Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 4: "Phone Home"

So my two issues (well there are more than 2 but these bugged me alot)

1- Young Ray dies, so they travel back before he died and older Ray showed back up again. As stated does not get past the fact he dies in the future so going back before then would not restore him in the ...future.. shrug..

2- This is a big one.. Stein, he is Soooo worried he will miss the birth of his Grandson, to the point they take the ship so he does not miss it.. Umm time travel? Its impossible for him to miss it. He can go "forward" to the point his grandson is born anytime he wants. He could have stayed, saved young Ray, Spend a few weeks relaxing and still never miss it. This really bugged me. They were acting like he needed to take the car to get across town at that exact moment or he would miss it.

Stupid.. Yet.. I don't fast forward this show and I do with 1/4 of each Flash episode.. (Iris)...

So my two issues (well there are more than 2 but these bugged me alot)

1- Young Ray dies, so they travel back before he died and older Ray showed back up again. As stated does not get past the fact he dies in the future so going back before then would not restore him in the ...future.. shrug..

2- This is a big one.. Stein, he is Soooo worried he will miss the birth of his Grandson, to the point they take the ship so he does not miss it.. Umm time travel? Its impossible for him to miss it. He can go "forward" to the point his grandson is born anytime he wants. He could have stayed, saved young Ray, Spend a few weeks relaxing and still never miss it. This really bugged me. They were acting like he needed to take the car to get across town at that exact moment or he would miss it.

Stupid.. Yet.. I don't fast forward this show and I do with 1/4 of each Flash episode.. (Iris)...
I don't know.
I think Stein wanting to see the birth of his grandson as it happened naturally in its actual place in time makes sense. Jumping back in time to see it basically as a replay seems less...special?
Skipping it and leaving it for a time jump later would also mean creating a timeline where he wasn't there for it or his daughter.

I don't know.
I think Stein wanting to see the birth of his grandson as it happened naturally in its actual place in time makes sense. Jumping back in time to see it basically as a replay seems less...special?
Skipping it and leaving it for a time jump later would also mean creating a timeline where he wasn't there for it or his daughter.

But as they were in 1988(?) at the time the birth of his grandson doesn't happen for another 30 years or so. So why the rush to get back to the future?
What would be different if they completed the mission and then jumped forward in time 30 years?

But as they were in 1988(?) at the time the birth of his grandson doesn't happen for another 30 years or so. So why the rush to get back to the future?
What would be different if they completed the mission and then jumped forward in time 30 years?

Damn that's true:funny:

One of my favourite episodes. Loved the ET reference during the bike escape.

Finally watched it and this episode moved me to tears. Loved all the ET references. Gumball was cute as hell and he didn't overstay his welcome so that was a big plus too. One of my favorite LoT episodes. Actually this might just be my favorite ever because I can't remember any time I had this much fun in any prior episode. The emotional undercurrents were done so well, just about everything clicked with me. I was glad that Sara was scaled back in this episode. That definitely helped in this case. I will just add that I want to check out Ray's mom's crawl space because zoddamn, she was hot AF. Mamma Mia :ilv: :ilv:

Perfect_10.gif

Since the poll is closed and I can't vote anymore, let it be known that I give this episode a full 10 marks on 10. It was perfect.

I just watched this, normally I enjoy Legends but it's never really delivered an episode that has blown me away however this episode was fantastic and totally blew me away. I get that it was basically ET redone but they did it so freaking well. This season Legends has actually been the one consistent CW DC show that's been at least decent and this episode has elevated it to my favourite show at the moment. I am actually excited about the next episode now.

Same here, the poll is closed but I gave it a 9. It was a blast. The story was ok but that was not the big interest in the episode. The best thing was all the boldness of it.
The actors were better than usual I felt. Brandon Routh especially. It's about time because I always felt he was the best actor on the show and was always "under-performing".
Tala Ashe is also actually quite good, delivering a tons of subtlties to her role.

Actually I have this feeling that LoT and the flash really are better. The soundtrack for instance is not as generic as usual, there are tons of twists and new things. The acting is generally better like the directors give room for the actors to act. Thehumor does not feel generic but more right on spot. It's exagerated or subtle.
The directing itself seems a bit poor sometimes. I noticed that when Kevin Smith went onboard, he knew how to direct the actors being more subtle and had less boring/generic/recipe filming technic.
:up: I hope this show keep being as good as this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"