The Dark Knight Did anyone feel a J. Depp/Jack Sparrow vibe from joker?

I see it.

Obviously the characters are different, but The Joker and Jack Sparrow both kind of saunter around when they move. In particular I think of the Joker backing out of the meeting with the mob bosses, I could easily imagine Sparrow making a similar exit.

And I think some people need to lighten up: Comparing Ledger's Joker to other roles/actors doesn't do anything to diminish the performance.

There are a million and one characters that come to mind before Jack Sparra including ones that have been comfirmed as an inspiration to this interpretation. I know they were'nt played by Johnny but its true - honest.

I got a Sparrow vibe from the mayor since they were both wearing a ridiculous amount of eyeliner.

I felt a Daffy Duck vibe
Yeah, I wanna hear the explanation. I've heard the Daffy Duck comparison before, like....way back when, and I never got it. It'd be interesting to see the insight into that one.

I thought I was the only one. Ive been afraid to mention it

The voice and the way he talks? I noticed it too. Sure, there wasn't much of a lisp, but it was weird. As for Jack Sparrow, not really. The Joker was composed. Sparrow acted like a drunk.

The interrogation had this Daffy Duck vibe.

"What about your men?"

Their voices and the way they speak are similar. They both seem to come up with really spontaneous comebacks.

By the way, I used to pull off a similar voice in my English class (when we were doing the whole Shakespeare thing). I gave Mercutio this really strange, high voice. In truth, I was giving him Jester's voice (from Devil May Cry 3) with a twist. When I read his monologues, I zipped through them quickly like the words were naturally popping up in his head at the right moment. Considering Mercutio seemed a bit crazy, and his lines have a lot to do with pretty dark things, it worked well. I could slow down the voice for enthusiasm, and I extended the most important words. Pauses were also used for dramatic effect. I could then shout with it, surprising everyone. I aced the memorized monologue assignment. Now that TDK is out, I can't really use it because it sounded a lot like the Joker.

By the way, I used to pull off a similar voice in my English class (when we were doing the whole Shakespeare thing). I gave Mercutio this really strange, high voice. In truth, I was giving him Jester's voice (from Devil May Cry 3) with a twist. When I read his monologues, I zipped through them quickly like the words were naturally popping up in his head at the right moment. Considering Mercutio seemed a bit crazy, and his lines have a lot to do with pretty dark things, it worked well. I could slow down the voice for enthusiasm, and I extended the most important words. Pauses were also used for dramatic effect. I could then shout with it, surprising everyone. I aced the memorized monologue assignment. Now that TDK is out, I can't really use it because it sounded a lot like the Joker.
that's pretty damn awesome .

Daffy Duck, I dunno if there's any insight there it's mostly just a superficial resemblance. His voice, being nasally and flippant and the way he lashes out passive aggressively or makes smart quips. And Ledger moves in a very cartoony fashion, with exaggerated facials, maybe this reminded me of the duck. Daffy is also slightly grumpy all the time but expresses it with a sardonic slapstick, I got that from Ledger too. but mostly his voice and the way he pronounces words. I thought of Daffy Duck waaay back when we saw the trailer, when there was only a few snippets of footage to go on, so it's probably something very subjective I guess

Dont know bout Nepenthes but I was joking

geez thanks man :whatever: :cwink:

Daffy Duck, I dunno if there's any insight there it's mostly just a superficial resemblance. His voice, being nasally and flippant and the way he lashes out passive aggressively or makes smart quips. And Ledger moves in a very cartoony fashion, with exaggerated facials, maybe this reminded me of the duck. Daffy is also slightly grumpy all the time but expresses it with a sardonic slapstick, I got that from Ledger too. but mostly his voice and the way he pronounces words. I thought of Daffy Duck waaay back when we saw the trailer, when there was only a few snippets of footage to go on, so it's probably something very subjective I guess

i see what you mean there . you got a good point . it's pretty ironic considering that jack nicholson once said that his joker was influenced by bugs bunny .

geez thanks man :whatever: :cwink:

Haha left ya hanging buddy, sorry. You did well though.

In respect to now Johnny Depp really gets into the Jack Sparrow character like Heath did with Joker, yeah, but other then that, no.

Daffy Duck, I dunno if there's any insight there it's mostly just a superficial resemblance. His voice, being nasally and flippant and the way he lashes out passive aggressively or makes smart quips. And Ledger moves in a very cartoony fashion, with exaggerated facials, maybe this reminded me of the duck. Daffy is also slightly grumpy all the time but expresses it with a sardonic slapstick, I got that from Ledger too. but mostly his voice and the way he pronounces words. I thought of Daffy Duck waaay back when we saw the trailer, when there was only a few snippets of footage to go on, so it's probably something very subjective I guess.

:word: Daffy Duck huh? That's a new one for me.

Did anyone get a lord voldemort vibe from Harvey Two-Face

HURRRRR

I got an Alex from A Clockwork Orange vibe from him once and awhile. And a smattering of Hunter S. Thompson oddly...but mainly just Heath's own unique creation.

Only when he asked how many friends of the cop's he killed, then when the cop told him six, and Joker did that mocking gesture with his mouth (repeating "six")... Only that part reminded me of Jack. Other than that, no.

^ Your name sounds filthy if you say it in a Stewie Griffin-esque voice. Just throwing that out there...:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"