directors for Justice League solo films

FeedOnATreeFrog

(A Metal Gear reference)
Reaction score
Who do want/actually think could direct each film?

Here's who I've picked (and I'm gonna leave Nolan out of this)

Man of Steel (2013): Snyder, just because he's already doing it, and what's been shown looks great. Though I might have picked Abrams before (for his work on Super 8).

Flash (2015) : Danny Boyle (for his kinetic camera style/editing/pacing in all his films. They all strike a great a balance of lightheartedness and drama. His films have 'heart', and is great at making things uplifting). Brad Bird is another pick.

WW (2016) Refn (beacuse he's expressed interest, and because he's top notch) with Tarsem Singh and/or his cinematographer as second-unit director/cinematographer (given their immaculate work on Immortals (and The Fall)).

Green Lantern (2016): JJ Abrams would have been perfect (Star Trek). Ditto for Jim Cameron (Avatar). Maybe, possibly, the Wachowski's? (the futuristic world they created in Cloud Atlas seemed cool, from the trailer). They've got a lot of ambition and tons of experience with CG.

Batman (2017): Rian Johnson (for his great work on Looper. He's got a great knack for Film Noir. His involvement might also get JGL back on board, if we're talking Nolanverse here, so I can get me some Blakeman ;)). David Fincher would be great too I think.

Justice League (2018): Abrams and Cameron are pipedreams, so perhaps Snyder (given his work on Watchmen)?

Last edited:
Refn is top notch, but I can't say I am excited for his Wonder Woman movie. And I really dislike the Wachowskis. I hope they never get too close to a superhero project.

I'd be interested in Wonder Woman or Aquaman maybe nabbing one of the directors from Game of Thrones. The set pics of Thor 2 have really impressed me. Seems like more of what I expected for the first Thor.

If they/you/whoever want Wondy to be more of a light-hearted adventure Indiana Jones/Captain America, than Brad Bird would be cool.

Nicolas Refn on Wonder Woman is a must. Tarsem Singh for Aquaman. Rian Johnson is also my Batman choice. Cuaron for Justice League,

I meant classic DC superheroes. I'm sure you know this.

Not a Walter Hill directed Green Arrow either?

Michael Mann could work for Green Arrow too.
And Baz Lurhmann has long been a favorite for Flash

meh, he'd still make a better Hitman movie
Isn't this thread about solo films for members of Justice League? I might be mistaken

You asked what hero would be best for Walter Hill. I simply answered it.
But this thread is only about the JL heroes, right? I believe the topic narrowed down the number of DC characters to choose from

Batman (2017): Rian Johnson (for his great work on Looper. He's got a great knack for Film Noir. His involvement might also get JGL back on board, if we're talking Nolanverse here, so I can get me some Blakeman ;)). David Fincher would be great too I think.

I actually did a list of directors I though would be good for rebooting Batman, and Johnson was definitely one of my choices.

Martin Campbell, I think would be perfect for Batman, as well.

Guillermo Del Toro for Batman

Ditto'd, him or Alex garland, Sam raimi or brad bird for flash, joe Kosinski for green lantern, tarsem Singh for aquaman, and just for the fun of imaging, anagram lee for Wonder Woman.

Ditto'd, him or Alex garland, Sam raimi or brad bird for flash, joe Kosinski for green lantern, tarsem Singh for aquaman, and just for the fun of imaging, anagram lee for Wonder Woman.

Looking at Synder's stuff with MOS, somebody stylized like Del Toro would bring a similar look if they are to be in the same universe.

He's busy up til 2017...and that's when they start Batman back up again, so he might be up for it.

Or maybe one of his protégés, like the guy who did the orphanage and mama.

I like a lot of the picks in the opening post.

Del Toro would be great for Martian Manhunter, I think.

Or maybe one of his protégés, like the guy who did the orphanage and mama.

Yea, the guy who did the orphanage just got some serious Oscar buzz for The Impossible. Would love to see what else that guy has up his sleeve.

I like a lot of the picks in the opening post.

Del Toro would be great for Martian Manhunter, I think.

I doubt there'd be a MM movie. (Has he even ever got his own comic?).

Which is why they damn well better put him in the Jl movie where he belongs.

I think he actually sort of had more than one. The Ostrander series in the late 90s/early 2000s, and also one back in the silver age. I know basically nothing about the latter, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"