Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Reasons not to take this guy seriously: (I don't want to make fun of you but i'll just express my opinion)
1- COnsidering Wolverine the best of the franchise?
Did you see First Class? Or x-2? Or the original X-men? Even last stand was better.
2- Considering Blade one of the best adaptations, this opinion is probably different from everybody elses but in my opinion Blade movies were not very good movies, they were entertaining, but with so many exelent comic book adaptations how can you say that? (As a mater of fact, i like The Tomb of Dracula comics)
As movies in general Blade movies were never taken seriously by critics.
3- Comparing Guillermo Del TOro with Uwe Boll? WTF

You're doing it wrong then. When you consider Wolverine to be the best in the franchise -- I've seen you post this before -- that's just wack.

We could go in circles, and I know some people like green, and some prefer yellow. When you compare Uwe Boll to Guillermo del Toro, that's stupid. Usually the word stupid is often a weak one to use, but here it's perfect.

No you're doing it wrong.

I have never, ever, posted that Wolverine is the best of the series.

I have posted that X-Men 3, X-Men 2, and now X-Men: First Class are the best of the series and that they are interchangeable because I like them all for different reasons.

I have gone back and forth between whether Wolverine is better than X-Men or not, and that opinion goes back and forth. Sometimes I like it better than X-Men and sometimes its the worst in the franchise, depends on my mood, but I have never said that it was the best in the series.

No you're doing it wrong.

I have never, ever, posted that Wolverine is the best of the series.

I have posted that X-Men 3, X-Men 2, and now X-Men: First Class are the best of the series and that they are interchangeable because I like them all for different reasons.

I have gone back and forth between whether Wolverine is better than X-Men or not, and that opinion goes back and forth. Sometimes I like it better than X-Men and sometimes its the worst in the franchise, depends on my mood, but I have never said that it was the best in the series.

You know what, I am wrong, forgive me. It's X3 that I've seen you say is the best in the franchise. In my mind, I can't differentiate between two shades of ****.

But hey, you were right, and I was wrong. :awesome:

awww the good ol' fanboy mantra: dont take someone seriously who expresses a different opinion from the masses.

:)

No, you've done more than enough. I think your taste in 'quality movies' has been more than expressed.

You're basically Hollywood's dream consumer. Keep up the good work. I see you like wrestling too.... Double points.

Best movies I've ever seen, period?

Lord Of The Rings, hands down.

After that:

X-Men series (all 5 movies)
Terminator / Terminator 2 (3 and Salvation are decent enough movies, but horrid Terminator movies)
Star Wars (both trilogies)
Titanic
Jurassic Park (only the first one. The rest were trash)
Pirates of the Caribean (1st one only)
Independence Day
Various Disney animated classics (notably Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid)
Ghostbusters

Comic Book Movies:
Raimi's Spiderman films (all 3)
Nolan's Batman films (over rated, but still very well made films)
Blade (1st one only, the other 2 were trash)
Punisher (not as good on recent viewings but I still enjoy it)

Shall I go on, or is that enough for you?
Pirates of the caribbean and independence day were more of entertainment fun movies than exelent ones:oldrazz:
I also liked spider-man 3:yay:
And Punisher 2004:word:

But i would consider those more like favourite movies, in fact my favourite movies may be different than the best movies i've ever seen, what i consider the best movies ive ever seen i was like, i knew they were exelent movies but if i had the chance i would probably never watch them again, the only ones that i consider one of the best and i have no problem seeing again are the lord of the rings and godfather.
A recent good movie i won't see again is tree of life

Forgive me for not towing the company line and going with the masses to proclaim The Dark Knight as the hands down best movie ever made, and actually had the audacity to like a movie that wasnt geared towards the fanboy masses.

Forgive me for not towing the company line and going with the masses to proclaim The Dark Knight as the hands down best movie ever made, and actually had the audacity to like a movie that wasnt geared towards the fanboy masses.

I am nowhere near being a Nolanite, but are you even implying that Nolan catered to fanboys for TDK?

Really?

Really?

Pirates of the caribbean and independence day were more of entertainment fun movies than exelent ones:oldrazz:
I also liked spider-man 3:yay:
And Punisher 2004:word:

But i would consider those more like favourite movies, in fact my favourite movies may be different than the best movies i've ever seen, what i consider the best movies ive ever seen i was like, i knew they were exelent movies but if i had the chance i would probably never watch them again, the only ones that i consider one of the best and i have no problem seeing again are the lord of the rings and godfather.
A recent good movie i won't see again is tree of life

You say "best", and to me I list favorites, because to me the best movies are the ones I took the most enjoyment from.

But if you want to look at "best" from an academy awards mentality of technically well made movies, my list would be a lot different, and there wouldn't be a single comic book film anywhere near it.

With that line of thinking there's no room for directors like del Toro, Nolan, raimi, or singer because directors like Hitchcock, Chaplin, Welles, Douglas, etc... are infinitely more important to the history of cinema than those other guys.

Last edited:
Nolan doesn't give a crap if fan boys like it or not, he's just trying to make the best movie he can

You say "best", and to me I list favorites, because to me the best movies are the ones I took the most enjoyment from.

But if you want to look at "best" from an academy awards mentality of technically well made movies, my list would be a lot different, and there wouldn't be a single comic book film anywhere near it.
Academy is nothing:awesome:
Cannes is better:awesome:, but even from there you must realise yourself if what you're seeing is good, i didn't need anybody to tell me Foght Club was a great movie to know that, i brought it from somewhere, watched it, and i knew it was a great movie, but i would probably not watch it again because i prefer others, then i went to wikipedia, maybe i was living under a rock as i didn't know it was so famous:woot:

Academy is nothing:awesome:
Cannes is better:awesome:, but even from there you must realise yourself if what you're seeing is good, i didn't need anybody to tell me Foght Club was a great movie to know that, i brought it from somewhere, watched it, and i knew it was a great movie, but i would probably not watch it again because i prefer others, then i went to wikipedia, maybe i was living under a rock as i didn't know it was so famous:woot:

And neither Blade 2 nor the Hellboy movies meet that criteria. They are not some incredible pieces of cinema that just isn't necessarily to my tastes. They are trash movies.

Like I said, if we are going off of that criteria, then the directors of today pale in comparison to those of yesteryear who are infinitely more important to the history of cinema, save for a few exceptions like Lucas and Spielberg.

I still want to know how Nolan geared TDK to the fanboy masses. Or just ignore me.

And i would like to know what you think that makes Hellboy a bad movie

I still want to know how Nolan geared TDK to the fanboy masses. Or just ignore me.

It did enough that fanboys consider it the greatest movie ever made, and any discussion about any movie ever always has to turn into how great TDK is.

It did enough that fanboys consider it the greatest movie ever made, and any discussion about any movie ever always has to turn into how great TDK is.
Actually, i've seen a lot of haters latelly

This is true, and it's a sad annoying fact here on the Hype. Still, Nolan didn't and continues not to give a **** about the "fanboy masses."

You said it was geared for them. You're just making **** up.

And i would like to know what you think that makes Hellboy a bad movie

Demon hell spawn is actually a snivelling candy bar eating emo teenager who's upset the girl doesn't like him. Cliche "were a secret government organization of supernatural beings that the rest of the world doesn't know about" with just a bunch of pretty special effects to make up for the fact that the characters and the story are nothing more than cliches built on really bad, cheesy attempts at humor. The characters are completely unlikable because of this, I have no concern for their journey, I just want it to be over with so I can get out of the theatre and pretend what I just saw never happened. Reminiscent of Blade 2.

Are his other, non comic book movies better? Perhaps. But his comic book films are so awful that I have trouble wanting to give Pan's Labyrinth a chance.

And before you say it, if someone wants to think that about my X-Men movies, they are entitled to. But considering the fact that the opinions would be so drastically different from mine, I think its safe to say there's no point in me worrying about it anyways cuz our tastes are so far apart you're not going to convince me of your point of view.

Last edited:
So you call them, "my X-men movies." This explains everything.

So you call them, "my X-men movies." This explains everything.

WTF are you even talking about??! You give me **** for ducking the subject then just go make cheap retorts like that, that have nothing to do with anything.

Demon hell spawn is actually a snivelling candy bar eating emo teenager who's upset the girl doesn't like him. Cliche "were a secret government organization of supernatural beings that the rest of the world doesn't know about" with just a bunch of pretty special effects to make up for the fact that the characters and the story are nothing more than cliches built on really bad, cheesy attempts at humor. The characters are completely unlikable because of this, I have no concern for their journey, I just want it to be over with so I can get out of the theatre and pretend what I just saw never happened. Reminiscent of Blade 2.

Are his other, non comic book movies better? Perhaps. But his comic book films are so awful that I have trouble wanting to give Pan's Labyrinth a chance.

And before you say it, if someone wants to think that about my X-Men movies, they are entitled to. But considering the fact that the opinions would be so drastically different from mine, I think its safe to say there's no point in me worrying about it anyways cuz our tastes are so far apart you're not going to convince me of your point of view.
Hellboy was supposed to be chesy, that's why it worked:dry:

WTF are you even talking about??! You give me **** for ducking the subject then just go make cheap retorts like that, that have nothing to do with anything.
wow, calm down dude

You say a lot of stuff, and cry "UR FANBOY!!1" when anyone comments. You still haven't said how del Torro is anywhere near the level of Uwe Boll. That's fine you don't like him. But really? That comparison?

You still haven't explained how Nolan caters to the fanboys. This is curious.

And yes, my post has everything to to with everything. You have some personal connection to these films, which is cool, but that blinds you to some of the **** X3 and Wolverine has.

HE probably won't answer that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"