DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 2: "The Justice Society of America"

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by herolee10, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]

EXTENDED PROMO
    [YT]mEgn7fhelSE[/YT]

2. Blitzkrieg Registered

3. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the JSA are done well. I mean, they can be cheesy, that's fine, just as long as they are good cheesy. Also, I'd like some vague justification for why they aren't public knowledge in the 21st century. Bonus points if its "Well, looking at the records, they technically are, in a low profile, urban legend kind of way. I think we may have created them sometime amidst our time travel antics."

4. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

The reason I am looking forward to this episode is because of the JSA. We're getting somewhat of a full-fledged one since Smallville.

If only Flash Jay Garrick join the JSA, I'd be happy.

5. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Gotta say Routh is starting to look more and more Superman-ish. I really think he could be a pretty good Supes nowadays.

6. NotNickFury Registered

I would think that the JSA seeing these strangers use supernatural abilities would have them instantly believe them, or at least take their word that they weren't just spouting nonsense.

7. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

This should have been the true season premiere instead of last week.

8. NotNickFury Registered

It would have been a better transition from the end of Season One, yes. In hindsight, you could have switched some things around and have Damien and Reverse Flash in the second episode.

9. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Much better episode than last week.

10. zenith16 Registered

wow Rex didn't last long palmer created the second meta human from world war 2 who's from his time so we have citizen thanks to that. as I said sara was made leader til they find Rip ( the latter of which who's leader ship and chose impaired due to the time masters ).

11. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

This show just isn't the same without Rip. They need to lose the historian jabroni and bring back Rip.

12. zenith16 Registered

super human. Not super natural . super natural doesn't count here with those from rip's ship when their powers are from science. un like their vixen which counts super natural magic related.

And then there's star girl with her staff which is science based . So the reason they the (Jsa) weren't shocked is cause of their two female members that have power of serious sort's one not magic but science based and one magic based.

13. herolee10 No More Miracles

Am I the only one who hopes that the show will at least give something important or make something important out of Ray? I feel like he hasn't been utilized much and doesn't come off as relevant to the group like every other member.

Plus, I can't believe that they made Sara, a former assassin, into the group's temporary leader.

14. zenith16 Registered

Well if it wasn't for that historian / time detective ( who out smarted star city pd's detectives by finding out who oliver is) they wouldn't be alive and they wouldn't be able find Rip cause of Rip's wn stupid mistake of sending his crew to time period's where they'd be dead. prehistoric time and the time period's where they burn witch's come on rip? the heck?

well the time master's made him that way in the show. We saw that when we saw his wife was the smarter captain tactically.

#14 zenith16, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  15. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I enjoyed the episode more than the first.

16. SV Fan Registered

One thing that bothered me about this episode is if they are trying to be somewhat historically accurate, no way in hell would black people be allowed into a Nazi club in 1942. It really doesn't take a history expert either to figure that out

17. zenith16 Registered

nope that's not completely true there were black's that were allowed in France clubs where the nazi's frequented befor they took over war wise full swing , but they were people that were musician's and they had the credentials and needed to show them . orginally those clubs were even owned by those nazi's ether they just bully ed there way there throwing military weight around but they didn't own any of those places.

the problem here is this wasn't show case with in this episode at all. this was even shown in the Canadian show X company based on the cia's creation and use of training Felicity in canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Company

#17 zenith16, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  18. britmotley Registered

Thrilled about the JSA,then totally underwhelmed by them in the show
    Steel Senior was so badly done and nothing like the comic version at all.
    Dr Mid Nite might as well not even have been there,terrible actor
    Star Girl looked great,but had no dialogue
    HourMan,no mention of his pills or his 60 min limit
    Obsidian was pretty good using his powers
    Vixen,nothing spectacular,but we have already seen a later version

Here's hoping we see some different JSA members as the season goes on

19. zenith16 Registered

can't say I didn't see it coming I always said this was her show. when they made it. basically a vehicle there may be and ensemble cast. how I know who the fave is. since she's a created fro tv character by the show runner.

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

IF anything, it feels like the two leads of the show is Ray and Sara at this point in time (no pun intended).

21. zenith16 Registered

Hmm, I'm not sure about ray. but it was always sara as the writers fave's and while there was snart they wrote him off . So who know's, I think it's just who they like character wise. Especially if it's their own creation they will really push that first and for most as we saw with arrow. ahem.

Besides it looks like they want to kill ray at times. lol no one knows with the writers unless they're not pushing them heavy to the audience Not the I'm trying to kill you way , but in a I'll make cool way.

which is what they are doing with sara. they are always pushing in the cool way.

22. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Of course they are as they're from Arrow. You need Atom Ray Palmer to sell the series since he's the most well-known superhero of this show.

23. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

This season isn't capturing my interest as much as S1. The JSA was wasted for the most part and the cgi was cringe worthy.

24. LoganGambit87 Registered

Obsidian is a Boss:mnm:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Steelsheen Head Geek of Nerdtopia

well its a fun ep thats for sure. i like how they compared the dynamics of a well oiled machine (Team JSA) versus "the expendables" (Team Legends) still trying to gain traction as a group.

i do agree that the JSA feel underwhelming, even their big fight sequence, and i feel this is mostly to do with the editing. its the rushed / disjointed storytelling that always gets to me, and i understand that they only have an hour (less?) to tell the story comprising of nearly 20 people. they need to sort the pacing because this affects the season week to week.

strangely enough im more pumped to see Legion of Doom getting together :mrgreen: Damien Dhark and Reverse Flash pumps up the energy on screen whenever theyre on, imagine when the rest of the team joins them.

anyway, 4 night cross over is nearing. man this season is gonna be lit! :D