The Dark Knight Did anyone feel a J. Depp/Jack Sparrow vibe from joker?

obiwan

Civilian
Reaction score
there were times where the way he talked and moved was too much like a Depp character, most notably jack sparrow. i swear, if theres anyone to recast the joker with, its Depp. heath at times felt like a jack sparrow type character with his version of joker. the wierd movements and way of saying some things, his humour.

Never even crossed my mind

but now that I think about it............

no, absolutely not

Funny, I don't really recall any Joker scenes where he walked around as if he was a drunk trying to dance, flailing his arms and saying "Oh bugger". Maybe it was just me.

Nope.

And no to your recast suggestion.

There is a significant difference in both of their mannerisms.
Jack Sparrow moves in a very airy fashion, smooth but still a little off kilter. His voice is very low and he tends to slur some of his words together and he seems more like a hippie than anything.
The Joker just can't stay still. He twitches, he licks his lips, he makes faces, he just can't control himself. He breathes heavily and his movements aren't as fluid as Jack Sparrow's.
And that's all I have to say about that.

No, No, No!

The joker was twitchy and hyper, not drunk and suffering from a concussion (Sparrow), or a hollow eyed Burton-twin (Todd). I respect all people's opinions- but come on!

On the flip side, a joker/jack sparrow cross would be hilarious. "Am ah mahn o' simple tayst, ah like gunpowdeh, dynamite, and RUM! *hic*"

That "vibe" you're talking about? It's the thing about having someone you shouldn't like being so damn charismatic that you like him anyway. The voice, the mannerisms, the posture, the face...none of these things were similar. It's the overall impression of having a morally ambiguous or even evil character be so charismatic that he's actually likable. That's the "vibe" you got.

hate to be the odd one out but I totally did, and I think they are similar but completely different

like an elephant and a polar bear, similar but completely different

Other than both of those characters being the definitive role for each actor, no, Jack Sparrow doesn't resemble Joker in the slightest.

Funny thing here is that where I live they dubbed Ledger with the same guy that dub Depp in all his movies, so I had a feeling that it was actually Depp as the Joker not Heath, but the guy did a really great dubbing job for the Joker when you compare it to the original english version.

obiwan, i can see how you could think jack sparrow at times, but then again they are alot different. some of his facial expressions reminded me of jack sparrow a small bit.

Only in the sense that the Joker is to TDK what Jack Sparrow is the the Pirates movies.

No, and thank God I didn't feel anything of a Johnny Depp vibe.

Depp is so ****ing overrated it pisses me off. Maybe I'll write an editorial about it sometime soon.

They were both charismatic to me. That's the only similarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"