating scorpion as captain marvel

Figure I'd post in here since there is no overall Mortal Kombat thread, but what are you all's Top 10 [or less] Fatalities? From any of the games.

triangle, circle, up, left, and then a step to the right...lets do the time warp agaaaaaaain

The Mortal Kombat That Should Have Been

Ex-Midway artist Vincent Proce went back to the drawing board for a pitched, but ultimately rejected visual reboot of the developer's venerable Mortal Kombat franchise, posting the results of that back-to-basics design plan on his personal blog.

Proce, who contributed to Midway's final fighting game (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe) before being snapped up by Warner Bros, wrote that the re-imagining of the MK franchise proposed "mixing modern muti-player and dismemberment game design with the original fighting mechanic." The artist's take on four Mortal Kombat mainstays—Raiden, Kano, Scorpion and Sonya Blade—are dramatic, gritty and, for the most part, a welcome change.

Proce describes his Scorpion as "a wraith wearing the yellow blood of the demon" that resurrected him, his Kano as "half Japanese half US military bad ass." His Sonya, which will likely draw the most criticism, was redesigned as "the daughter of a Texas Ranger who's sex appeal weakens her opponents while her Special Forces training kicks their asses." Finally, his Raiden pitch portrays "a god [whose] feet rarely touch the ground."

We're not sure what direction the Mortal Kombat team is taking the series at its new home, but I'm personally hoping it's more along these lines—a darker, more dramatic, less comic book-like treatment with a pared down cast—than what we got with Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. I enjoyed that game as much as the next guy, but I like my MK with a little less Wonder Woman.

Source

Those all look awful, in the most 90's "EXTREME!" Rob Leifeldian kind of way imaginable. Sonya being naked and covered in skanky tattoos is terrible, Raiden has a ridiculous hate and hip hop pants, Kano looks like a caveman, and Scorpions "IT'S YELLOW BUT IT'S TOTALLY DEMON BLOOD! YEAH! LET'S GET SOME F**KING MOUNTAIN DEW! EXTREME!" crap is awful. I'm very, very happy this never got made.

I think his Sonya looks good, but other than that, I'm glad Midway sticked with the original design over these radical reimagining of Mortal Kombat.

Btw, I'm thinking about picking this game up cheap from Ebay, but I'm guessing that no one plays online now, or is there still online multiplayer?

Umm...Raiden has ALWAYS had that hat. And how are they hip hop pants?

I think Scorpion looks cool too.

I like all of those designs except for Sonya, who looks like she is fighting in underwear. Kano looks almost like he did in MK1, just rougher. Raiden looks more godly and his headwear reminds me more of those guys from Big Trouble in Little China, which isn't bad. Scorpion, his skin tone really makes him look like a corpse and I like how the yellow looks like he's drenched in blood.

I hate to say it but MK sucks. The series was so great in the 90s, but has failed to stay competetive and keep up up with what else is out there. No matter how much they try to reinvent it, it still feels date and inferior to the other fighters which have long since taken its spot as one of the best. I dont get why they've had such a tough time when SF IV came out of nowhere and became the bst fighter with minimal changes to its core gameplay and mechanics. Maybe they should consider giving the series to a new developer to create, take it in a different genre or just let the franchise die. MK is like the Sonic of fighters

Umm...Raiden has ALWAYS had that hat. And how are they hip hop pants?

I think Scorpion looks cool too.

His hat has NEVER gone down so far that it covers his entire face, what the f**k are you talking about? And his clothes are baggy as s**t, as opposed to his usual kung fu robe thing.

The Raiden one really stands out, it's terribly done compared to the other three.

Sonya's thongs seem unnecessary, maybe hotpants instead? I gotta say i like the Scorpion design alot.

It's pretty much his MK1 look, but now he actually looks undead. I like how he looks like a oldschool Ninja.

Scorpion looks pretty cool, the rest look pretty crap. I'd still bang that Sonya though. :o

Those designs and "rethinking" are about as comic book-like as you can get.

Not a good comic book, though. Like Joker said about the "Rob Leifeldian" approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"