The Dark Knight Rachel Dawes Solution

Listen super ludircrus, erm...where'd you egt taht picture of that woamn.

I do atleast want a reason for her not returning, if she doesn't. But I think she will...

But it seems like none of you would want Racheal Dawes beyond the sequel of Batman Begins (ie she's there for the whole franchise)?

Super_Ludacris said:
But it seems like none of you would want Racheal Dawes beyond the sequel of Batman Begins (ie she's there for the whole franchise)?

If she's got to be there for the entire franchise then I vote to let her go and give a reason in that case:up:

Super_Ludacris said:

Well there is rumours that Katie Holmes will be not return because she will be looking after her kid or WB didn't like publicity she got with Tom Cruise that she didn't do enough to promote the BB movie.

small tiny cameo. see her in passing really. no need to tie her up in the plot. just a nod to let everyone know "yes we didn't forget her, no she's not important so we're not going to give her a piece of the plot"

works out just fine and would give some satisfaction.

I think she may be back, but only for a little bit of the movie, just to finally get rid of her.

What I think should happen is they are living life as usual, and she goes out one night, and gets killed by the Joker.

This will spark Batman's anger, and will make for a great showdown between the two.

farmerfran said:
I think she may be back, but only for a little bit of the movie, just to finally get rid of her.

What I think should happen is they are living life as usual, and she goes out one night, and gets killed by the Joker.

This will spark Batman's anger, and will make for a great showdown between the two.
this has been said 100 times and it still isnt necessary. the fact that Batman and Joker are polar opposites is enough reason for Batman to seek out Joker. and theyve touched on the whole justice vs. vengeance/ "you killed my loved one" theme 3 of out the 5 movies already.

javi1024 said:
and theyve touched on the whole justice vs. vengeance/ "you killed my loved one" theme 3 of out the 5 movies already.

That is quite true . . . but Rachel was Batman's voice of reason, so to speak when he was yonger . . . this gives more weight to her death if Joker kills her, as it's not just a death of convenience . . . like the Joker killing Batman's parents in BM '89

Bruce should try and convince Rachel to go into hiding after recieving info that Crane is still at large in Gotham (or the now released Falcone is sending death threats).
Get her ass to Bludhaven.

I think in the end it may be that they somehow have to write out a minor explination of her leaving Gotham. Like maybe she couldnt take the madeness the city had become and seeing Bruce fight as Batman every night or something like that.

I don't think its a bad idea for Joker to kill Rachel

It would be god if Joker kidnapped Rachael and trorured her before killing her. And show it on film to Batman like he did on ROTJ with Robin.

She should be Batman's inside-woman. and girlfriend of bruce wayne.

in all honesty i didnt think she was too bad at all, certainly not Natalie Portman in the prequels bad!

I can see the argument for her being a joker victim, but if we want a happy ending to the trilogy (not saying i do) then she is the only charatcer who links bruce to his pre-trauma days, perhaps the third film could end with bruce reconciling who he is with who he was and finally going off with Rachel...

Besides, i think gordons fam (sounds cruel i know) are better Joker fodder

Either don't mention her or kill her off. Her character is really useless. It's time Harvey Dent comes in as the D.A. and it's time a new love interest comes in for Bruce. Whether she be a woman he can have on his arm, or an actual love interest, doesn't matter, it's time for Bruce to move on away from Rachel.

Any solution that writes her out of the sequel is a good solution.

I posted this on the other Racheal Dawes thread too...

I quote Miss Rawes, "Maybe someday when Gotham no longer needs Batman, I'll see (Bruce) again"... what other explanation do you need... are audiences so dumb that they need an explanation to every little detail in a movie trilogy... producers do this to raise speculation... leave it open for possibilities... now that it looks like Katie won't be back... why go through recasting to further confuse a movie with another unecessary plot distractions that will just eat up valuable screen time... why complicate the Joker/Batman conflict (not that it wouldn't work but if it doesn't...) by Joker killing Rachael... just move on already... I'd much rather see Selina (KATE BECKINSALE GOD DAMMIT) or Talia (Keira Knightley) than the same boring actress Katie Holmes...

Rachel's scene at the end seemed like a formal goodbye to the character, so I guess you're right.

There's no point in bringing her back. The relationship is DONE. It can't go any further.

I think to make it a little more personal for Batman to fight the Joker would be to have the Joker kill (and possibly do some evil and twisted stuff) to the Rachel character.

the way to make her character significant is to have her die at the hands of the Joker. When that happens it will cause Bruce to go through another level of psychological scarring. It will be another test to him...

inside-woman

girlfriend of bruce wayne

killed by joker

:) not bad...

If they bring Katie back... then let the joker kill her off... but if not... bring in Selina... only as a setup for catwoman in 3... i don't want to see catwoman in 2

Babs Gordon said:
small tiny cameo. see her in passing really. no need to tie her up in the plot. just a nod to let everyone know "yes we didn't forget her, no she's not important so we're not going to give her a piece of the plot"

works out just fine and would give some satisfaction.

I agree . . . but would she be worth whatever they have to pay her for a cameo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"