Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 3: "Blood Ties"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
legends-of-tomorrow-tv-show-poster-01-600x350.jpg

SNART VISITS HIS PAST; STEIN AND RAY TEAM UP — Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides to weaken Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) by going after his financial assets. Rip and Sara (Caity Lotz) infiltrate Savage’s bank, but are discovered by his men. Meanwhile, Snart (Wentworth Miller) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) talk Jax (Franz Drameh) into taking the jump ship back to Central City so they can steal a valuable emerald. Professor Stein (Victor Garber) guides Ray (Brandon Routh) on a dangerous mission. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Chris Fedak (#103).

TV PROMO
[YT]YzxwW-w9f9g[/YT]

no it is not, when we had one of the past series trailers we seen the green gem before and had a phot that said it was just some random green gem.

Funny how they were saying on yesterdays Arrow that [blackout]Sara didn't have the bloodlust even though they saw she clearly did the episode after she returned.[/blackout]

Guggenheim needs to get his **** together.

Last edited:
We should probably be careful with Arrow spoilers. It's only been one day since the episode aired and not everyone is caught up on both shows.

Welll......

I thought this was a damn good episode! And it felt like it was an hour long which is great since it didn't fly by. I felt like they achieved a lot.

If this keeps up Snart may have to add hero to his resume. Great episode.

So the first three episodes are in the 70's. Put all three and it feels like a movie. Lots of conflict among the team in this one.

The writers obviously have a great grasp/fun with Sara/Snart/Rip and I enjoy them immensely but they need to start showing some serious love to Kendra.

One thing that I didn't get was Rip's adventure to Ancient Egypt. I mean, how was he planning on killing Vandal if he was already immortal at that time period? I thought the only objects that were available to kill him had to be used by one of the Hawks. And how did Vandal's guy at the Bank know that Rip was the same guy that tried to kill his master 4,000 years ago? Did Vandal draw a very accurate picture of the dude or something?

And I never brought this up but I wish they would at least have the actors speak in some Egyptian-like language whenever doing scenes in Ancient Egypt.

Funny how they were saying on yesterdays Arrow that [blackout]Sara didn't have the bloodlust even though they saw she clearly did the episode after she returned.[/blackout]

Guggenheim needs to get his **** together.

Uhh...

Thy didn't say that Sara didn't have bloodlust. They said she wouldn't die from it like it seems Thea is. They said Constantine stabilized her, not completely cured her.

One thing that I didn't get was Rip's adventure to Ancient Egypt. I mean, how was he planning on killing Vandal if he was already immortal at that time period? I thought the only objects that were available to kill him had to be used by one of the Hawks. And how did Vandal's guy at the Bank know that Rip was the same guy that tried to kill his master 4,000 years ago? Did Vandal draw a very accurate picture of the dude or something?

And I never brought this up but I wish they would at least have the actors speak in some Egyptian-like language whenever doing scenes in Ancient Egypt.

I thought Rip went back to before Vandal was immortal, he just didn't kill him in time before the guards intervened and took Rip away.

It was another solid episode and I totally geeked at Ray shrinking down and destroying those shards. I was having Flashbacks to JLU and innerspace just really cool. I'd like to see Kemdra become more of a warrior though.

I thought Rip went back to before Vandal was immortal, he just didn't kill him in time before the guards intervened and took Rip away.

The hostage that they brought on the ship, he said that Rip had gone back during the period when Vandal had first received his immortality.

Uhh...

Thy didn't say that Sara didn't have bloodlust. They said she wouldn't die from it like it seems Thea is. They said Constantine stabilized her, not completely cured her.

This is how I took it and I don't think it's really a bloodlust I think it's more of her just going full on rage when she gets into a life or death fight.

It was another solid episode and I totally geeked at Ray shrinking down and destroying those shards. I was having Flashbacks to JLU and innerspace just really cool. I'd like to see Kemdra become more of a warrior though.

Right there with you. I thought the first two episodes were full of overstuffed set pieces. Here, each character got to stand out but it wasn't forced. The character pairings were awesome and we got some insight into almost all of the major players.

In my opinion, this was a much better showcase of the shows potential than the pilot episodes.

I have a full review up if anybody is interested.
http://otlnews.net/2016/02/04/legends-of-tomorrow-review-s1-ep-3-blood-ties/

Yet Nyssa never mentioned a Blood Lust cure for Sarah like she did for Thea this week :loco:

Well the thing is when Sara came back she wasn't Sara, she's was soulless. So unless the Lotus could have restored Sara's soul it would have been useless.

Can someone here help me understand something?

So the weapon that Rip used on Vandal, was that one of the special artifacts that needs to be used by Kendra in order to permanently kill Vandal?

And if so, is that the reason why he doesn't heal until the 80's?

Uhh...

Makes sense. Guess I wasn't paying as much attention to the scene as I thought.

And if so, is that the reason why he doesn't heal until the 80's?

I don't think he didn't heal until the 80s. I think that was just the next closest year he popped up publicly.

This is how I took it and I don't think it's really a bloodlust I think it's more of her just going full on rage when she gets into a life or death fight.
in any case
as said to primal slayer I knew she wasn't cure as was said in last nights arrow. they just weren't dealing with in during the the pilot episodes cause there was already too much as it was happening. and Malcolm talks too much as it is.
Well the thing is when Sara came back she wasn't Sara, she's was soulless. So unless the Lotus could have restored Sara's soul it would have been useless.

yeah as I said last night sara case is different all from the part where she was dead for months where with thea they said she was still breathing. and then they have the characters started flipflopping after that point after they made it clear she was still breathing which is plain weird.

In the comic the though the pit work in different stage's the long your are dead the worse the symptom's are if your dead longer then a year it's just plain worse. if your put into it as fast as possible and your still breathing or just died a few second ago your chance's are better. you' ll be messed up and have powers of enhanced strength agility and virtual immortality but you'll be a mess and the long you were dead before being put it into it the worse the symptom's are and they are always different compared to when you were just alive moment ago and put in to some that was dead a few months - a year - years.

I don't think he didn't heal until the 80s. I think that was just the next closest year he popped up publicly.

Makes sense. Though I don't know why they didn't just take his lifeless body with them and hold him captive. That way he wouldn't be around to amass power throughout the rest of history.

you know what rip should have done find the nearest factor that had corrosive acid vat's and dropped vandal body into it.

if there was that in gotham in the 80's for joker chemical bath. then there vat's big enough for vandal himself as well.

and no cell can freaking regenerated from that. Rip made the mistake of leaving Hawkman body and look at where it left them as soon as he did.

Rip should have tried that after stabbing vandal

that's what I do as soon as he told me he knows rips wife and kid's names .
"I'd go oh do you now ." and that where I'd head to immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"