Days of Future Past Did anyone else almost cry and the mystique and eric scene?

It was a good scene, but I think it could have been a little more heartfelt on all the characters' ends. McAvoy could have shown more agony and sorry, and the other characters just stood around not doing anything. Not a deal breaker for me, but could have had more drama.
I don't know, I personally don't like overacting, and this one of the reasons I like McAvoy's work as an actor so much. We could see all the agony and pain in his eyes, he didn't really have to show it physically.
I quite liked the acting in this scene, in general. I think that the characters just stood around because they were in shock. McAvoy's "I can't feel my legs" was quite harrowing...like he would just go and on repeating it until he blacked out, as if he were in a trance... :csad:
The scene was so perfect they had to go and screw it, by making Magneto and Mysitique leave Charles behind.

I don't know, I personally don't like overacting, and this one of the reasons I like McAvoy's work as an actor so much. We could see all the agony and pain in his eyes, he didn't really have to show it physically.
I quite liked the acting in this scene, in general. I think that the characters just stood around because they were in shock. McAvoy's "I can't feel my legs" was quite harrowing...like he would just go and on repeating it until he blacked out, as if he were in a trance... :csad:
The scene was so perfect they had to go and screw it, by making Magneto and Mysitique leave Charles behind.

Yeah, see the combination of having characters stand around and not show any emotion or say anything and then Mags and the other taking off just seems like the writers didn't know how to make multiple things happen occur at once. The scene would have been better if there was a gasp or reaction from the other characters.

Maybe...but maybe it's a moment that is so shocking and unexpected that people don't know how to react. Now, Magneto and Mystique leaving I agree it was bad writing, because there was no way - following their history with Charles - that they would just leave him there, with a bullet on his back and very far away from any kind of help. Would they be so cruel 2 minutes after they had worried so much about him?
I love the scene anyway; the missiles falling while Erik rushed to Charles' side, it was pretty powerful stuff. Amazing, well directed, well acted, emotional, all of this.

Maybe...but maybe it's a moment that is so shocking and unexpected that people don't know how to react. Now, Magneto and Mystique leaving I agree it was bad writing, because there was no way - following their history with Charles - that they would just leave him there, with a bullet on his back and very far away from any kind of help. Would they be so cruel 2 minutes after they had worried so much about him?
I love the scene anyway; the missiles falling while Erik rushed to Charles' side, it was pretty powerful stuff. Amazing, well directed, well acted, emotional, all of this.
Mystique didn't really leave him. She wouldn't have left unless Xavier wanted her to, but it was ultimately a mutual decision.

Last edited:
Another emotional scene I am looking forward in a sequel or second sequel is a tearful Mystique leaving her baby at the door of a German monastery or a travelling circus. :(

ehhhh....

SuperSoldier you are so mean:awesome:. I might have to start calling you SS....yes pun very much intended.

I would like to see her give up her child that would also be pretty emotional.

@Loganbabe Yeah I see how that can be interpreted as they were all in shock. I still think that it came off badly though.

Another emotional scene I am looking forward in a sequel or second sequel is a tearful Mystique leaving her baby at the door of a German monastery or a travelling circus. :(

A travelling circus or a German monastery? That could never work on film. It would be seen as cheesy and hilarious. If she gave the baby to a couple she knew quite well, that would work better in a movie.

Some things are okay in comic books that don't work as well in a movie.

Yeah, I don't see that happening, but if she gave him to an orphanage where he eventually ran away to a circus then that's fine. Oh wait isn't that what happened. It could work lol.

Charles never "condemned" her natural form, Hank did. As you must certainly remember, there was an early scene with Raven in her blue form, brushing her teeth while talking to Charles and then lying next to him.
The "cosmetic problem" line bothered me a bit, because it seemed so out of character for Charles. He had accepted Raven for what she was since they were kids, but maybe worried too much about her real appearence in public. I can't say he was wrong; he just thought it was possible for her to live a "normal" life among humans. But he was somehow wrong when it came to her own desires and expectations. It's much more complex than Xavier simply "not accepting" her.

So no, that scene with Erik didn't make me tear up at all. Now the final Charles/Erik moments...powerful stuff.

he referred to her natural form as a "cosmetic problem" and encouraged her to hide her natural form repeatedly as well as sought after other girls despite her clearly wanting to be with him. So yes i think he did condemn her natural form. as for the ric and charles parts how about you make your own thread regarding that. this is about the mystique and eric scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"