Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably think that it would bring a larger profit margin if it were to be PG-13 since it's a superhero movie and it already has a low budget. It would be a sure profitable deal to make a movie for such a low cost and bring back home double the spendings with a PG-13 demographic...

Sigh...

Add deadpool to x-force to get him noticed then go on from there, best idea

I'm not one to harp on ratings and in fact I rarely give them a second thought but if Fox wants to completely neuter DP then PG13 is the way to go. I pray they won't be that stupid.

Well, we just had a PG-13 Wolverine movie and that still turned out really well, so a PG-13 Deadpool movie COULD potentially be done well. But it would be VERY difficult.

A PG-13 rating would probably hold them back when it comes to action sequences. But in my opinion, they need to prioritize in coming up a good story. At the end of the day, that what matters the most if they want to release a good movie.

If you look at dredd, I think it was R rated and had a budget of 45 mil and it didn't make it back, I honestly can see why it would be a fear to even go low budget with solo deadpool

If you look at dredd, I think it was R rated and had a budget of 45 mil and it didn't make it back,
Yeah, Dredd only made 35m ww. Which sucks. The marketing on that flick was some of the worst I've seen. Blu Ray/DVD sales were strong though cause of Word of mouth. Still, that flick deserved so much much more.

I think worse scenario box office for an R rated Deadpool would be Kick-Ass 1 numbers though. His following is larger then that flick, but as far as the unaware GA it probably would grab a similar audience with the comedy and violence mash up. I'm confident 100m ww wouldnt be an issue unless Fox completely dropped the ball on the marketing.

Last edited:
For anyone who read the leaked script, who's the villain?

Ajax, Garrison Kane, Wyre and Sluggo.

Wyre? Sounds like Fox owns the rights to Alpha Flight. Well that answers the question to one of the three properties that can belong to either studio.

I'm also going to guess that Starjammers (sans Ms. Marvel) and Excalibur (minus Blade) are both part of the X-Men rights.

we just had a PG-13 Wolverine movie and that still turned out really well

Disagree there.

Best thing that could be said about that new movie is that it didn't suck as hard as Origins but it still felt like just an okay movie. One of the things that you see the movie struggling with is exactly trying to convince us that Wolverine chops through everything without any traces of blood or serious damage with one of the most blantantly kid unfriendly weapons of the Marvel universe...

Not to mention that Deadpool is R-rated not just because of the blood and damage he delivers but because he himself is a randomly very violent character. I'd wager that even if you edit out the blood you'd probably traumatize a couple kids just by having them put up with his seriously broken morality and predisposition to kill for the fun of it. Also, most of his best humor is done at the expense of some dark thing he did or is going to do, try to pass that kind of dark humor through a censor...

Update on Tim Miller. He's still on to Direct.
[YT]K2yCnN-OcsA&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Last edited:
I don't really care much about a Deadpool film, but wanted to point out that the PG-13 and R ratings no longer mean what they used to. There have been numerous films released in recent years that were given a PG-13 rating yet are worse than films that received an R rating.

Fox must be looking at the recent video game's numbers to gauge its potential. Deadpool isn't such a huge risk if you ask me. Keep the budget down and give it some clever marketing (something the character inspires naturally) and it'll do fine enough.

It needs to be a R though; not just for the sake of the character, but to make it stand out from its competition.

Fox might make a lower budget Deadpool to take a page out of MS playback to set him up for X-force.

Theres a really good interview with StudioADI about Deadpool's look in XMOW. They got alot of hate comments so they did a reply video haha. Id post it but there's some cursing and don't think thats allowed. They talk about how many people they had to answer too and even said Marvel had their hand with some things. Guess they were told no suit no matter what, and they even tried a mechincal mask that resembled it that would work with his scaring but that was turned down too.

Look up StudioADI War Crimes on youtube and youll find it whoever is interested. Some interesting tid bits.

These are the looks they tried:

[YT]Ly_KG5SZ5cs[/YT]

I mean, sure, with the excessive amount of executive meddling that movie had it was bound to turn out like the mediocre piece of crap that it did.

You know what's funny tho, they did specifically say "no suit" as if they knew they were going to get enough backlash for this "in-between" version that it would be crazy to even try to pass it as the actual full final-form character. :oldrazz:

Some of those armored mask designs remind me a bit of Bane, they certainly would have looked better than what we got in Origins.

Wish they'd get it into production. This will they won't they crap is getting old

Tired of hearing this back and forth "We'll see if it gets made" **** from Fox. But guess this counts as some sort of news. Even if it's the same old...

You’re working on X-Force, we’re talking about how there should be a New Mutants movie. Fox has all these mutant characters; when do you think we will see more movies announced?

DONNER: I think we have to figure out how many X-Men films a summer can handle without getting into X-Men fatigue. And I just mentioned New Mutants off the top of my head because that’s a personal passion of mine. I’m not saying that’s Fox’s next movie, please don’t misquote me or I’ll get a call. But we have to be very careful. As you all know there’s a Deadpool script that is out there, and you know about X-Force and you know about Fantastic Four. There’s a summer, there’s a year, say 2014, 2015, how many can you put out? Take into consideration there are also Marvel movies coming out then. At a certain point people want to see other movies besides comic book movies so you have to be really careful what you’re going to pick, and how many are going to be released within a year.

People say the Deadpool script is awesome, and clearly should be rated R. An X-Men movie has to be PG-13, but what about doing Deadpool at a lower budget point, releasing it at a different time than the middle of May? Is that an option, because Marvel is clearly not walking the R-rated path.

DONNER: Right. I agree.

I was hoping for more than “I agree.”

DONNER: First of all, the Deadpool movie should be $50m in any event, whether it is PG-13 or R. Because it’s a single character, it doesn’t involve that many of the other mutants, which means not many other powers, which is CGI, which is what costs so much. It would be a lot of action, but it should be — and because it’s a standalone character, just like the Wolverine films, we keep them at a smaller budget, so it should be a $50m budget regardless. And I am a producer who NEVER discusses her budgets, EVER, ever ever. But that one should be kept small. As for the rest of it, I can’t really talk about it. I’d love to take the movie, it’s a really good script, we’ll see.

We all want that.

DONNER: Good! I’m glad! Write Fox and tell them. Thank you.

Read more at http://collider.com/lauren-shuler-donner-x-men-days-of-future-past-interview/#J7AM411SCVjjcit4.99

Last edited:
I agree with you Def - I know they're trying to wait and see what happens with DOFP but I'm over the back and forth too.

I'm ready for some more in-depth news and commitments about what's going on with this universe.

Yeah, hopefully this year at SDCC or something. Stoked For Apocalypse, but things with other characters have been up in the air for too long. Some more confidence in them would be nice.

Marvel is taking a big risk with the Guardians of the Galaxy and throwing a big budget behind it, and Fox can't get off their asses and give us a 50 mil Deadpool Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"