Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for details !

it would be stupid not to bring back Cudmore

Sure!
If they want to include Colossus they must bring back D.Cudmore if not no Colossus

I suppose it's more applicable to this thread. Daniel Cudmore has announced on twitter he will not be reprising the role of Colossus in Deadpool

not really that upset that cudmore isn't coming back...he never did much anyway

Last edited:
Untill we know if colossus is still in script the time peroid of deadpool is back to up in the air.

To be frank, Marvel, you've been convinced of far more things going by faaaar less reliable sources than THR...

Cudmore is not coming back. Confirmed it himself on twitter.

I doubt they're getting anyone like "Russian" Russian. Probably some actor that's pretty big to do an accent.

I'm glad we're getting a new Colossus. Hopefully Russian and fits the new FC continuity.

Tom Hopper from Black Sails and Merlin might make a good Colossus. Hopper is 6'5, muscular and can act.

So the continuity of this series gets even more ****ed up, disappointed Cudmore is not coming back, especially as he was in DOFP.

Well, I'm assuming they're probably recasting to get a better actor if Colossus has a significant of a role as the script implies. Can't particularly fault them for that. Cudmore was hired for his physical appearance most, not his acting abilities.

This is keeping in mind the character is even still in the script, which we don't even know for sure yet.

I figured Colossus was being recast when I read the character break downs.

[ALBERT] Any ethnicity, early 30s to early 50s. Big, muscular, dangerous. ROLE REQUIRES THREE SERIES OPTIONS

I mean...

I didn't mind Cudmore but it isn't like he was super memorable in the role. I think many people would barely even notice he was recast.

[ALBERT] Any ethnicity, early 30s to early 50s. Big, muscular, dangerous. ROLE REQUIRES THREE SERIES OPTIONS

I mean...

I think Keren is more likely to be Colossus. [Any ethnicity, early 20s to late 30s. Serious, big, tough. ROLE REQUIRES THREE SERIES OPTIONS]

I mean...

That can be like three other characters in the script though. With his role I'd think they would have a bit more description on character like the other descriptions. That role seems for another mute powerhouse, and they have a few of those here.

Last edited:
That can be like three other characters in the script though. With his role I'd think they would have a bit more description on character like the other descriptions. That role seems for another mute powerhouse, and they have a few of those here.

I thought that was referring to one of the henchman. I figured Carano would be replacing one of the dudes from the script and the other two would stay dudes.

Colossus will most likely be a big announcement. He is a major X-Man and if they want to establish a solid universe they will want someone who can carry the role for a few films.

As long as they let him speak I'm cool. Plus, lets see Juggernaut Colossus!!

My thoughts on Cudmore's departure:
http://otlnews.net/2015/02/17/deadpool-update-colossus-still-in-cudmore-out/

I thought that was referring to one of the henchman. I figured Carano would be replacing one of the dudes from the script and the other two would stay dudes.

Colossus will most likely be a big announcement. He is a major X-Man and if they want to establish a solid universe they will want someone who can carry the role for a few films.

Agreed.

So the continuity of this series gets even more ****ed up, disappointed Cudmore is not coming back, especially as he was in DOFP.

Recasting a role hardly screws up continuity. I mean, just look at Marvel...

It will be interesting to see if Colossus is still in the movie, and who they get to replace Cudmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"