Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

On the plus side, it is nice to see she's so bothered by the push back, she can't stop doing stuff like that. It means it gets to her. I bet it keeps her up at night. Best you can hope for, with someone that rich.

Ehhh, if the result wasn't her doubling down, then maybe.

You know, it's weird, but I'm starting to think they don't care about sexual assault victims outside of a stick to beat minorities with. :o

What, if any, anti-rape/sexual assault advocacy do you think she could or should do to not be considered selective in her outrage against rape?

What, if any, anti-rape/sexual assault advocacy do you think she could or should do to not be considered selective in her outrage against rape?
She could advocate for all women who've been assaulted. Cis or trans. Multiple studies have shown transgender folk, especially women, to be extremely vulnerable to sexual assault. If her care is for her fellow human beings, especially women, advocate for them. Don't demonize a group which is already vulnerable.

Let's for one second consider the stupidity of what she wrote. If she's worried about women being assaulted in women's prisons, why has she not considered the little fact that they are far more likely to be assaulted by cis-gender women inmates or guards working at the prison, then any transgender woman inmate? Because it doesn't fit the narrative. How much time does she talk about prison reform, to stop such assaults? Here's a hint, not often. And because that's the case, she doesn't actually care about women being sexually assaulted, outside of a stick to beat the trans community with.

Last edited:
JK Rowling and Dave Chapelle choosing Trans people as a hill to die on is so strange. Tarnishing your legacy because you have issues with other peoples identity choices is a real headscratcher.
Part of the issue is that transphobia is very popular, very bipartisan in the UK.
The UK has many ignorant, out of touch bigots on both ends of the political spectrum sadly. The Conservatives not being allies to minority groups is no surprise but Labour has a fair share of tone death haters as well.

JK Rowling and Dave Chapelle choosing Trans people as a hill to die on is so strange. Tarnishing your legacy because you have issues with other peoples identity choices is a real headscratcher.

The UK has many ignorant, out of touch bigots on both ends of the political spectrum sadly. The Conservatives not being allies to minority groups is no surprise but Labour has a fair share of tone death haters as well.

With few exceptions, I run in decidedly leftist circles in the US. I know a few people who actually supported Trump, but it was because they put an inordinate amount of interest in the economy and have bought into the idea that Trump's policies are good for their personal economy (and in some cases it's true). None of them, however, like his domestic policies. They also feel that any money allocated will be wasted and that regular people will not get much benefit of money allocated to public projects (which, again, might be true).

As for the vast majority who think Trump is a narcissistic A whole who cares nothing about them, I can't think of one who I would consider a crazy. Perhaps my own bias, but these are all forward thinking, reasonable people.

In your country, does it seem like both sides have about the same number of nuts on each side or do you think it's weighted to one side?

With few exceptions, I run in decidedly leftist circles in the US. I know a few people who actually supported Trump, but it was because they put an inordinate amount of interest in the economy and have bought into the idea that Trump's policies are good for their personal economy (and in some cases it's true). None of them, however, like his domestic policies. They also feel that any money allocated will be wasted and that regular people will not get much benefit of money allocated to public projects (which, again, might be true).

As for the vast majority who think Trump is a narcissistic A whole who cares nothing about them, I can't think of one who I would consider a crazy. Perhaps my own bias, but these are all forward thinking, reasonable people.

In your country, does it seem like both sides have about the same number of nuts on each side or do you think it's weighted to one side?
In the UK the both major political parties have been far more centrist for the past 30 years so there has been traditionally less political division than in America. The Conservatives have been moving ever more right wing pushing some nationalist identity politics and increasingly aggressive/paranoid about immigration/asylum seekers.

Conservatives in the UK like the U.S were traditionally the small government, less taxes, pro private business party in the UK but unlike the U.S the religious right isn't a political force in the UK. Abortion isn't a hot button issue that is part of any political agenda and gay marriage was made legal under with their administration with little objections. Climate change is widely accepted as being real by UK conservatives. They are seen by many as being self interested and uncaring about the marginalized by many people.

The Labour Party have been centre left in the UK since they were reformed as New Labour. They are big on some social democratic policies and pro big business but aren't really that liberal. Other smaller parties such as the Liberal Democrats, Greens and SNP in Scotland are more to the left of Labour. Labour flirted with more left wing policies under the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn but went back to centre politics under current leader and Corbyn's successor Keir Starmer.

I think we have nuts people at both extreme ends of the political spectrum but I think there are slightly more crazy folks oh the right side of the politics. I dislike the self centred nationalist and populist politics sweeping the globe over the last decade. Personally I see it as destructive, dangerous and short sighted.

You know, it's weird, but I'm starting to think they don't care about sexual assault victims outside of a stick to beat minorities with. :o

If right wingers actually gave a **** about sexual assault victims they probably wouldn't have voted for a rapist who was best friends with the head of a pedophile ring in the last two elections

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"