Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run into alot of people who like that movie for some reason. I do think not having the lead/most popular character in a franchise returning does hurt it. All the X films sold Wolverine. This is the first one that didnt. The character sales, and people like Hugh as Wolverine. There was no major X character in FC that was familiar to most movie goers. XFC still has done great considering the lack of familiar X men. The name itself sales.

Probably cuz it's not nearly as bad as fanboys make it out to be.

I've met more people who like it than don't.

It's ****ing terrible. In almost every single way. No character development, poor script, bland action....and a very unbadass badass main character.

Nothing to do with comic ****. Aside from Deadpool, which was inexcuseable.

They may just have Deadpool exsist In seperate universe universe from the X-Men and
Wolverine films.But her Interview also confirms this Is r rated script.

From my understanding of the script, that's exactly what it is.

Deadpool is doing it's own thing, unrelated to the other X-Men movies. Not so much eliminating another movie from continuity as it is creating it's own continuity.

It's ****ing terrible. In almost every single way. No character development, poor script, bland action....and a very unbadass badass main character.

Nothing to do with comic ****. Aside from Deadpool, which was inexcuseable.

Well, reading earlier in this thread shows me that you like Alien 3, which if true, means I'll just go ahead and disregard your opinion and continue watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine as the underwhelming, but still good, movie that it is.

Partial credit, although she is the one who had the major disagreement with Singer and then wanted Cyclops written out of the story because James Marsden threatened to walk with Singer.

Also, my Godfather is a very senior Sound tech for films and he was working on Wolverine, and the stories he's told me about her on set, firing Gavin Hood twice (officially too, emails were sent to all the cast and crew regarding the decision) only to have him brought back but with her Husband, Richard Donner as 'supervising' director, which meant him just sitting in a chair and having final say on all the cuts, and getting paid a ridiculous amount for it.

If First Class is good, it would be due to the fact that Matthew Vaughn is a director who won't let himself get pushed around to comprimise his vision. A first time director may not have the same strength.

Edit: Also, X1 and 2 had the director also as a producer, whilst the others didn't, and First Class not only has Singer as producer but 2 others as well, one of whom is a writer, which means at least two creative viewpoints producing.

I didn't know all this, but I will say I wouldn't be surprised. In interviews I see, I don't like Shuler-Donner. I don't agree with her ideas or vision for the X-Men franchise, I feel she's the epitome of just trying to juice every dollar out of a franchise that she can, and has no legitimate concern for the source material.

Jackman knew fans would be pissed over the character. He said so in an interview way before the films release. If everyone knew people were gonna pissed then why do it? Did they really think a cheap ass computer where you enter the words decapitate is gonna be cool? It took a lot of creativity to **** a character up like that and none of that was a more realistic take for Wolverines movie. A ninja suit would have been fine.

For what it's worth (not much, cuz even as a supporter of the film, the plot point sucked), I think they may have taken that inspiration from a Wolverine comic, where Weapon X is controlled by what appears to be a video game controller.

Also, having Deadpool be a Weapon X experiment fits with his comic book origins. The problem with how they did it was with giving him Cyclops eye beams, and Wraith teleportation, as well as sewing up his mouth, making him not the Merc With The Mouth.

The last line of the script is....

Deadpool (VO)- And you thought it was going to be a drug overdose...

:hehe:

**** I had forgotten about this completely. Damn, I so wanted this to be in there. Such a funny gag.

As long as they keep the epic opening set to Juice Newton, and the Colossus buddy cop stuff, I'll be in geek heaven.

Well, reading earlier in this thread shows me that you like Alien 3, which if true, means I'll just go ahead and disregard your opinion and continue watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine as the underwhelming, but still good, movie that it is.
Anyone who likes Wolverine has the intelligence of a 12 year old. Period. End of story. You like X-3 as well. Your opinion is worthless. Incredibly worthless.

Alien 3 poops all over Wolverine. It's flawed. But it's not the epic cluster **** Wolverines is.

So yeah. If that's how you want to play it. :o

Anyone who likes Wolverine has the intelligence of a 12 year old. Period. End of story. You like X-3 as well. Your opinion is worthless. Incredibly worthless.

Alien 3 poops all over Wolverine. It's flawed. But it's not the epic cluster **** Wolverines is.

I have to say that Alien 3 was a great movie that was sometimes very deep, then i knew was were the plans for alien 3 and 4, then i remembered that they killed 3 characters without a purpose, and then i remembered they killed Ripley.:csad:
Still flawed but because of a lot of things i would give it a 6/10 and wasn't a bad way to finish a franchise.
Now, saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine, it sucked, it was really bad, katanas inside deadpool's arms? wtf, are they really scientists? How would the guy move his arms, then to the characters of wolverine, i never read weapon x but from wikipedia it seems like one hell of a story, with everybody treating him like an animal. Now that would be a MOVIE
But i read one mini series prequel of wolverine that i would never forget, The Origin, now that would make a great movie, the story of wolverine growing and leaving everything behind, and the begining of his doomed relationships, they should have adapted only one of them or find a good way to balance the story.
And making a movie about a man that lived for more than 100 years a 100 mins film? That wasn't a smart move, and in the flashbacks his events happen differently, and there's a lot of blood.
If Wolverine was a bad movie? OF CORSE it WAS, are you blind?
2.5/10 and thats terrible, when critics say this was missed oportunity i thing they're not even looking at the full picture, this could have been epic, instead it seemed like a B-Movie (In the bad sence)

I was about to go into over defensive fan mode until I realised you were talking about Wolverine the movie, not the character..... I concur :p

It is impossible to consider Wolverine a bad movie when truly terrible films like Blade 2, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Elektra, and Punisher: War Zone exist.

And its leaps and bounds better than mediocre / alright but not memorable movies like Fantastic Four, Daredevil or Ghost Rider.

Wolverine is a flawed movie, but its no del Toro movie.

It is impossible to consider Wolverine a bad movie when truly terrible films like Blade 2, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Elektra, and Punisher: War Zone exist.

And its leaps and bounds better than mediocre / alright but not memorable movies like Fantastic Four, Daredevil or Ghost Rider.

The fact that you lump 'Blade 2' and 'Hellboy 2' with **** like 'Elektra' and 'Punisher: War Zone'. :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

:whatever:

:doh:
icon13.gif

Blade 2 and the Hellboy movies are awful, absolutely terrible films. Anyone who considers those to be credible movies, I cant take seriously when it comes to trying to trash Wolverine.

Those movies are Uwe Bol bad.

Blade 2 and the Hellboy movies are awful, absolutely terrible films. Anyone who considers those to be credible movies, I cant take seriously when it comes to trying to trash Wolverine.

You spew venom at anyone who likes del Torro, and somehow equate that as an inability to appreciate 'Wolverine'. :huh:

Here's a fact that doesn't need merely one opinion: Those horrible films that you compare to Uwe Boll (seriously) are universally more received than Wolverine.

I don't care that you play the 'I TALK TO PEOPLE IN PERSON AND THEY LIKED IT' card, so what. Everyone I know, people who have never lifted a comic in their lives, couldn't stand it. See? Sounds weak.

Either way, it's all opinions, but I seriously begin to :whatever: when you bring Uwe Boll in the discussion. del Torro has a passion for film making that's infectious, you're coming across like a troll, Nell.

:dry:
I don't find Blade II as good as others think but it's not as bad because you know what to expect from blade, wolverine deserved much more.
Hellboy movies were great and comparing Del Toro to Uwe Boll is ******ed, did you ever watch another del toro movie called Pans Labirinth?
Uwe Boll would never be able to do anything as good in his entire life time

Last edited:
You spew venom at anyone who likes del Torro, and somehow equate that as an inability to appreciate 'Wolverine'. :huh:

Here's a fact that doesn't need merely one opinion: Those horrible films that you compare to Uwe Boll (seriously) are universally more received than Wolverine.

I don't care that you play the 'I TALK TO PEOPLE IN PERSON AND THEY LIKED IT' card, so what. Everyone I know, people who have never lifted a comic in their lives, couldn't stand it. See? Sounds weak.

Either way, it's all opinions, but I seriously begin to :whatever: when you bring Uwe Boll in the discussion. del Torro has a passion for film making that's infectious, you're coming across like a troll, Nell.

Im not trolling, and I couldn't care less what "anyone who's ever lifted a comc book" says about it (I disagree with fanboys 90% of the time anyways despite being one myself) I think those movies I listed are by far some of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

Im not trolling, and I couldn't care less what "anyone who's ever lifted a comc book" says about it (I disagree with fanboys 90% of the time anyways despite being one myself) I think those movies I listed are by far some of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.
Then what were the best?:whatever:

:dry:
I don't find Blade II as good as others think but it's not as bad because you know what to expect from blade, wolverine deserved much more.
Hellboy movies were great and comparing Del Toro to Uwe Boll is ******ed, did you ever watch another del toro movie called Pans Labirinth?
Uwe Boll would never be able to do anything as good in his entire life time

What I expected from Blade was something competent considering the first Blade movie is one of the better comic book movies I've seen.

What I got from Blade 2 was an absolutely horrid film that im sorry I ever had the displeasure of watching.

You're doing it wrong then. When you consider Wolverine to be the best in the franchise -- I've seen you post this before -- that's just wack.

We could go in circles, and I know some people like green, and some prefer yellow. When you compare Uwe Boll to Guillermo del Toro, that's stupid. Usually the word stupid is often a weak one to use, but here it's perfect.

Ain't that the truth...

Also, putting Blade up on a pedestal as a great movie... Also amusing.

It was a fun, shlock action horror film, that happened to be based on a Marvel character.

Then what were the best?:whatever:

Best movies I've ever seen, period?

Lord Of The Rings, hands down.

After that:

X-Men series (all 5 movies)
Terminator / Terminator 2 (3 and Salvation are decent enough movies, but horrid Terminator movies)
Star Wars (both trilogies)
Titanic
Jurassic Park (only the first one. The rest were trash)
Pirates of the Caribean (1st one only)
Independence Day
Various Disney animated classics (notably Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid)
Ghostbusters

Comic Book Movies:
Raimi's Spiderman films (all 3)
Nolan's Batman films (over rated, but still very well made films)
Blade (1st one only, the other 2 were trash)
Punisher (not as good on recent viewings but I still enjoy it)

Shall I go on, or is that enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"