Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Thread Manager, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Frost

Michael Frost Frozen Still

They probably think that it would bring a larger profit margin if it were to be PG-13 since it's a superhero movie and it already has a low budget. It would be a sure profitable deal to make a movie for such a low cost and bring back home double the spendings with a PG-13 demographic...

Sigh...

2. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Add deadpool to x-force to get him noticed then go on from there, best idea

3. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

I'm not one to harp on ratings and in fact I rarely give them a second thought but if Fox wants to completely neuter DP then PG13 is the way to go. I pray they won't be that stupid.

4. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Well, we just had a PG-13 Wolverine movie and that still turned out really well, so a PG-13 Deadpool movie COULD potentially be done well. But it would be VERY difficult.

5. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

A PG-13 rating would probably hold them back when it comes to action sequences. But in my opinion, they need to prioritize in coming up a good story. At the end of the day, that what matters the most if they want to release a good movie.

6. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

If you look at dredd, I think it was R rated and had a budget of 45 mil and it didn't make it back, I honestly can see why it would be a fear to even go low budget with solo deadpool

7. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Dredd only made 35m ww. Which sucks. The marketing on that flick was some of the worst I've seen. Blu Ray/DVD sales were strong though cause of Word of mouth. Still, that flick deserved so much much more.

I think worse scenario box office for an R rated Deadpool would be Kick-Ass 1 numbers though. His following is larger then that flick, but as far as the unaware GA it probably would grab a similar audience with the comedy and violence mash up. I'm confident 100m ww wouldnt be an issue unless Fox completely dropped the ball on the marketing.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  8. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

For anyone who read the leaked script, who's the villain?

9. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Ajax, Garrison Kane, Wyre and Sluggo.

10. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Wyre? Sounds like Fox owns the rights to Alpha Flight. Well that answers the question to one of the three properties that can belong to either studio.

I'm also going to guess that Starjammers (sans Ms. Marvel) and Excalibur (minus Blade) are both part of the X-Men rights.

11. Michael Frost

Disagree there.

Best thing that could be said about that new movie is that it didn't suck as hard as Origins but it still felt like just an okay movie. One of the things that you see the movie struggling with is exactly trying to convince us that Wolverine chops through everything without any traces of blood or serious damage with one of the most blantantly kid unfriendly weapons of the Marvel universe...

Not to mention that Deadpool is R-rated not just because of the blood and damage he delivers but because he himself is a randomly very violent character. I'd wager that even if you edit out the blood you'd probably traumatize a couple kids just by having them put up with his seriously broken morality and predisposition to kill for the fun of it. Also, most of his best humor is done at the expense of some dark thing he did or is going to do, try to pass that kind of dark humor through a censor...

12. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Update on Tim Miller. He's still on to Direct.
    [YT]K2yCnN-OcsA&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  13. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

I don't really care much about a Deadpool film, but wanted to point out that the PG-13 and R ratings no longer mean what they used to. There have been numerous films released in recent years that were given a PG-13 rating yet are worse than films that received an R rating.

14. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Fox must be looking at the recent video game's numbers to gauge its potential. Deadpool isn't such a huge risk if you ask me. Keep the budget down and give it some clever marketing (something the character inspires naturally) and it'll do fine enough.

It needs to be a R though; not just for the sake of the character, but to make it stand out from its competition.

15. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Fox might make a lower budget Deadpool to take a page out of MS playback to set him up for X-force.

16. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Theres a really good interview with StudioADI about Deadpool's look in XMOW. They got alot of hate comments so they did a reply video haha. Id post it but there's some cursing and don't think thats allowed. They talk about how many people they had to answer too and even said Marvel had their hand with some things. Guess they were told no suit no matter what, and they even tried a mechincal mask that resembled it that would work with his scaring but that was turned down too.

Look up StudioADI War Crimes on youtube and youll find it whoever is interested. Some interesting tid bits.

17. Michael Frost

These are the looks they tried:

[YT]Ly_KG5SZ5cs[/YT]

I mean, sure, with the excessive amount of executive meddling that movie had it was bound to turn out like the mediocre piece of crap that it did.

You know what's funny tho, they did specifically say "no suit" as if they knew they were going to get enough backlash for this "in-between" version that it would be crazy to even try to pass it as the actual full final-form character. :oldrazz:

18. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Some of those armored mask designs remind me a bit of Bane, they certainly would have looked better than what we got in Origins.

19. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

good god those were awful

20. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

Wish they'd get it into production. This will they won't they crap is getting old

21. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

They turned Deadpool into Baraka without a mouth.

22. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Tired of hearing this back and forth "We'll see if it gets made" **** from Fox. But guess this counts as some sort of news. Even if it's the same old...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  23. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

I agree with you Def - I know they're trying to wait and see what happens with DOFP but I'm over the back and forth too.

I'm ready for some more in-depth news and commitments about what's going on with this universe.

24. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully this year at SDCC or something. Stoked For Apocalypse, but things with other characters have been up in the air for too long. Some more confidence in them would be nice.

25. Nathan

Nathan ...

Marvel is taking a big risk with the Guardians of the Galaxy and throwing a big budget behind it, and Fox can't get off their asses and give us a 50 mil Deadpool Movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.