The Dark Knight Did anyone feel a J. Depp/Jack Sparrow vibe from joker?

I think your missing something, the reason TDK Joker was so brilliant is because he seemed real, Ledger brought him to life. This isn't about Ledger, its about any actor who takes on the character of Joker. They have to bring something personal for it to work IMO. Joker is one of the most complicated villains ever and to just have him played by the book would be a great injustice to him. There has to be something more there, and i think if hes re-casted then the actor who gets the gig will really have to delve into the phyche of Joker and bring something unique. A imitation of Heaths Joker will never work, you know why? Because the person will not be Heath!! I'm not saying it because its Heath, i would say the same thing if it was any other actor, they have to bring something personal to the role.
Ok i dont know how these things work, but i can imagine that if the joker is going to have a minor role in the sequel (i dont think that Nolan will explore the same ethics and ideas again) then why cant the replacing actor just play heath's joker? Nolan could guide him through. He doesnt have to bring anything to the role, he just has to play the joker. That specific joker. I dont know where Nolan could take the character, but i wouldnt want to see him acted differently. Its should be the same joker we saw in TDK. The joker is a role, a set of clothes that the actor puts on.

Oh, and if they recast the role, they might want to instruct the actor to lick his lips a bit less, not every couple of words. Christ Heath!

And before anyone misinterpretes me, i should make it clear: I LOVED HEATH'S JOKER.

"My phone call....i want my phone call....i want it....i want it...."

"You wanna know why...i use...*looks to the cop with eyes wide open playfully*....a knife?"

I just couldnt tolerate any more lip licking. He lipped his lips ten times while telling batman where Rachel and Dent where.

Theres obviously a fine line between being passionate and coming across as a bit of an ass to people who dare not share the same opinion

One of my goals in life has always been to become a passionate ass. Plus, I don't like to tip-toe :word:

I don't have a problem with people having a different opinion... just the ones that keep supporting that opinion with arguments taht have been countered and rebuked over and over and they still use them like if they wre new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"