Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 4: "Phone Home"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
The Legends learn that Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will die because they broke time, causing them to race back to 1988 to try and save his life. When they arrive, they are surprised to learn that young Ray Palmer has befriended a time-displaced baby Dominator putting him in harm’s way with the government and the Dominator’s mother. New to the ship and missions, Zari (Tala Ashe) must find her place and learn to trust the team. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) begins working on a secret project on the ship which makes Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Jax (Franz Drameh) suspicious.

[YT]rx6VRpkc8iM[/YT]

Young Ray threatened by government men!

I know it wasn't intentional, but it's pretty coincidental timing that the Legends are going back to the 80s right on the heels of the new season of Stranger Things.

But...I missed it. How'd they get Ray again so soon after he vanished?

They went back in time to the day before he died, so he reappeared as an adult.

They went back in time to the day before he died, so he reappeared as an adult.

Yeah that makes no sense but whatever.

They face Dominators once and now those things just pop up in the strangest of places.

Traveling back to a time before Ray was killed doesn't change the "future" where he was killed until they actually change the "future". The writers really failed there.

I don't know how many young boys in the 80s watched musicals on their VCR...nor do I remember any VCR having that good of quality on a tape, but okay. Also, Mick is easily getting the best lines of the episode so far.

Yeah I am pretty much over Nate after this. Especially over him/Amaya.

The song and dance actually makes him creepier than him just killing people.

Okay, Legends, the ET reference is fine, but you don't have to actually call attention to it.

This episode has been hilarious.

These writers are not suited to write time travel stories.

This was a cross between Back To The Future and ET. I don't think Sara got to face a Dominator in last year's crossover as they seemed to be making up for it.

This was a fun one-off Halloween episode full of 80s nostalgia. I felt the humor worked better than usual and there were some genuinely touching moments as well.

Very funny and fun episode. They worked in so many 80's references (a DeLorean!).

Also loved Nate and the Mominator. "Is there a cougar on the premises?" :funny:

These writers are not suited to write time travel stories.

This was a cross between Back To The Future and ET. I don't think Sara got to face a Dominator in last year's crossover as they seemed to be making up for it.
Bingo in the first and abolutly correct on the second

Geez, LoT just keeps bringing it ep after ep. I kinda feel bad for other DC shows.

Mini Ray and Gumball were cute and heartbreaking, the writers did an amazing job making the connection between them and Ray palpable. This just highlights how Routh was totally wasted on Superman Returns.

Putting Mick with anybody will instantly make the other person more fun, so having him with the Firestorm boys really made plot B better. Once again he saved the day, which also gave us that great note on the tree. Also love his moments with the trust test, about [BLACKOUT]shoplifting[/BLACKOUT] mini Ray, and a cigar for [BLACKOUT]Martin's grandbaby[/BLACKOUT].

And that last scene with the black suits! Ha, didn't see that coming at all. LoT is, hands down, the best DC show.

This episode was insanely fun. Loved all the 80's homages. :grin:

Oh, Mrs. Palmer! :hrt:

I was ready to call Ray’s mom a hoe. I also laughed at little Ray’s face when he was crying after the baby Dominator left.

Hahaha at Zari still having to watch the movie.

Last edited:
I haven't been feeling this show for a while but I loved this episode :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"